View Poll Results: Do you agree with Obama?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I agree.

    39 32.77%
  • No, I disagree.

    80 67.23%
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 305

Thread: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social programs?

  1. #281
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    some of our liberals are experts at that as well.
    I would agree with that.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #282
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    You're evidence is a document whose words can be interpreted to support almost any argument for government?
    well that is the view of those who support the FDR precedent

    not mine



  3. #283
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    How often do I do that?
    you are actually one of the more honest lefties



  4. #284
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    The gov is the biggest entity in our country with most the money. So explain to me how the hell they not suppose to help create jobs and industry growth in our country? Plus they are like the biggest single employer in the USA??

    So you will not convince me ever they are not suppose to create jobs. I am really confused at people telling me they are not suppose to play a role in our economic and workforce development
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  5. #285
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    BTW, there is no fake moral outrage here with me as I do really find it disgusting when people do not wish to help the poor and I do really find it disgusting to make fun of children dying. That is really in my heart.
    I think we ought to help the poor as well. However, I think that there is a limit to what the government, especially the federal government, ought to do to help them. They ought to help themselves, and more often than not the problem is with the poor not taking advantage of the help that is already being offered. I do not think we should expand our government help when they don't take advantage of it. That is throwing good money away, when we cannot afford it.

    More than anything, making appeals to emotion because some poor innocent kids get killed in the inner city. tragic as that is, is blackmail and no good justification for more government assistance. You are quite lame for using said tactics, like folks that object to more government spending don't care about the children.

    There is one thing the government could positively do to help protect the innocent in such neighborhoods, that I fully support. Legalize drugs and eliminate, or at least severely cripple by removing the revenue stream, of organized crime.

  6. #286
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    I think we ought to help the poor as well. However, I think that there is a limit to what the government, especially the federal government, ought to do to help them. They ought to help themselves, and more often than not the problem is with the poor not taking advantage of the help that is already being offered. I do not think we should expand our government help when they don't take advantage of it. That is throwing good money away, when we cannot afford it.

    More than anything, making appeals to emotion because some poor innocent kids get killed in the inner city. tragic as that is, is blackmail and no good justification for more government assistance. You are quite lame for using said tactics, like folks that object to more government spending don't care about the children.

    There is one thing the government could positively do to help protect the innocent in such neighborhoods, that I fully support. Legalize drugs and eliminate, or at least severely cripple by removing the revenue stream, of organized crime.
    There is nothing lame about the truth. Kids are getting killed in the hood and we need to help them get out. Period. Point. BLANK.

    We need to expand or create more programs that help people AWARE of the help that is out here. If it is out here and the social workers, gov. etc. are not doing their job to get the word out about these programs? Of course they are going to be a failure and you cannot blame this on the poor folks. Blame people for not doing their damn jobs by telling these folks about these programs.

    Do you really expect some homeless person on the street to know about all these special programs out here? How the hell are they gonna know if they are not told about them? There is no special government assistance Batman Call System that goes out and zaps this stuff into their brains. They have to be told about them and helped in understanding them and helped in getting signed up for them.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  7. #287
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-17-11 @ 12:53 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    [I]“‘There but for the grace of God go I,’ we say to ourselves, and so we contribute to programs like Medicare and Social Security, which guarantee us health care and a measure of basic income after a lifetime of hard work; unemployment insurance, which protects us against unexpected job loss; and Medicaid, which provides care for millions of seniors in nursing homes, poor children, and those with disabilities,” Obama said. “We are a better country because of these commitments. I’ll go further – we would not be a great country without those commitments.”[/I]

    Do you agree that we wouldn't be a great country without SS, Medicare and Medicaid?
    You are a bit confused on what Obama is carrying out. Obama WANTS to cut social services, and has cut social services. He has also broken up unions, regardless of what the liberal media is telling you.

  8. #288
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    The gov is the biggest entity in our country with most the money. So explain to me how the hell they not suppose to help create jobs and industry growth in our country?
    because none of that money is theirs. they had to take it away from somewhere where it was being productive.

    not only does government spending not add jobs to the economy, it actually destroys them due to this disparity. the stimulus spending is an overused, but perfect example; the government took $250,000 out of the economy to create a job.... but left to the private market, that $250,000 would have been used to create five jobs. net loss - 4 jobs.

  9. #289
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    There is nothing lame about the truth. Kids are getting killed in the hood and we need to help them get out. Period. Point. BLANK.
    3/4ths of child poverty can be solved instantaneously through the simple mechanism of having their mothers marry their fathers.

    We need to expand or create more programs that help people AWARE of the help that is out here. If it is out here and the social workers, gov. etc. are not doing their job to get the word out about these programs
    no. but their case-load is large. however, the WRO's were generally successful and worked themselves out of jobs decades ago. what we were left were "community organization" groups who seek to further liberalize benefits in order to make up for the fact that current benefits are nearly fully utilized (gotta find a way to put dues in those coffers).

    the problem isn't that the programs aren't being utilized. more people are on food stamps than at any point in our history. the problem is that the programs provide incentives for people to engage in self-destructive behavior.

    Do you really expect some homeless person on the street to know about all these special programs out here? How the hell are they gonna know if they are not told about them? There is no special government assistance Batman Call System that goes out and zaps this stuff into their brains.
    actually the government contracts with multiple organizations to achieve this function.

  10. #290
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by MARCLANGEFELD View Post
    You are a bit confused on what Obama is carrying out. Obama WANTS to cut social services, and has cut social services. He has also broken up unions, regardless of what the liberal media is telling you.
    now that i would like to see some backing for.

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •