View Poll Results: Would you vote for Herman Cain for president?

Voters
356. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    164 46.07%
  • No

    192 53.93%
Page 52 of 72 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 718

Thread: Herman Cain for president?

  1. #511
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Correct, he has no political experience, he has never run for political office. Almost no one has heard of him, political investors will not donate to him. Besides, I've heard Godfathers Pizza is awful.


    That's quite a load of Glenn Beck Koolaid to swallow....
    I used to love Godfathers pizza as they would really heap the toppings on. Sadly none around these parts anymore.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  2. #512
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    since that's not the accurate depiction of what he said, no. what he stated was that he would have to be very satisfied that they would apply US law over shariah law - which I have no problem with. No US Judge or Governmental Appointee has the right to impose their religious preferences over US Law.
    the problem with that is shouldn't that be his thought process for EVERYONE, not just Muslims?
    While I agree 100% with you last statement theres a poster in this very thread who as said many times his bible is more important than the constitution or the united states, and thats fine thats his right but his religion would never be question because its christian thus the issue people are having with the statement.

    For example if someone asked me if I would hire a black person and I said no, then I said well only because I would have to make sure he isnt a thief or a drug dealer first would that be ok?

    Or if someone said whould you hire a gay person and I said no, then I said well I would have to make sure they arent going to molest any children first.

    the issue is that it seems his gut reaction was to STEREOTYPICALLY judge/assume first before rational thought.

    just my two cents on the subject.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #513
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Curious to know how people thought Cain did on Fox News Sunday. I have such a bias, not sure I can fairly grade him, but I think he got a B-. Maybe I just know he could've done better so didn't give a better grade. or maybe because i love the man, I didn't give him a worse grade. Or maybe he earned a B-.
    Here it is for anyone who missed it.
    He is asked about the debt limit, the fair tax, Israel, and his Pac
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  4. #514
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Here's my problem with Cain. If you can explain it away, I'll give him another look.

    He would not appoint a muslim to his cabinet. Why? Because he would not know "what is in their heads". There are three problems with this:

    1. He's bigoted against muslims.
    2. Surrounding oneself with people who's thoughts one can read is a step away from surrounding oneself with yesmen.
    3. He is limiting the diversity and thus perspective of his cabinet, on purpose.

    He must apologize for that statement sincerely, or provide an explanation I cannot imagine, for me to consider supporting him.

  5. #515
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Here's my problem with Cain. If you can explain it away, I'll give him another look.

    He would not appoint a muslim to his cabinet. Why? Because he would not know "what is in their heads". There are three problems with this:

    1. He's bigoted against muslims.
    2. Surrounding oneself with people who's thoughts one can read is a step away from surrounding oneself with yesmen.
    3. He is limiting the diversity and thus perspective of his cabinet, on purpose.

    He must apologize for that statement sincerely, or provide an explanation I cannot imagine, for me to consider supporting him.
    That will no doubt be a problem for him. However, you have to give him credit for being honest, knowing that it could harm him.
    Here he is on the Laura Ingraham show, probably digging himself in deeper with his honesty. He's not going to apologize, and if he does I would call that a flip-flop, making him no better than anyone else running.




    [QUOTE]
    On The Laura Ingraham Show, Conservative candidate for President, Herman Cain, went even further than he did in his previous comments regarding Muslims.
    I want people in my administration that are committed to the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States. I dont want any inkling of anybody in my administration who would put Sharia law over American law. [B]I have not found a Muslim that has said that they will denounce Sharia law, you know, in order to support the Constitution of the United States'
    He talks more on the video with Laura.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  6. #516
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,547

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Correct, he has no political experience, he has never run for political office. Almost no one has heard of him, political investors will not donate to him. Besides, I've heard Godfathers Pizza is awful.

    Godfather's Pizza is a successful business, is it not? The CEO has to meet a payroll, balance a budget, and make a profit.
    Sounds like more experience than the current POTUS had.

    We could use someone in the WH who knows how to do the above.

    But, unfortunately, you're probably right that he has no chance, never having held political office.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  7. #517
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    I have not found a Muslim that has said that they will denounce Sharia law, you know, in order to support the Constitution of the United States
    He's basically claiming that all muslims hold sharia over the constitution, even though not a muslim in the US has a sharia court. He has not met a muslim - wait, let's get this right "found" - meaning he has not even heard/read of a muslim who will denounce sharia to support the constitution. As if there not millions of muslims who support the constitution and go without sharia law. He ignores even those who have sworn an oath to the constitution. Perhaps he should be introduced to a muslim member of the US military.

    Let's recap his excuses:

    1. Prefers cabinet of yes-men.
    2. The bigotry is based in willful ignorance.


    With his second excuse, he's basically accused every US muslim of treason.

    He's got no shot.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 05-23-11 at 03:24 PM.

  8. #518
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    They chose McCain. The only thing he did right was choose Palin.

    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    Thats one of the reasons he lost, you do know that right?
    absolutely not. she's the only reason some even bothered going to the polls. Mccain was a loser.
    No offense Im just being as honest as possible but I have absolutely no words to describe this type of delusion and total lack of reality, its as if some of your posts live and breathe in a vortex of bias, non-objective, partisan, hyperbole and yet at the same time you are totally void of any reality of such.

    Its quite shocking and staggering at times.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #519
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    He's basically claiming that all muslims hold sharia over the constitution, even though not a muslim in the US has a sharia court. He has not met a muslim - wait, let's get this right "found" - meaning he has not even heard/read of a muslim who will denounce sharia to support the constitution. As if there not millions of muslims who support the constitution and go without sharia law. He ignores even those who have sworn an oath to the constitution. Perhaps he should be introduced to a muslim member of the US military.

    Let's recap his excuses:

    1. Prefers cabinet of yes-men.
    2. The bigotry is based in willful ignorance.


    With his second excuse, he's basically accused every US muslim of treason.

    He's got no shot.
    So answer his question. Can someone swear in on a quran and be trusted to follow American law over sharia law?
    As far as having yes men in your cabinet, there are people in Obama's cabinet that he's never even talked to in 2 plus years. He gets his advise from the likes of Union Thug Richard Trumpka and any number of radical czars that hold his same values.
    I have no problem with Cain wanting to do the same. He wants to be 100% sure that those he appoints will uphold our laws and Constitution. He wants them to be on the same page he is.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  10. #520
    Civil Libertarian
    DashingAmerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    08-31-17 @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,357

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    No offense Im just being as honest as possible but I have absolutely no words to describe this type of delusion and total lack of reality, its as if some of your posts live and breathe in a vortex of bias, non-objective, partisan, hyperbole and yet at the same time you are totally void of any reality of such.

    Its quite shocking and staggering at times.
    Realistically, the voters he lost by picking Palin as his VP he gained by picking her. Meaning the number of voters he lost for picking her, he gained from voters he didn't have in the first place.
    If you strike me down, I'll become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

Page 52 of 72 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •