View Poll Results: Are people who want to defund PP anti-women?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

    15 25.42%
  • No!

    33 55.93%
  • Something else.

    11 18.64%
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 172

Thread: Are people who wants to defund Planned Parenthood anti-women?

  1. #31
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are people who wants to defund Planned Parenthood anti-women?

    Of course not, but, IMO, they are misers who have no love for mankind....some of them..
    Others are anti-abortion and will do anything , right or wrong, to support their cause.....
    I'd love to hear from one of them on this forum, but I'll not hold by breath.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Are people who wants to defund Planned Parenthood anti-women?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Of course not, but, IMO, they are misers who have no love for mankind....some of them..
    Others are anti-abortion and will do anything , right or wrong, to support their cause.....
    I'd love to hear from one of them on this forum, but I'll not hold by breath.
    Last edited by Jerry; 04-16-11 at 05:04 PM.

  3. #33
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Are people who wants to defund Planned Parenthood anti-women?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    If you want DC to be covered, give it statehood. They are truly the only people who are taxed without representation.
    I didn't think they wanted statehood. Besides, what does that have to do with us funding their abortions? I think when tax payers say they don't want to fund abortions, they mean just that. They don't mean except, for DC, Haiti, or Kenya.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Are people who wants to defund Planned Parenthood anti-women?

    If you believe in a higher power it's sorta impossible to condone abortion. It's that simple. There no give and take.

  5. #35
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Are people who wants to defund Planned Parenthood anti-women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    No, but I think they are misguided to exactly what PP does. Yes they provide abortion services, but that is only 3% of their services, and they provide many great services to poor, and under-privileged women.

    Also, no tax payer money goes to funding abortions anyway, so I don't see the big fuss.
    They are corrupt. (see other posts of mine)

    12% of their total clients get abortions from PP. Over 90% of their pregnent clients get abortions. Call it 3% of services all you want, but it is misleading.
    One lady gets a 30 day prescription for BC 12 times in one year. That's 12 services. she also gets tested for STDs 3 times, and she has a pregnancy test. She has racked up 16 services for that year. A lady comes in for an abortion, she has lab work done, gets prep work done, has the abortion, get prescribed BC . She has racked up 4 services. Add the services together from both women = 20 services. Out of 20 services only 1 was for abortion procedure. Keep doing it that way, or similar,
    for the 324,008 abortions in 2008 and it's no wonder they can come up with that 3% when they claim well over 10,000,000 services in one year. Personally I'm surprised it's not lower.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  6. #36
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Are people who wants to defund Planned Parenthood anti-women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    I didn't think they wanted statehood. Besides, what does that have to do with us funding their abortions? I think when tax payers say they don't want to fund abortions, they mean just that. They don't mean except, for DC, Haiti, or Kenya.
    But taxes don't fund the abortion services PP provides.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  7. #37
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are people who wants to defund Planned Parenthood anti-women?

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    If you believe in a higher power it's sorta impossible to condone abortion. It's that simple. There no give and take.
    What you mean is, "If you believe in the higher power that I believe in, it's sorta impossible to condone abortion." That is an incredibly important condition.

  8. #38
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Are people who wants to defund Planned Parenthood anti-women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    They are corrupt. (see other posts of mine)

    12% of their total clients get abortions from PP. Over 90% of their pregnent clients get abortions. Call it 3% of services all you want, but it is misleading.
    One lady gets a 30 day prescription for BC 12 times in one year. That's 12 services. she also gets tested for STDs 3 times, and she has a pregnancy test. She has racked up 16 services for that year. A lady comes in for an abortion, she has lab work done, gets prep work done, has the abortion, get prescribed BC . She has racked up 4 services. Add the services together from both women = 20 services. Out of 20 services only 1 was for abortion procedure. Keep doing it that way, or similar,
    for the 324,008 abortions in 2008 and it's no wonder they can come up with that 3% when they claim well over 10,000,000 services in one year. Personally I'm surprised it's not lower.
    1. Do you have a source for the highlighted 90% figure.
    2. Just because they're clients come to them for abortion does not make them corrupt.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Are people who wants to defund Planned Parenthood anti-women?

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    What you mean is, "If you believe in the higher power that I believe in, it's sorta impossible to condone abortion." That is an incredibly important condition.
    Oh? there are higher powers who condone abortion? Well I didn't know that,

  10. #40
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Are people who wants to defund Planned Parenthood anti-women?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I have not heard of the GOP proposals to provide something better for women's health services than PP, all I've heard about is their intention to cut funding for woman's health services.

    Do you have a link to this proposal?
    Why do women need a government funded special place to go for healthcare services? (Unless you're hinting that soon no one else will be taking Medicaid and Medicare under Obamacare) Can't all their needs be met through regular healthcare providers? What have I missed out on during my life since I've never once used PP or any kind of "family planning services" for my "reproductive" healthcare? I've been plenty poor too, but have had my share of pap smears and breast examines. Mammograms too, but they aren't provided by PP anyway.
    The sheer number of abortions PP provides is the only thing that sets them apart from other HC providers. If cutting off their funding....

    Oh..crap, I don't know why we are even bothering discussing it. It will not happen as long as Obama is in office. Planned Parenthood helped get him elected and he's not about to let them down now, so close to 2012. They could be found with a thousand born alive babies in their dumpsters instead of one and he still wouldn't budge on their funding.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •