View Poll Results: Would you vote for Herman Cain for president?

Voters
356. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    164 46.07%
  • No

    192 53.93%
Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172
Results 711 to 718 of 718

Thread: Herman Cain for president?

  1. #711
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,908

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by mertex View Post
    You mean on the road back to the "50's"!
    no, actually

  2. #712
    Professor
    ElCid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-11 @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,784
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Cain is a well-meaning, seemingly honorable old guy. Nonetheless, he's a side-show. I congratulate him, however, for having gained so much notoriety, so fast.
    NOTICE: I am not a troll, because what I write I believe, and I have no intention of derailing threads or manipulating human nature. I am not a terrorist, because I do not endorse the killing of innocent people, and I am not here to promote violence. I AM HERE ONLY TO EXPRESS MY PERSONAL OPINION AND ENJOY LIVELY DISCUSSION.

  3. #713
    Civil Libertarian
    DashingAmerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    08-31-17 @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,357

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by ElCid View Post
    Cain is a well-meaning, seemingly honorable old guy. Nonetheless, he's a side-show. I congratulate him, however, for having gained so much notoriety, so fast.
    I don't think that's entirely true, there is still a lot of time to go and many many debates.
    If you strike me down, I'll become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

  4. #714
    Professor
    ElCid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-11 @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,784
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by DashingAmerican View Post
    I don't think that's entirely true, there is still a lot of time to go and many many debates.
    Gimme a break....................please.
    NOTICE: I am not a troll, because what I write I believe, and I have no intention of derailing threads or manipulating human nature. I am not a terrorist, because I do not endorse the killing of innocent people, and I am not here to promote violence. I AM HERE ONLY TO EXPRESS MY PERSONAL OPINION AND ENJOY LIVELY DISCUSSION.

  5. #715
    Educator

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    07-08-11 @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Racist, bigoted piece of garbage. And no, I don't care that he's black. Anyone who says that a certain race of people need to prove their loyalty to him is a bigot.

  6. #716
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    55

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    I really don't know enough about him yet. All I know is he was a business man so I will need to know a lot more from him. He has no political experience as a GOV. or SEN.

  7. #717
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,568

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    In the '50s, the US was able to build the interstate highway system and help to rebuild both our allies and former enemies, while paying down the wartime debt.

    So, what's wrong with the '50s again?

    In the '60s, the US landed a man on the moon and fought the most divisive war since the civil war, passed civil rights, and remained the world's foremost creditor nation.

    Other than said war, the '60s weren't so bad, either.

    The '70s saw economic turmoil caused by OPEC, and gas prices that went up by a factor of 6 or so. Still, we didn't incur a huge debt, and remained a creditor nation.

    So, what was so bad about that?

    It seems to me that the downhill plunge of this nation started about 30 years ago, and has been accelerating since. Maybe I'm just old and cynical, but it looks to me as if things are getting worse.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  8. #718
    Don't Mess With Texas
    mertex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,382

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    In the '50s, the US was able to build the interstate highway system and help to rebuild both our allies and former enemies, while paying down the wartime debt.

    So, what's wrong with the '50s again?

    In the '60s, the US landed a man on the moon and fought the most divisive war since the civil war, passed civil rights, and remained the world's foremost creditor nation.

    Other than said war, the '60s weren't so bad, either.

    The '70s saw economic turmoil caused by OPEC, and gas prices that went up by a factor of 6 or so. Still, we didn't incur a huge debt, and remained a creditor nation.

    So, what was so bad about that?

    It seems to me that the downhill plunge of this nation started about 30 years ago, and has been accelerating since. Maybe I'm just old and cynical, but it looks to me as if things are getting worse.

    Gee, and 30 years ago we had, er, let's see, Reagan for President. Things got better under Clinton, but then we had Bush for 8 years - that really was a long time for anything good to happen.



    "I have been thinking that I would make a proposition to my Republican friends... that if they will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them."
    --Adlai Stevenson, Politician





Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •