View Poll Results: Would you vote for Herman Cain for president?

Voters
356. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    164 46.07%
  • No

    192 53.93%
Page 19 of 72 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 718

Thread: Herman Cain for president?

  1. #181
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    True, but if he runs for president, then he will be. So, how can we elect a non politician?
    My assumption is that the missing word is "Career". Apparently, career politicians got us into this mess, so why not look outside the normal pool of applicants?

  2. #182
    Civil Libertarian
    DashingAmerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    08-31-17 @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,357

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    He's right about coal, natural gas, and our dependence on foreign oil being a security issue. I'm not sure where he stands on other issues.

    So, what would he do about it were he to be elected president?

    What experience does he have?
    What experience did Obama have?
    If you strike me down, I'll become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

  3. #183
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Romney backed out.
    the ones who didn't are Ron Paul, Santorum, Pawlenty, I think that's it.
    I think the others are making a big mistake for not showing up for the first debate. We shall see.
    quite simply, barb, i think the reason your candidate will ultimately lose the primaries is because he's black. now, i know not all republicans are racist, but racists don't vote dem, and your party is not exactly diverse.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  4. #184
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,953

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    quite simply, barb, i think the reason your candidate will ultimately lose the primaries is because he's black. now, i know not all republicans are racist, but racists don't vote dem, and your party is not exactly diverse.
    He isn't going to lose the primary because he is black...
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  5. #185
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    quite simply, barb, i think the reason your candidate will ultimately lose the primaries is because he's black. now, i know not all republicans are racist, but racists don't vote dem, and your party is not exactly diverse.
    I think you're wrong.
    That's something I think is in his favor. His lack of experience in politics will go against him.
    He's also got the Muslim thing. That will turn a lot of people off.
    The being a chair on the Fed has the Ron Paul supporters on a rampage. They won't vote for him because of that. They're smearing him all over the place calling him a bankster and such.
    Not sure what the liberals will find wrong with him, but I'm sure it won't be pretty. They sure don't want a black man running against Obama.
    Lack of money
    Lack of media attention
    However,
    It looks like he's going to be the first one to make his run official on the 21st. Maybe that will get him some coverage.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  6. #186
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Newt Gingrich beat him to it.

  7. #187
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    I think you're wrong.
    That's something I think is in his favor. His lack of experience in politics will go against him.
    He's also got the Muslim thing. That will turn a lot of people off.
    The being a chair on the Fed has the Ron Paul supporters on a rampage. They won't vote for him because of that. They're smearing him all over the place calling him a bankster and such.
    Not sure what the liberals will find wrong with him, but I'm sure it won't be pretty. They sure don't want a black man running against Obama.
    Lack of money
    Lack of media attention
    However,
    It looks like he's going to be the first one to make his run official on the 21st. Maybe that will get him some coverage.
    liberals don't want a black man running against obama? why in the world would you think that?

    we certainly disagree.

    1) ron paul supporters are irrelevant.
    2) what "muslim" thing?
    3) money comes to front running candidates, and he certainly ought to have plenty of his own to begin.
    4) media attention comes to front runners.

    republicans do not want a black man as their candidate, because then too many of them would just stay home on election day. you excepted.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  8. #188
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,889

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    quite simply, barb, i think the reason your candidate will ultimately lose the primaries is because he's black. now, i know not all republicans are racist, but racists don't vote dem, and your party is not exactly diverse.
    Wow... another Liberal thinks the racists actually have a voice/vote that is meaningful in politics. Racism is not a factor anymore, there is a very minute population that would actually do that... maybe 2% of the GOP.
    I agree with barb, i think liberals are scared of Herman Cain running because they could never pull the race card, like the one your tossing above, anymore.

  9. #189
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    Wow... another Liberal thinks the racists actually have a voice/vote that is meaningful in politics. Racism is not a factor anymore, there is a very minute population that would actually do that... maybe 2% of the GOP.
    I agree with barb, i think liberals are scared of Herman Cain running because they could never pull the race card, like the one your tossing above, anymore.
    do you know what "playing the race card" means? i did no such thing, and i think you are naive to believe racism plays no part in politics. when you see republican party officials e-mailing racists cartoons, saying racist things, and in general showing their asses, you have racism in politics. i would really, really like to know how you got that 2%.

    what i post is my opinion, you are free to agree or disagree, but ttrust me when i say i am a liberal, and i am not scared of herman cain. in fact, i am not SCARED of any candidate, and would welcome one who i thought would a good president. the republicans didn't do that last go round, and imo, haven't done it since bush 1. he was an okay guy.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  10. #190
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    quite simply, barb, i think the reason your candidate will ultimately lose the primaries is because he's black. now, i know not all republicans are racist, but racists don't vote dem, and your party is not exactly diverse.
    Hmmm...there are other reasons why I think he won't win, but this is not one of them.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

Page 19 of 72 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •