View Poll Results: Is the Tea Party Movement Racist

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    11 15.07%
  • No

    62 84.93%
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 207

Thread: Is the Tea Party racist?

  1. #121
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is the Tea Party racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Not any stupider than the truthers.
    Barb dear: saying "well, others are stupid too" is a pretty poor defense.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Is the Tea Party racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    You are being sarcastic right?
    No I am not being sarcastic! Every word is the truth, We can't have any presidents above the law and a black president is coddled and not held to any of our important standards and laws. You are a racist if you put him in hand cuffs. You are a racist if you ask to see proof of his citizenship, You are a racist if you have any concerns about him. That simply cannot be the presidency of our country. Given that there is no reason to believe that the left can competently choose a president you don't get to anymore.

    The man was elected because everybody was terrified of you screaming liberals who had obviously lost your minds. Until Donald Trump, who evidently doesn't care what the hell color he is, bravely stepped up to the plate. It was the bravest thing a man has done for this country since Watergate.

    Y'all need to get it into your heads that a man is a man. They are exactly equal under he law. You can't treat one different than the other. Different standards. And you don't get to have a president of your very own who is above the law. It's unfortunate that blacks can't be our president but it's just not possible right now until people grow the hell up! Sorry that you blew it. But you blew it.

  3. #123
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Is the Tea Party racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome! View Post
    In regards to the Tea Party and racism, one has to recognize a dichotomy at work here: One one hand we have a group, a sincere group albeit the sincerity is united by fear, primarily due to the GOP machine and FOX news, and on the other hand, we have minorities in America that have been terrorized by racism, so the proper conclusion is: Although there may be some merit to this movement there also needs to be some responsibility to the larger picture of America's ugly racist past. In other words, you just can't organize demonstrations comprised of white America and not expect some criticism???

    Also, there needs to be a dialogue sooner or later, an intellectual exchange in other words that embraces a broader narrative and for the sake of a better word...maybe multi-culturalism??? Since we don't see ant attempts at this, we can only conclude that fear, racism and ignorance are very prevalent in this movement. This...this notion of "don't tread on me". Well how about, let's tread together as a collective to work on the issues.
    I'm not a big multiculturism fan. It divides people instead of unites them in my opinion. Besides most blacks in America are now and always have been Americans. Conservatives tend to treat people as equals. It's the progressives who constantly want people to be treated differently because of their skin color. The tea party has fewer blacks because of conservatism. Not a lot embrace it (yet). With outstanding black conservatives like Cain and West (now that would be an awesome 2012 ticket) hopefully more will realize the democratic party hasn't been doing them any favors.
    Of course they will have to deal with being called traitors, Uncle Toms, House N......s, from the left and from other blacks.


    Tea Party Could Put Record Number of Black Conservatives in Office

    Allegations of Tea Party racism made by the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, as well as George Soros’ organizations such as Media Matters, have been contested by black members of the Tea Party movement. Onnindan Online writes, “Black members of the movement say it is not inherently racist.”

    Claims that Tea Partiers used racial slurs against congressmen prior to the healthcare vote have also been contested by black conservatives. Onnindan Online adds, “Some question the reported slurs. ‘You would think — something that offensive — you would think someone got video of it.’”

    Unfortunately, black members of the Tea Party movement have to contend with cries of treason from their communities. In April, Fox News reported, “They’ve been called Oreos, traitors and Uncle Toms, and are used to having to defend their values.”

    David Webb, organizer of New York City’s Tea Party 365, Inc., states, “I’ve gotten the statement, ‘How can you not support the brother?’”

    Despite the criticism, Scott is proud of his involvement in the conservative moment, declaring, “I am more of a conservative than I am a Republican.”

    Recognizing the importance of the presence of black conservatives in Congress, the Patriot Political Action Committee unveiled Operation Black Storm, a national coalition to unite the nation behind the black conservative congressional candidates in key districts around the country.

    K. Carl Smith, president of the Conservative Messenger, explained of the coalition, “We want to reignite America’s passion for liberty and create an atmosphere for political dialogue where conservative candidates can engage in conversation about the issues without being accused or racism or called Uncle Toms.”

    He adds, “It’s finally time for our nation to get past racial barriers in politics, and with Operation Black Storm we intend to send a message to Washington that — above all — Americans of all backgrounds, colors, and decent faiths want their God-given right for SELF-RULE.”

    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  4. #124
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Is the Tea Party racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Barb dear: saying "well, others are stupid too" is a pretty poor defense.
    Sorry, I'm not going to flat out call birthers stupid. (suppose it turns out they're right?)

    I used to get so angry at my ex for spending too much on the lottery. However, I kept my feelings to myself. ( suppose he won?)
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  5. #125
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is the Tea Party racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Sorry, I'm not going to flat out call birthers stupid. (suppose it turns out they're right?)
    They are not right. There is this thing called evidence, and all of it says the exact same thing, which is that they are wrong. If you believe something in the face of an overwhelming amount of evidence to the contrary, you are an idiot.

    I used to get so angry at my ex for spending too much on the lottery. However, I kept my feelings to myself. ( suppose he won?)
    If he won, then you say "yay!".
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #126
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Is the Tea Party racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Not any stupider than the truthers.
    Agreed. However, a majority of the the TP are birthers (stupid, or racist if you prefer), while only a fractional number of liberals are truthers (stupid).

    This is your defense of the TP members?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #127
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Is the Tea Party racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    I would say maybe. If not on a whole? They sure got a lot of racist up in there:3oops:
    Really? More than liberal orgs like Common Cause?

    Also, wouldn't you say liberals who call Black conservatives things like Uncle Toms are racists?
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  8. #128
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is the Tea Party racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Agreed. However, a majority of the the TP are birthers (stupid, or racist if you prefer), while only a fractional number of liberals are truthers (stupid).

    This is your defense of the TP members?
    You are going to have this argument slammed. There are more ways to be stupid than just being a truther or birther.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #129
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is the Tea Party racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Really? More than liberal orgs like Common Cause?

    Also, wouldn't you say liberals who call Black conservatives things like Uncle Toms are racists?
    Again Barb, you are pointing to others instead of addressing the point. There are some good ways to address the point. This is not it.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #130
    Rockin' In The Free World
    the makeout hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Last Seen
    04-24-14 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,102

    Re: Is the Tea Party racist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrickt View Post
    The fact of the matter is that leftist think it's their right to say who is and isn't racist, evidence notwithstanding, and they will always call any conservative group racist. They can't help it.
    Again, this is the "racist card" I'm talking about, trying to discredit any criticism of Obama's foes by accusing them of playing the race card. It's just as bad as the race card itself
    The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet the Makeout Hobo, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •