You are a sick, demented individual and I respect you for it. Did you see "Law Abiding Citizen"? I think you would like it, especially the beginning.1. In this link there is no reference at all to prisoners of the state (while it does talk about the government paying for transplants.)
Organ Transplants: Ethical Issues
It's safe to assume that the board never discussed this potential scenario because come on, how many of them actually ever deal with individuals such as pedophiles or would ever expect a ward of a state prison in their operating room for a heart transplatn.
2. Basic Medical Care is what is offered in a hospital emergency room. To answer the question as to whether or not a heart transplant is "basic medical care" ask yourself: Is this procedure currently done in a hospital emergency room for an individual with no insurance?
3. The state has an obligation to provide reasonable medical care to the prisoner, at taxpayer expense, to ensure he can reasonably live out his natural life. So, is a heart transplant part of his natural life or is it an extension of his natural life? They answer that question in the link I posted above also.
4. Quality of life - While the merit system has long been determined to not be fair, the quality of life afforded by the transplated organ to it's recipient is. Who will have a better quaity of life? Will it be a pedophile serving time in a state prison under the watchful eye of armed guards or will it be an average Joe who has never broken a law in his life, beyond traffic laws, and wants to help raise his kids and maybe even his grandkids? Which recipient will have a greater quality of life?
What's my opinion? I personally think we should do the the operation as follows:
1. Administer local anesthesia to the prisoner's chest.
2. Utilizing scalpel & rib spreaders let's get him open.
3. Hook-up the bypass machine to make sure he doesn't die on the table while his heart is out.
4. Remove his heart.
5. Place it on a tray right in front of him, just out of reach.
6. Chop up his heart that was just removed with a meat cleaver.
7. Leave the room. The anesthesia will wear off eventually.
But then again, I'm a sick demented individual they say when it comes to kiddie diddlers.
No transplant is my determination after looking at the material currently available on this topic and upon review of my personal feelings towards perverts.
***Touch my kids and I don't care if I've gotten 90 cops on my tail. I'm comin' in full throttle and I will get to you first. While your being dropped in a hole by 6 I will be judged by 12. I'm bettin' that at least one will be a father who thinks like me.