View Poll Results: w will this budget affect the 2012 election?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • It will help Obama/Democrats

    16 39.02%
  • It will help Republicans

    8 19.51%
  • Don't know

    10 24.39%
  • No change

    7 17.07%
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 225

Thread: The Ryan/Republican Budget - 2012 elections

  1. #51
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: The Ryan/Republican Budget - 2012 elections

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No need to lie about it for it to hurt republicans. Just point to Medicare changes. Just point to the changes to tax code.
    Medicare would go away, seniors would be given a voucher to buy health insurance. What insurance company is going sell insurance to a senior?


  2. #52
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Ryan/Republican Budget - 2012 elections

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Medicare would go away, seniors would be given a voucher to buy health insurance. What insurance company is going sell insurance to a senior?
    It is a state run pool. I think that for insurance to be sold in that state, they would need to be part of that pool kinda thing. The CBO points out that this will raise the cost of insurance for every one.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #53
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: The Ryan/Republican Budget - 2012 elections

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It is a state run pool. I think that for insurance to be sold in that state, they would need to be part of that pool kinda thing. The CBO points out that this will raise the cost of insurance for every one.
    One the reasons Medicare was started in the first place was because the insurance companies didn't want this business.


  4. #54
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: The Ryan/Republican Budget - 2012 elections

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I think this is largely going to depend on what the Democrats do.

    I think if they actually legitimately tackle medicare/medicaid and/or Social Security in a truly substantive way that admits these things are broken and need some significant reform beyond simply "Raise taxes on the top 5%!!!!!", and they move forward with that along with some kind of significant deficit reducing budget then it could be harmful to republicans.

    I think if they punt again, act like the things aren't broken or just need a bandaid, think that raising a tax is going to magically fix it all or just saying "we'll tackle waste and fraud!" is actually a fix then I think you're looking at either a wash or a significant boon for Republicans depending on what way the public wind is blowing at that time.

    Whether you agree with it or not, this will mark the second time this decade where Republicans have significantly and greatly attempted to address the issues with our entitlement programs that are going to bankrupt this country on their current path while we have had no real, honest, and substantive suggestions coming from the Democrats. Does that mean Ryan's plan should absolutely happen, or is the best? No. But this is one of those cases where I think enough people realize there's something wrong here and aren't going to want to penalize one side for at least TRYING if the other sides doing jack and **** beyond punting.
    Well Z, it's quite simple. If you were a Democrat, reforming even $1 worth of Welfare, SS or Medicare would like jamming a screwdriver into your eye, then stuff a stick of dynamite into the hole and blowing up your head.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #55
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: The Ryan/Republican Budget - 2012 elections

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    One the reasons Medicare was started in the first place was because the insurance companies didn't want this business.
    You mean they didn't want to treat people for free?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: The Ryan/Republican Budget - 2012 elections

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Well Z, it's quite simple. If you were a Democrat, reforming even $1 worth of Welfare, SS or Medicare would like jamming a screwdriver into your eye, then stuff a stick of dynamite tiny little firecracker into the hole and blowing up your head.
    corrected.........

  7. #57
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: The Ryan/Republican Budget - 2012 elections

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You mean they didn't want to treat people for free?
    Surely you can figure out that the health insurance companies don't want older people as customers, can't you?


  8. #58
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: The Ryan/Republican Budget - 2012 elections

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I think this is largely going to depend on what the Democrats do.

    I think if they actually legitimately tackle medicare/medicaid and/or Social Security in a truly substantive way that admits these things are broken and need some significant reform beyond simply "Raise taxes on the top 5%!!!!!", and they move forward with that along with some kind of significant deficit reducing budget then it could be harmful to republicans.

    I think if they punt again, act like the things aren't broken or just need a bandaid, think that raising a tax is going to magically fix it all or just saying "we'll tackle waste and fraud!" is actually a fix then I think you're looking at either a wash or a significant boon for Republicans depending on what way the public wind is blowing at that time.

    Whether you agree with it or not, this will mark the second time this decade where Republicans have significantly and greatly attempted to address the issues with our entitlement programs that are going to bankrupt this country on their current path while we have had no real, honest, and substantive suggestions coming from the Democrats. Does that mean Ryan's plan should absolutely happen, or is the best? No. But this is one of those cases where I think enough people realize there's something wrong here and aren't going to want to penalize one side for at least TRYING if the other sides doing jack and **** beyond punting.

    I agree with most of your post, the democrats are much better positioned to gain on this issue with most of america if they dont go left wing nuts...if they take the middle of the road the will expose the teaparty brats for what they are cold and quite callous towards anyone that isnt in their mind successful ENOUGH and all for the rich.
    What I hear and others I know coming from them is basicall what turtledude espouses if you aint paying the top tax rate your a worthless lazy dirtbag.

  9. #59
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: The Ryan/Republican Budget - 2012 elections

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Surely you can figure out that the health insurance companies don't want older people as customers, can't you?
    So let's spend have the govt budget to care for them.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #60
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,419
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Ryan/Republican Budget - 2012 elections

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    So let's spend have the govt budget to care for them.
    No let's let them die screaming in the streets.

    Assinine.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •