View Poll Results: Would you vote for Herman Cain for president?

Voters
356. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    164 46.07%
  • No

    192 53.93%
Page 14 of 72 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 718

Thread: Herman Cain for president?

  1. #131
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    I'll give it 'til late-October! If he does get the nomination, I'll be pleasantly surprised!!

  2. #132
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    Thank God he is not a community organizer!!!!

    True, but I think community organizing (on our part) may be in order to get him elected. The media sure isn't going to be any help. No way is he going to be the RNC choice either. He's got his work cut out for him but if he's the nominee, Obama's done for.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  3. #133
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    True, but I think community organizing (on our part) may be in order to get him elected. The media sure isn't going to be any help. No way is he going to be the RNC choice either. He's got his work cut out for him but if he's the nominee, Obama's done for.
    Here's the post I was referring to earlier concerning the FoxNews 2012 GOP selection process. From the thread, "http://www.debatepolitics.com/bias-media/98472-and-so-begins.html#post1059466123"...

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Rather insightful, Demon. Here's something else for you folks on the Right...

    YOUR presidential nominee is suppose to be selected by YOU, the FoxNews viewers! That's right!!

    According to the authors of the book, "Revolt!", the next Republican presidential nominee is suppose to come through the "viewer selections" process, not the GOP caucuses, not primary voting and not necessarily the debates. YOU are suppose to select that candidate by virtue of staying tuned to FoxNews, listening to the potential candidates, being informed by their position of various matters from energy to foreign and domestic policy to all the other issues those on the Right care deeply about - low taxes, deficit spending, anti-abortion rights, reduced spending for the "nanny-state"...

    YOU are suppose to pick YOUR GOP candidate for the Presidency. As such, poll numbers are suppose to help you decide who the most worthy candidate is. Well, The Donald is leading ALL GOP candidates in the polls (or atleast he was until recently), but look at what FoxNews commentators and even Conservative talking heads are doing to him? Most are downplaying Trump, denouncing his viability as a credible presidential candidate. It's no wonder the Right is having such a hard time narrowing down who their GOP pick is. The pool of candidates, though vast, are either too far-right (Palin, Buchmann), are old retreads from days gone by (Gingrich/Huckabee), sound more like who's already in office (Romney) or come across as far-out wack-jobs (Trump, who again is or was leading in GOP polls, Bachmann). The truly viable candidates - Daniels, Christie - either are still mulling over if they'll run or have decided to drop out. But regardless, neither seem very favorable to potential Republican voters. So, YOUR base seems to be in quite a difficult positioin: too many potential candidates and of those who rank high none come across as being very electable.

    But YOU have to choose somebody. Who will it be? Stay tuned to FoxNews; I'm sure they'll tell you who to decide on in the coming days ahead.
    I believe it's chapter 4 that outlines the potential GOP presidential candidates. Herman Cain's name isn't among the potential nominees. Just food for thought...

    Pick your 2012 candidate wisely, Republicans. Otherwise, you may well leave the best man sitting in the margins...again.

  4. #134
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Doesn't matter; he's Black. Therefore, the odds are very much against him getting the GOP nomination. Put another way: Herman Cain could be the most conservative man since Ronald Reagan and he'd never get picked to lead the GOP. It just ain't happening.
    You libs got it all wrong. It's blacks who don't embrace the GOP, not the other way around. If the establishment republicans don't vote for him, it won't be because of his skin color. It will be because he is too conservative for them.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  5. #135
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Here's the post I was referring to earlier concerning the FoxNews 2012 GOP selection process. From the thread, "http://www.debatepolitics.com/bias-media/98472-and-so-begins.html#post1059466123"...



    I believe it's chapter 4 that outlines the potential GOP presidential candidates. Herman Cain's name isn't among the potential nominees. Just food for thought...

    Pick your 2012 candidate wisely, Republicans. Otherwise, you may well leave the best man sitting in the margins...again.
    I said somewhere here that Fox seemed to be pushing Pawlenty/ Santorum last night. They have given Cain plenty of air time, on Cavuto etc, but they also try to insinuate that he doesn't really have a chance because he doesn't have political experience like Romney for example. Irritates the hec out of me. I felt like Mccain was picked for us in the media. I don't want it to happen again.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  6. #136
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    You libs got it all wrong. It's blacks who don't embrace the GOP, not the other way around. If the establishment republicans don't vote for him, it won't be because of his skin color. It will be because he is too conservative for them.
    I guess from a political philisophical standpoint, there is a difference between being a "Republican" and being a "Conservative". It took until the Reagan presidency for southern Conservative-Democrats to finally be "merged" into the Republican party and there were still some philisophical differences between the GOP and those who were deeply rooted in conservatism some of which still linger 'til this day. While it is true that Blacks did leave the Republican party in droves in the late-50's/early 60's, they did so because they understood that "pluralism" would never truly be fully embraced within the conservative/Republican party. So, from that perspective, no. Blacks as a whole won't rush to become members of the GOP because the history of the party bares out too much "isolationism" except when there is a need to pull minorities in for their vote.

    There, too, you might be correct as well in that Republicans may not vote for him either because Cain is very conservative. But that is the dilemma the Right faces concerning him. Do they seek someone from the hard-Right who can push back against Pres. Obama and carry their conservative banner or do that take a chance once again on a Moderate-Republican who may very well lose to him - again?

    Pick your candidate wisely...

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    True, but I think community organizing (on our part) may be in order to get him elected. The media sure isn't going to be any help. No way is he going to be the RNC choice either. He's got his work cut out for him but if he's the nominee, Obama's done for.
    I'm going to try to say this politely. I'm hearing things from Cain that I like. However, Every time you take a shot at Obama or his party, I feel less inclined to loosen up on my vote grip.

  8. #138
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    I said somewhere here that Fox seemed to be pushing Pawlenty/ Santorum last night. They have given Cain plenty of air time, on Cavuto etc, but they also try to insinuate that he doesn't really have a chance because he doesn't have political experience like Romney for example. Irritates the hec out of me. I felt like Mccain was picked for us in the media. I don't want it to happen again.
    Be ready...if things pan out as I believe they will, get ready to be pissed off again, girlfriend. (Not being sarcastic; just being honest.)

  9. #139
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Nope, I've heard him on the radio quite a bit, and I disagree with him on about everything.
    Well of course you would, because he doesn't believe in your socialist welfare state system.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #140
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Herman Cain for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    I'm going to try to say this politely. I'm hearing things from Cain that I like. However, Every time you take a shot at Obama or his party, I feel less inclined to loosen up on my vote grip.
    Because I said if Cain is nominated Obama's done for, is taking a shot?

    Ok.... If Cain is the nominee, he will take the presidency from Obama. Is that better?

    Glad I didn't say he was Obama's worst nightmare.

    Cain says he's not big on political correctness, just getting things correct.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

Page 14 of 72 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •