View Poll Results: Should be "pro-choice" renamed to "anti-life"?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    6 15.00%
  • No

    33 82.50%
  • I dunno

    1 2.50%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 107

Thread: Should be "pro-choice" be renamed to "anti-life"?

  1. #1
    Professor
    Alfons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    10-31-17 @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,460

    Should be "pro-choice" be renamed to "anti-life"?

    The opponents of abortion are "pro-life", but to call pro-abortion movement as "pro-choice" is not true and misleading because abortion is a murder, the womans have the right to know that in reality the supporters of abortions are "anti-life",but not fine, nice, fluffy-bunny and politically correct "pro-choice". Do you agree with, please vote.
    Rom 6:23:For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

  2. #2
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Should be "pro-choice" be renamed to "anti-life"?

    Because I'm sure all women seeking abortions go into the doctor's office skipping, planning a celebratory party for afterwards.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  3. #3
    Professor
    Travelsonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,375

    Re: Should be "pro-choice" be renamed to "anti-life"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfons View Post
    The opponents of abortion are "pro-life", but to call pro-abortion movement as "pro-choice" is not true and misleading because abortion is a murder,
    Faulty premise: Assuming it is a solid fact [and not an opinion] that abortion is a murder. What do you call, using that reasoning, forcing a mother to give birth in a case where it kills her?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfons View Post
    the womans have the right to know that in reality the supporters of abortions are "anti-life",but not fine, nice, fluffy-bunny and politically correct "pro-choice".
    Again, opinion =/= fact,. and you'd do well to learn the difference.
    Nationalism in high dosages may be hazardous to your health. Please consult a psychiatrist before beginning a regular regimen, and if feelings of elitism and douchbaggery continue, discontinue immediately before you become unable to do so on your own.

  4. #4
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Should be "pro-choice" be renamed to "anti-life"?

    The correct terminology for both sides should be pro-abortion and anti-abortion.

    Adding things like "choice" and "life" is only meant to emotionalize the debate, because I know of a lot of pro-"choicers" that don't like other choices and a lot of pro-"lifers" that support things like the death penalty and defensive killing.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  5. #5
    Professor
    Alfons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    10-31-17 @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: Should be "pro-choice" be renamed to "anti-life"?

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Because I'm sure all women seeking abortions go into the doctor's office skipping, planning a celebratory party for afterwards.
    A party after a murder?
    Rom 6:23:For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

  6. #6
    Professor
    Alfons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    10-31-17 @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: Should be "pro-choice" be renamed to "anti-life"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Travelsonic View Post
    Faulty premise: Assuming it is a solid fact [and not an opinion] that abortion is a murder. What do you call, using that reasoning, forcing a mother to give birth in a case where it kills her?



    Again, opinion =/= fact,. and you'd do well to learn the difference.
    A murder must be called a murder, an anti-life movement must be defined as anti-life movement, period!
    Rom 6:23:For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

  7. #7
    Advisor Blue Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    01-21-15 @ 06:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    426

    Re: Should be "pro-choice" be renamed to "anti-life"?

    There could be three categories:

    Pro-choice: Women has right to decide to terminate pregnancy.

    Anti-abortion: Women should not terminate pregnancies, but would not have law changed to eliminate the option.

    Anti-choice: Women by law should not get abortions, except mothers life at risk.
    My family is more important than my party.
    -Zell Miller

  8. #8
    Professor
    Alfons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    10-31-17 @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: Should be "pro-choice" be renamed to "anti-life"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    The correct terminology for both sides should be pro-abortion and anti-abortion.

    Adding things like "choice" and "life" is only meant to emotionalize the debate, because I know of a lot of pro-"choicers" that don't like other choices and a lot of pro-"lifers" that support things like the death penalty and defensive killing.
    Maybe you are right, I am agree with you, the definition pro-abortion is more true as pro-choice.
    Rom 6:23:For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

  9. #9
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Should be "pro-choice" be renamed to "anti-life"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    The correct terminology for both sides should be pro-abortion and anti-abortion.

    Adding things like "choice" and "life" is only meant to emotionalize the debate, because I know of a lot of pro-"choicers" that don't like other choices and a lot of pro-"lifers" that support things like the death penalty and defensive killing.
    Bout sums it up for me Harry

  10. #10
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    07-15-12 @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    255

    Re: Should be "pro-choice" be renamed to "anti-life"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfons View Post
    A murder must be called a murder, an anti-life movement must be defined as anti-life movement, period!
    So in the previous example of "forcing a mother to give birth in a case where it kills her?" If the mother dies, is the baby a murderer. Should we put the baby in jail for murdering her own mother? I wont even go into the difference between a fetus becomes a baby and my opinion on when one becomes the other, but I don't think the government should decide what a woman can do to her own body.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •