View Poll Results: Are people who want to defund PP anti-women?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

    15 25.42%
  • No!

    33 55.93%
  • Something else.

    11 18.64%
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 172

Thread: Are people who wants to defund Planned Parenthood anti-women?

  1. #51
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Are people who wants to defund Planned Parenthood anti-women?

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    Dear, people who believe abortion is murder are not going to be looking for good things Planned Parenthood does. Maybe if they split services and had a separate agency for birth control services it would help. Every drug store offers birth control.
    No tax dollars are used for abortions and they are legal. Do you think a poor person is more likely or not to use birth control if it is free?

    And are you prepared to pay more for social services needed for more unwanted poor kids, that the increase pregnacies would result in, if we discontinue funding to planned parenthood? Or the increased cases of cancer treatement that have been prevented with cancer screenings?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #52
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Are people who wants to defund Planned Parenthood anti-women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    I keep hearing how the act of defunding PP is anti-women. Do you believe this is true?
    No. To leave well enough alone the millions of women who want to defund PP; whether or not the federal government has a role in funding an abortion operation is a debate that has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not one is "pro" or "anti" woman.


    OR, if we want to put in the logic: 51% of all babies are female. ergo, most abortions are of women babies, ergo, people who support PP want to kill women. why did the Democrats go to Washington to murder women?

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    01-18-13 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: Are people who wants to defund Planned Parenthood anti-women?

    No, of course not. 1/2 of all babies murdered by PP are female.

    There's no reason, what with the number of holier-than-American liberals and socialists running around crying about the funding of Planned Parenthood that PP couldn't be run on charity, if only those damned socialists were more willing to put their own money where their big mouths are and less willing to steal it from others.
    Last edited by Mayor Snorkum; 04-17-11 at 04:56 AM.

  4. #54
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,867
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are people who wants to defund Planned Parenthood anti-women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    I keep hearing how the act of defunding PP is anti-women. Do you believe this is true?
    No. Its silly to even suggest it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    I say no. People who want PP defunded believe so not because they are anti-women, but pro-children.
    No, they are anti-abortion. Which is the reason that they want to defund PP. Despite the facts. There are even a couple on this forum that will totally ignore any facts and will lie in order to achieve thier agenda.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  5. #55
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,867
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are people who wants to defund Planned Parenthood anti-women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    They are corrupt-fraudulant and questionable claims to Medicare, Medicaid
    A few clinics/accountants does not make the whole organization corrupt-fraudulant. Unless you have proof the the head honcho's of PP told all of thier clinics, or even just a few, to commit fraud then all that you are doing is spreading lies. Do you consider all muslims terrorists? Or just the ones that actually are? If you claim that just the ones are then you should apply the same logic to PP. Otherwise you are just being hypocritical.

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Racist- Will take donations and promise to specify the money for black baby abortions.
    Wasn't that woman fired?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Break the law by telling teens to lie about age
    Wasn't this woman fired also?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Break the laws by telling minors to lie about the father of the baby's age.
    If I remember right wasn't this in the same video as the above? Again...wasn't that woman fired?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Telling sex trafficers of minors all the info they need for getting std, bc, abortions etc for their"girls"
    Not only was the woman that did this fired but PP had been aware that something like this had already been going on and had informed the FBI about it a WEEK before that video was taken. Funny that eh?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Mislead on their website and media by saying that only 3% of their services is for abortions. "such a teeny weeny number"
    Though 3% is true, so is the fact that 12% of all of their clients get an abortion and way over ninety% of their pregnant clients get abortions rather opt to keep or opt to adopt.
    There was no misleading. The numbers they presented were the ones that they provide the government with. At the governments request and to thier specifications. If its good enough for the government then it should be good enough for the public. Of course for people in general that are anti-abortion and will believe anything, its not.

    Now as for the 90% number you have no idea of the accuracy of that number. Nothing that I have ever seen you post (link wise) has EVER proven that number accurate. Every single one of them does not take into account numerous factors. For example did the gal that came to them for the initial pregnancy test stay with PP? Or did they go to someone that PP referred them to? Or did they just go and find someone on thier own? Perhaps a family member advised them about a specific doctor? Did that gal move? Did that gal have a miscarriage? And no doubt many more reasons that I can't think of atm. So if you wish to talk about misleading I would suggest you look at your own anti-abortion sites first. Which is where you got that number from to begin with as I recall.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #56
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,867
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are people who wants to defund Planned Parenthood anti-women?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    The government funds PP who uses those funds in other areas. It keeps them operating, and it keeps them able to preform abortions.
    As abortions are paid for by the patients themselves defunding or funding PP has no affect on whether PP has or keeps providing abortions. In fact by defunding PP which do you think is more likely to happen?

    PP stops providing abortions?

    or

    PP ends up having to drop the previously free services, or start charging for previously free services that the funding actually went towards while leaving abortion as is...since the person wanting the abortion already fully pays for it out of thier own pocket?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Are people who wants to defund Planned Parenthood anti-women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    No tax dollars are used for abortions and they are legal. Do you think a poor person is more likely or not to use birth control if it is free?

    And are you prepared to pay more for social services needed for more unwanted poor kids, that the increase pregnacies would result in, if we discontinue funding to planned parenthood? Or the increased cases of cancer treatement that have been prevented with cancer screenings?
    No baby is unwanted. All babies are precious miracles and are loved by God. I am certainly willing to help the parents of the baby care for it. It takes a village.

    I think all young people should be as educated as possible about contraception. Because getting pregnant is irreversible. Surely young people all know not to step in front of a truck.

  8. #58
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,867
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are people who wants to defund Planned Parenthood anti-women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    It wouldn't matter if they only provided one elective abortion. That lone evil wipes away any good they may have don, and they should be shut down. More then just removed funding, they should be closed.
    Tell us Jerry....are you a paragon of virtue as you expect everyone else to be? Answer to that of course is no. After all...you've helped women get abortions haven't you? Isn't that what you have claimed before? If abortion is so abhorrant that you ignore all of the good that PP does just because of the little amount of abortions that they do when compared to any other service then perhaps we should also label you as a murderer of babies also? No matter what else you have done in your life that was "good"? Should we hope that you "get shut down" also? Personally I am inclined to not think of you as that bad of a guy. However if you are going to spout such nonsense then don't expect not to get called on it.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #59
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,867
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are people who wants to defund Planned Parenthood anti-women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    This amendment needs to be made permanent. Is that why we had to specify no federal funds for abortions in DC when everyone thought the Hyde Amendment had taken care of that?
    Hyde Amendment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    It's not law. It is regulation. As such it has an expiration date. Like any other regulatory statute. Only laws are made permanent.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #60
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,867
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are people who wants to defund Planned Parenthood anti-women?

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    If you believe in a higher power it's sorta impossible to condone abortion. It's that simple. There no give and take.
    I don't recall the word "abortion" being anywhere in the Bible...do you?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •