View Poll Results: If Trump proves me wrong, or fails to prove anything, I will admit that I was fooled

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    4 100.00%
  • No

    0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Trump's investigation -- will you admit you're wrong if you are proved wrong?

  1. #11
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Trump's investigation -- will you admit you're wrong if you are proved wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    What is Obama hiding that he has sealed his birth and school records?
    His connections to Osama Bin Laden. It makes perfect sense.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  2. #12
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,935
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Trump's investigation -- will you admit you're wrong if you are proved wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    OK. I'm sick of the birther junk. So I'll make a deal. If Obama is proved not to have been born in Hawaii, and thus not a natural born citizen, I will publicly admit on this very board that I was wrong, and will express my regret for being fooled.
    If Trump's "investigation" can't prove anything, you admit that you were fooled by him. Who will join on this?
    Sure. If there's legitimate evidence, why wouldn't I admit I was wrong?
    I may be wrong.

  3. #13
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,159

    Re: Trump's investigation -- will you admit you're wrong if you are proved wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    Sure. If there's legitimate evidence, why wouldn't I admit I was wrong?
    That's what I thought. But...since it doesn't look like any birthers are willing to submit to any proof...

    All I'm saying, let's let somebody prove the birthers claims. Since he's a "felon" I think that he deserves a trial with evidence better than "I don't think so." So far, the only evidence has said he was born in Hawaii. Give me some evidence. If you want to convict him of a crime, prove him guilty.

    How much do you want to bet that if he did release his long form, knock on every birther's door personally and hand it to them for investigation, it wouldn't be enough.

  4. #14
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Trump's investigation -- will you admit you're wrong if you are proved wrong?

    Trump is a fool who proves that a man does not need intelligence to be rich.....he does have those "other attributes", but would prove to be a horrible President.
    Look for him to fade away.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Trump's investigation -- will you admit you're wrong if you are proved wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    OK. I'm sick of the birther junk. So I'll make a deal. If Obama is proved not to have been born in Hawaii, and thus not a natural born citizen, I will publicly admit on this very board that I was wrong, and will express my regret for being fooled.

    If Trump's "investigation" can't prove anything, you admit that you were fooled by him. Who will join on this?
    Check this out: I have always been a passionate opponent of President Obama's policies, and I always will be. I didn't vote for him in the last election, and I'm not going to vote for him in the next.

    So if I'm biased in any direction I'm biased in favor of the birthers.

    President Obama's mother was a US citizen when he was born. This means President Obama is "a natural born citizen" even if he wasn't born on US soil, even if his father was not a US citizen.

    Trump's investigation, like his whole 'candidacy', is just a PR stunt.

    /topic

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Trump's investigation -- will you admit you're wrong if you are proved wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Trump is a fool who proves that a man does not need intelligence to be rich.....he does have those "other attributes", but would prove to be a horrible President.
    Look for him to fade away.
    I'm beginning to think Trump is the modern Ross Perot.

  7. #17
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,935
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Trump's investigation -- will you admit you're wrong if you are proved wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I'm beginning to think Trump is the modern Ross Perot.
    A little. But I felt that Ross was genuine. Wacky, but genuine. Trump seems to be dissembling for fun and profit. Have the ratings for his reality show gone up since he started making these noises?

    He may prove to be more like Perot in the sense that if he decides to run I expect he won't get the nomination from the GOP and would have to run w/o it. That has the potential to split the GOP and anti-Obama vote.
    I may be wrong.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Trump's investigation -- will you admit you're wrong if you are proved wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    That's what I thought. But...since it doesn't look like any birthers are willing to submit to any proof...

    All I'm saying, let's let somebody prove the birthers claims. Since he's a "felon" I think that he deserves a trial with evidence better than "I don't think so." So far, the only evidence has said he was born in Hawaii. Give me some evidence. If you want to convict him of a crime, prove him guilty.

    How much do you want to bet that if he did release his long form, knock on every birther's door personally and hand it to them for investigation, it wouldn't be enough.
    I don't need to see anything more than a certificate of live birth. You don't need to show me the baby footie prints.

    We have seen nothing that looks anything like a birth certificate. So ya can't say we'll never be satisfied. Maybe at this point all y'all should start putting some pressure on Obama, That's what will make this debate go away. That's the only thing that's going to make it go away.

    I'm celebrating like my 25th anniversary of Birtherism this year. I would like it to go away, too!
    '

  9. #19
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,935
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Trump's investigation -- will you admit you're wrong if you are proved wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    I don't need to see anything more than a certificate of live birth.
    And then you'll admit that you were in error on this issue? You won't decry it as a forgery and posit outlandish explanations as to how the document came to be?
    I may be wrong.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Trump's investigation -- will you admit you're wrong if you are proved wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    And then you'll admit that you were in error on this issue? You won't decry it as a forgery and posit outlandish explanations as to how the document came to be?
    Certainly not! I will tear his head off for not showing it in the first place! And then I'll be all "see he never showed this before! It proves we were right and you were wrong. You were wrong and we were right."

    Or it just won't end if it's fake. But there's a big difference between fake and real. It's not like I would be making any judgements of my own.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •