View Poll Results: Would you vote for Herman Cain for president?

Voters
356. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    164 46.07%
  • No

    192 53.93%
Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 718

Thread: Herman Cain for president?

  1. #631
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,784

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy View Post
    ...okay, so you don't believe that anything could be logically assumed or deduced about a religion in general based on its mainstream teachings? Okay. That's fine. You can go ahead and believe that. It's a belief that substitutes reality, as well as several centuries of Islamic teaching, for the belief that it's impossible to make a logical deduction about what "most" people in a religion believe based on what "most" people in a religion are taught.

    But you can believe that. It's kinda the equivalent of you saying, "Most Republicans disagree with me. But since political beliefs are individual beliefs, it is impossible for me to assume that most Republicans disagree with me, even though I KNOW they do."

    That's fine by me.
    LOL wow thats nice hyperbole, nice dramatics. Did I say that I dont think ANYTHING can be logically assumed or deduced, nope thats just you being dramatic to feel better about your wrong stance.

    Sorry reality is on my said whether you like or not LMAO

    I mean are you are saying its fair and logical to think all muslims want to overthrow the american government even the ones here and that are in political office or might want to work for Herman Cain, are you saying that? are you saying thats logically?

    according to YOUR logic you already provided its a simple yes or no answer, if you give any other answer besides yes or no you are already back pedaling and showing your flawed logic. Ill be waiting for your answer, yes or no. Time to man up!

    Is its fair and logical to think all muslims want to overthrow the american government, even the ones already here and that are in political office or might want to work for Herman Cain, YES OR NO?
    Last edited by AGENT J; 05-26-11 at 03:49 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #632
    Distributist
    Jeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,326

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    LOL wow thats nice hyperbole, nice dramatics. Did I say that I dont think ANYTHING cant be logically assumed or deduced, nope thats just you being dramatic to feel better about your wrong stance.
    Alright, so you can't go back to that anymore.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    I mean are you are saying its fair and logical to think all muslims want to overthrow the american government even the ones here and that are in political office or might want to work for Herman Cain, are you saying that? are you saying thats logically?

    according to YOUR logic you already provided its a simple yes or no answer, if you give any other answer besides yes or no you are already back pedaling and showing your flawed logic. Ill be waiting for your answer, yes or no. Time to man up!

    Is its fair and logical to think all muslims want to overthrow the american government, even the ones already here and that are in political office or might want to work for Herman Cain, YES OR NO?
    Umm...No. According to my logic, it isn't bigoted to assume what most Muslims want to do based on what most practicing and believing Muslims are taught. I've already gone back and said that neither side (you or cpwill) have utilized the world "all" in pushing what they want. The fact is, if you objectively know what a majority of people believe, then it is not bigoted to assume and it is not bigoted to take certain precautionary measures (checks at airports).

    But according to you, ANY assumption about the general body of belief is impossible -- a belief that you've now backtracked on.

    I bid you good day.
    SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAGSWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie
    Thanks for your awesomeness, Jeezy.

  3. #633
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,784

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy View Post
    Alright, so you can't go back to that anymore.



    Umm...No. According to my logic, it isn't bigoted to assume what most Muslims want to do based on what most practicing and believing Muslims are taught. I've already gone back and said that neither side (you or cpwill) have utilized the world "all" in pushing what they want. The fact is, if you objectively know what a majority of people believe, then it is not bigoted to assume and it is not bigoted to take certain precautionary measures (checks at airports).

    But according to you, ANY assumption about the general body of belief is impossible -- a belief that you've now backtracked on.

    I bid you good day.
    thank you for proving my point, you couldnt man up and just answer yes and no, you had to give me qualifiers, and fillers and excuses to make yourself feel better about your wrong opinion, this is exactly what I knew you would do.

    and again with more dramatics I NEVER said your last part, thanks for playing and helping me make my point
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #634
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    EUSSR
    Last Seen
    03-24-14 @ 01:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,851

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    would you vote for Herman Cain if he made it to the presidential election?
    No.
    The guy seems more like a preacher than a serious politician.

  5. #635
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Remember all the outcry of political experience coming from the right on Obama. I have a question where is this man "political experience"?


  6. #636
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Oh, my! Seems Herman Cain was against Muslim before he was for them ...
    Herman Cain wants to correct the record: He would consider a Muslim for his cabinet or as a federal judge if he’s elected president.

    Cain’s clarification comes two months after he initially said he wouldn’t have any Muslim appointees, stoking controversy and criticism from a leading Muslim advocacy group.

    “That statement is not what I said. It has been misconstrued,” Cain told Glenn Beck on his radio show Tuesday.

    ... but a couple of months ago, that's what he said ...

    Would you be comfortable appointing a Muslim, either in your cabinet or as a federal judge?

    No, I would not. And here’s why. There is this creeping attempt, there is this attempt to gradually ease Sharia law and the Muslim faith into our government. It does not belong in our government.

  7. #637
    Professor
    NGNM85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 11:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,571

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Under no circumstances.
    Economic Left/Right: -7.25, Authoritarian/Libertarian:-7.13
    All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. -Noam Chomsky

  8. #638
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Oh, my! Seems Herman Cain was against Muslim before he was for them ...
    Herman Cain wants to correct the record: He would consider a Muslim for his cabinet or as a federal judge if he’s elected president.

    Cain’s clarification comes two months after he initially said he wouldn’t have any Muslim appointees, stoking controversy and criticism from a leading Muslim advocacy group.

    “That statement is not what I said. It has been misconstrued,” Cain told Glenn Beck on his radio show Tuesday.

    ... but a couple of months ago, that's what he said ...

    Would you be comfortable appointing a Muslim, either in your cabinet or as a federal judge?

    No, I would not. And here’s why. There is this creeping attempt, there is this attempt to gradually ease Sharia law and the Muslim faith into our government. It does not belong in our government.
    My, what a lovely reversal. I'm deducting five points for his lying about saying it in the first place. Own your own, Mr. Cain.

  9. #639
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,082

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    actually he clarified later i think either the same or the next day - that he wouldn't appoint any Muslim that wasn't willing to let US Law supercede Sharia (which is against their Religion). you can argue that he probably thinks that such a group would be a small minority, or that he might be biased in assuming that a Muslim under consideration wouldn't, and I agree that the response is problematic and troubling for a man who wants to be our Chief Diplomat.

    But were he running for President, for every "Cain Wouldn't Hire A Muslim" ad, Republicans could run a "Obama Wants Hispanics To Punish Their Enemies" one, or (depending on the location) "Obama Administration Protects Black Panthers" one. I would think they would tend to negate.

  10. #640
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,082

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy View Post
    Alright, so you can't go back to that anymore.

    Umm...No. According to my logic, it isn't bigoted to assume what most Muslims want to do based on what most practicing and believing Muslims are taught. I've already gone back and said that neither side (you or cpwill) have utilized the world "all" in pushing what they want. The fact is, if you objectively know what a majority of people believe, then it is not bigoted to assume and it is not bigoted to take certain precautionary measures (checks at airports).

    But according to you, ANY assumption about the general body of belief is impossible -- a belief that you've now backtracked on.

    I bid you good day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    thank you for proving my point, you couldnt man up and just answer yes and no, you had to give me qualifiers, and fillers and excuses to make yourself feel better about your wrong opinion, this is exactly what I knew you would do.

    and again with more dramatics I NEVER said your last part, thanks for playing and helping me make my point
    hilarious. Jeezy answers you with facts, reasonableness, history, and evidence, and you respond with the equivalent of calling him a poo-poo head.

    sometimes, centrist, it's better just to walk away.

Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •