View Poll Results: Would you vote for Herman Cain for president?

Voters
356. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    164 46.07%
  • No

    192 53.93%
Page 63 of 72 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 718

Thread: Herman Cain for president?

  1. #621
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    nothing I mentioned to you was made up. I have studied Islam now at the undergraduate and graduate level. I have analyzed different portions of their religious-political structure professionally in my work. Many moons ago I used to speak basic pidgin Arabic - nothing fancy, just your basic directions, asking for food, the stuff I needed for little interactions combined with the usual gesturing. I spent a year and a half on a forum dedicated to Shia Muslims - as I don't speak Farsi and was limited to the English forums, it was about half Iranian and about half second-generation Canadian diaspora. There is nothing bigoted or ignorant in the claim that Islam inherently is political just as it is religious, and see's no rightful distinction between the two. All of the mainstream schools of thought would back me up in this. I can say without a doubt that this is the historical consensus of the Ummah. You, on the other hand, would have to look up what the Ummah was.

    But I'll bite since you know so much about Islam, perhaps you can tell me which of the three main Schools has come out and declared that Government can rightly be a secular institution.
    oh brother, why are you trying to change my discussion, why are you trying to change the debate, do you think thats going to work? LMAO

    no matter what you say Islam is the FACT remains many Muslims do NOT follow what YOU are saying just like many Christians do NOT follow the bible to the T.

    Those are the facts and the fantsy you are trying to push is that all muslims what to do what YOU are saying and your opinion and interpretation of their religion. Move the goal posts all you want, what I said stands and what you are TRYING to say will never have any merit because its simply your opinion and not true. Its your stereotypical false opinion to group all muslims. Now you are even choosing to focus on the word ISLAM when we were talkin Muslims and judging them.

    So make another long meaningless post, like your other posts it wont change any of the facts about my debate, none zero LMAO He was still wrong to respond that way and its was knee jerk, hypocritical, prejudice and or bigoted and so is anybody else that does the same thing. AGain I repeat you let me know when you can argue against the debate at hand.

    Can you do it? no you can not, theres is no defense for what he did or that type of thinking, you will talk meaningless points, try to change the subject, move the goal posts and try more failed insults and once again the facts wont change and youll still be wrong. Does moving the goal post and or back pedaling every work for you? They are weak and obvious tatics

    please thoough keep up the good fight in your head because you lost rounds ago and I enjoy the entertainment.
    Last edited by AGENT J; 05-26-11 at 09:39 AM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #622
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,589

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Of course, my statement was satire.
    Of course it was, yet there do seem to be people who believe that Obama really is a socialist out to destroy the country, and that they must unseat him, regardless of who the next POTUS may be.

    But, people who hold such a belief would vote Republican if "their" party ran Charlie Manson. So, the task is to either convince rational voters that Obama is what they say he is, or else come up with an electable candidate.

    So far, the electable candidate project hasn't gotten off of the ground.

    But, then, neither has the convincing rational voters that Obama is a socialist out to destroy the country project.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  3. #623
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    So make another long meaningless post, like your other posts it wont change any of the facts about my debate
    what facts? I utterly fail to see where you have presented any.

  4. #624
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    what facts? I utterly fail to see where you have presented any.
    I know YOU fail to see them. Thats OBVIOUS LMAO, but it doesnt change reality though, thats the best and most entertaining part. Like I said when you can argue against the topic of my debate you let me know facts have been listed whether you accept them or not
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #625
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Pardon me, I thought this was a Herman Cain thread. I'll keep looking.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #626
    Distributist
    Jeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,326

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    oh brother, why are you trying to change my discussion, why are you trying to change the debate, do you think thats going to work? LMAO
    Do you really think you've proven anything by repeating, "MANY PEOPLE DON'T FOLLOW WHAT YOU'RE SAYING THEREFORE WRONG ROFLMAO!"

    All you've done is prove that not every single Muslim doesn't believe in separation of church and state which cpwill never argued.

    The "fact" is that apolitical Islam is much less common and much less theologically mainstream than apolitical Christianity, and that fact is grounded in Islam's historical jurisprudential role in Muslim government. cpwill proved that. You did not disprove it.

    So with all due respect, stop lol'ing. You've proven nothing.

    Also --- Herman Cain.
    Last edited by Jeezy; 05-26-11 at 02:22 PM.
    SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAGSWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie
    Thanks for your awesomeness, Jeezy.

  7. #627
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy View Post
    Do you really think you've proven anything by repeating, "MANY PEOPLE DON'T FOLLOW WHAT YOU'RE SAYING THEREFORE WRONG ROFLMAO!"

    All you've done is prove that not every single Muslim doesn't believe in separation of church and state which cpwill never argued.

    The "fact" is that apolitical Islam is much less common and much less theologically mainstream than apolitical Christianity, and that fact is grounded in Islam's historical jurisprudential role in Muslim government. cpwill proved that. You did not disprove it.

    So with all due respect, stop lol'ing. You've proven nothing.

    Also --- Herman Cain.
    LMAO
    sorry try to keep up, you have no clue what you are talking about. I made a statement that was true and factual about muslims and prejudging them is wrong, illogical, knee jerk and or bigoted. He keeps spouting off about some of the teachings of islam as if it changes anything I was debating or said, it doesnt. Now he keeps attacking and changing the goal post and back peddling but I wont let him nor do I care LOL

    I NEVER ONCE tried to say that there arent islam teachings that revolve around government also so again, you have no clue what you are talking about. All i have ever said is that him ranting about those parts of islam does NOTHING to my ORIGINAL point which I stuck to no matter how hard he tried to derail it or saying irrelevant points that held no merit to my debate. LMAO

    so again I HAVE proved all that I needed and didnt NOT try to prove ANYTHING else which he TRIED to imply and now you are doing the same but you both fail

    thanks
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #628
    Distributist
    Jeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,326

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    LMAO
    sorry try to keep up, you have no clue what you are talking about. I made a statement that was true and factual about muslims and prejudging them is wrong, illogical, knee jerk and or bigoted. He keeps spouting off about some of the teachings of islam as if it changes anything I was debating or said, it doesnt. Now he keeps attacking and changing the goal post and back peddling but I wont let him nor do I care LOL

    I NEVER ONCE tried to say that there arent islam teachings that revolve around government also so again, you have no clue what you are talking about. All i have ever said is that him ranting about those parts of islam does NOTHING to my ORIGINAL point which I stuck to no matter how hard he tried to derail it or saying irrelevant points that held no merit to my debate. LMAO

    so again I HAVE proved all that I needed and didnt NOT try to prove ANYTHING else which he TRIED to imply and now you are doing the same but you both fail

    thanks
    Being a bigot is wrong. Making a logical assumption based on what mainstream Islam teaches is right, and using that assumption to inform policy is right.

    cpwill qualified the difference between the two, and how it is not necessarily bigotry to do the latter, even if it leads you to a conclusion that may not be a positive one. That's not illogical, not knee-jerk, and not bigoted. So I still fail to see why you're LOLing.
    SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAGSWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie
    Thanks for your awesomeness, Jeezy.

  9. #629
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy View Post
    Being a bigot is wrong. Making a logical assumption based on what mainstream Islam teaches is right, and using that assumption to inform policy is right.

    cpwill qualified the difference between the two, and how it is not necessarily bigotry to do the latter, even if it leads you to a conclusion that may not be a positive one. That's not illogical, not knee-jerk, and not bigoted. So I still fail to see why you're LOLing.
    Has explained earlier in more parts of the thread you obviously didnt read I am always going to laugh when I read something, funny, ignorant, entertaining and or just plain sill. I also laugh when presenting the same logic against oneself when it doesnt make sense

    Im "LOLing" due to the fact and reality that religion is practiced on an individual basis more than anything else, THATS whats logical. And what Cain did is 100% illogical, knee jerk and or bigoted, pick one thats a fact. SHould I judge all christians, Catholics? buddist? the same? LOL NO it would be 100% illogical, knee jerk and or bigoted no matter what type of spin you try and put on it.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #630
    Distributist
    Jeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,326

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Has explained earlier in more parts of the thread you obviously didnt read I am always going to laugh when I read something, funny, ignorant, entertaining and or just plain sill. I also laugh when presenting the same logic against oneself when it doesnt make sense

    Im "LOLing" due to the fact and reality that religion is practiced on an individual basis more than anything else, THATS whats logical. And what Cain did is 100% illogical, knee jerk and or bigoted, pick one thats a fact. SHould I judge all christians, Catholics? buddist? the same? LOL NO it would be 100% illogical, knee jerk and or bigoted no matter what type of spin you try and put on it.
    ...okay, so you don't believe that anything could be logically assumed or deduced about a religion in general based on its mainstream teachings? Okay. That's fine. You can go ahead and believe that. It's a belief that substitutes reality, as well as several centuries of Islamic teaching, for the belief that it's impossible to make a logical deduction about what "most" people in a religion believe based on what "most" people in a religion are taught.

    But you can believe that. It's kinda the equivalent of you saying, "Most Republicans disagree with me. But since political beliefs are individual beliefs, it is impossible for me to assume that most Republicans disagree with me, even though I KNOW they do."

    That's fine by me.
    SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAGSWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie
    Thanks for your awesomeness, Jeezy.

Page 63 of 72 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •