View Poll Results: Should be "pro-choice" renamed to "anti-life"?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    6 15.00%
  • No

    33 82.50%
  • I dunno

    1 2.50%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 107

Thread: Should be "pro-choice" be renamed to "anti-life"?

  1. #51
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Should be "pro-choice" be renamed to "anti-life"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    It is no less inaccurate because of the varied beliefs behind the abortion issue.

    No matter which of the labels I use, both mine and yours, neither are adequate to explain my position behind it.
    I disagree, but even if that is true, I will use the label that I believe best describes my position, not the one that someone else chooses that does NOT best describe my position. Pro-choice best decribes where I stand, currently. Pro-abortion does not.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #52
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,342
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should be "pro-choice" be renamed to "anti-life"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    But what if you think abortion should be a legal privilege and not a legal right?
    It's more of a utilitarian aspect but still valid.
    It amounts to the same thing in practice.

    Also, seeing abortion "rights" adds another emotional aspect behind the termonology because many believe that the "right" to abortion was falsely found.
    I don't think the term "rights" adds an emotional impact. The debate largely centers on whether the interpretation of a right to privacy and that allowing abortion is a valid interpretation.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #53
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Should be "pro-choice" be renamed to "anti-life"?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I disagree, but even if that is true, I will use the label that I believe best describes my position, not the one that someone else chooses that does NOT best describe my position. Pro-choice best decribes where I stand, currently. Pro-abortion does not.
    That's fine, I'm just trying to be difficult anyway.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  4. #54
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Should be "pro-choice" be renamed to "anti-life"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    In full disclosure, debating for me is a sport and I like to give Redress hell.
    Funny. I feel the same way about you.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #55
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: Should be "pro-choice" be renamed to "anti-life"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    That's fine, I'm just trying to be difficult anyway.
    Read post #54.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #56
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,342
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should be "pro-choice" be renamed to "anti-life"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    In full disclosure, debating for me is a sport and I like to give Redress hell.
    What HG said is accurate and we are having a good natured debate. We would still go out for a beer later if we where neighbors.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #57
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Should be "pro-choice" be renamed to "anti-life"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfons View Post
    The opponents of abortion are "pro-life", but to call pro-abortion movement as "pro-choice" is not true and misleading because abortion is a murder, the womans have the right to know that in reality the supporters of abortions are "anti-life",but not fine, nice, fluffy-bunny and politically correct "pro-choice". Do you agree with, please vote.
    I believe women have certain reproductive rights defined by Roe v. Wade. I am not pro-abortion. I would describe myself as pro (advocate for) life, I could never recommend that a pregnant seek an abortion. I also believe those people who call themselves pro-life are not pro-life at all, they are pro birth. They would rather see a woman dying a horrible death at her own hands or the hands of a whack job abortionist. Also, I don't believe these people give a crap about the baby's life after it is born.


  8. #58
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Should be "pro-choice" be renamed to "anti-life"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It amounts to the same thing in practice.
    Possibly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I don't think the term "rights" adds an emotional impact. The debate largely centers on whether the interpretation of a right to privacy and that allowing abortion is a valid interpretation.
    Bleh the whole discussion always devolves to emotion anyway.
    From FFs said this to supreme court says that, to "your morals are bankrupt" stuff.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  9. #59
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Should be "pro-choice" be renamed to "anti-life"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    What HG said is accurate and we are having a good natured debate. We would still go out for a beer later if we where neighbors.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Funny. I feel the same way about you.
    Which may or may not be odd because I feel most similar to you 2, than any other in the same political ideology as I.

    <3
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  10. #60
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,342
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should be "pro-choice" be renamed to "anti-life"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Possibly.



    Bleh the whole discussion always devolves to emotion anyway.
    From FFs said this to supreme court says that, to "your morals are bankrupt" stuff.
    I had a skipper in the navy, bright guy, and his comment one day on the topic that is largely true: "it all boils down to at what point does it go from being a mass of cells that are part of a woman, to being a person with rights. Carried to an extreme, I have a sock under my rack that is full of millions of dead babies."
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •