View Poll Results: Are people who want to defund PP anti-women?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

    15 25.42%
  • No!

    33 55.93%
  • Something else.

    11 18.64%
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 172

Thread: Are people who wants to defund Planned Parenthood anti-women?

  1. #71
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Are people who wants to defund Planned Parenthood anti-women?

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    No baby is unwanted. All babies are precious miracles and are loved by God. I am certainly willing to help the parents of the baby care for it. It takes a village.

    I think all young people should be as educated as possible about contraception. Because getting pregnant is irreversible. Surely young people all know not to step in front of a truck.
    So you are opposed to the cuts in health care proposed by the GOP? Do you realize how many pregnancies PP helps prevent?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #72
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Are people who wants to defund Planned Parenthood anti-women?

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    What people legally do is not my business.
    Abortions are legal.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Are people who wants to defund Planned Parenthood anti-women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Abortions are legal.
    That's right. I guess I can't make that statement. Thanks for the heads up.

  4. #74
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Are people who wants to defund Planned Parenthood anti-women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    I say no. People who want PP defunded believe so not because they are anti-women, but pro-children.
    No. People who want to defund PP are not anti-women. They are also not pro-children. They are anti-abortion.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #75
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Are people who wants to defund Planned Parenthood anti-women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I have not heard of the GOP proposals to provide something better for women's health services than PP, all I've heard about is their intention to cut funding for woman's health services.

    Do you have a link to this proposal?
    Don't ask this question. It always frustrates those on the pro-life side because they have no plan. If they had one, I'd imagine there would be quite a few who would listen. I know I would.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Are people who wants to defund Planned Parenthood anti-women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    So you are opposed to the cuts in health care proposed by the GOP? Do you realize how many pregnancies PP helps prevent?
    I'm sorry. I missed this. Cuts in health care? Certainly not! More health care spending. But spending more smartly. Our health care system works just fine and I ought to know about that more than most people, I've needed good health care a lot and gotten it always.

    If PP helps prevent the the creation of an embryo then they're not completely useless at all. I think contraception is a good thing. But they should provide those services by a organization called "Help for Couples:" and not at planned parenthood which just has a bad name. There are protesters. ewww. I'm not going in there!

    Like ACORN should probably start calling itself "Neighborhood Housing Services"

  7. #77
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are people who wants to defund Planned Parenthood anti-women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I have not heard of the GOP proposals to provide something better for women's health services than PP, all I've heard about is their intention to cut funding for woman's health services.

    Do you have a link to this proposal?
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Don't ask this question. It always frustrates those on the pro-life side because they have no plan. If they had one, I'd imagine there would be quite a few who would listen. I know I would.
    And here is the rub. I doubt that ANYONE, even pro-choicers, would have a problem IF there was a viable, workable, alternative plan to not just PP but also to abortion itself. I know for damn sure that I wouldn't. As CC says, without a plan all that would happen is far more problems occuring by the current stance than if there was a decent/good plan to implement to take the current systems place.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #78
    Civil Libertarian
    DashingAmerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    08-31-17 @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,357

    Re: Are people who wants to defund Planned Parenthood anti-women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    I keep hearing how the act of defunding PP is anti-women. Do you believe this is true?
    Why is it that if you are one thing you are AUTOMATICALLY the worst of that? If some finks are fanks than all fanks are finks? Everyone remembers these kinda questions from school and everyone remembers, at least those that got it right, that the answer to that is false. So if I'm anti-PP then automatically I hate that women have rights.
    If you strike me down, I'll become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

  9. #79
    Civil Libertarian
    DashingAmerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    08-31-17 @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,357

    Re: Are people who wants to defund Planned Parenthood anti-women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    And here is the rub. I doubt that ANYONE, even pro-choicers, would have a problem IF there was a viable, workable, alternative plan to not just PP but also to abortion itself. I know for damn sure that I wouldn't. As CC says, without a plan all that would happen is far more problems occuring by the current stance than if there was a decent/good plan to implement to take the current systems place.
    I agree that there is not really a viable alternative to abortion other than staying out of bed and taking the appropriate things, for lack of a better word. That being said, people that just love to sleep around and don't do anything to thwart becoming pregnant should not be allowed to have multiple abortions just because they are too lazy to do anything to keep from becoming pregnant. It's extremely immoral.

    Instead, it should be made easier for the people that want to adopt to be able to do so. As it stands, it's pretty difficult.
    If you strike me down, I'll become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

  10. #80
    Educator Helvidius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Good ol' US of A
    Last Seen
    02-01-17 @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    735

    Re: Are people who wants to defund Planned Parenthood anti-women?

    Calling those who wish to stop funding PP as anti-woman is like calling those who support PP racist. I am against federal funding of an institution that promotes a way of life many Americans are opposed to. There are a number of citizens who do not support contraceptions and I think it is a shame their hard earned tax dollars have to fund something that goes against their values.

    Also, for the people who voted yes, it seems quite presumptuous and close-minded to assume the reasoning behind someone else's beliefs.
    Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •