View Poll Results: Do you agree with Obama?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I agree.

    39 32.77%
  • No, I disagree.

    80 67.23%
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 305

Thread: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social programs?

  1. #271
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Check the Constitution sometime-that would answer your silly questions
    You're evidence is a document whose words can be interpreted to support almost any argument for government?

  2. #272
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Get used to it. It's a weak debate tactic. Respond to what you WANT your opponent to say or believe rather than what he/she ACTUALLY says or believes. Remember, when you talk to yourself, you can always respond, perfectly. Some of our conservatives seem to do this a lot.
    some of our liberals are experts at that as well.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  3. #273
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    just as most liberals tell us false reasons for what they believe?
    How often do I do that?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #274
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Mellie, you have not answered my question yet: Why did you make the title of this thread so completely dishonest?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #275
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,525

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    You're evidence is a document whose words can be interpreted to support almost any argument for government?
    Unless you use a law dictionary from the 1800's. They are available and it becomes increasingly clear why certain hacks want to "reinterpret" it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #276
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    I was making fun of you, Kali, because you seem to think the government ought to do something about drive by shootings, because they hurt educational standards in the inner city??



    faux moral outrage
    So you were being a troll by making fun of a fellow poster? That is what the basement is for

    BTW, there is no fake moral outrage here with me as I do really find it disgusting when people do not wish to help the poor and I do really find it disgusting to make fun of children dying. That is really in my heart.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  7. #277
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayor Snorkum View Post
    It is not the government's job to create employment. It's the government's job to engender an atmosphere of stability and the assurance that people who put their money at risk creating new businesses and expanding old businesses will not be robbed by either their fellow citizens or their government. President Obama and his Democrats believe firmly that people who create wealth are evil (unless they donate generously to their re-election campaigns) and should be deprived of their wealth.

    No one is attacking you for your desire to help poor people.

    You're being attacked for your desire to use someone else's money to supposedly help the poor.
    It is not others peoples money and as a taxpayer it is just as much MY money as it yours! And all these other haters of the poor.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  8. #278
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Since when is it not the government's job to create employment? If that is true then why do they always make it a big point when running for office? That they will create more jobs? What about all the blue collar jobs Obama has helped to create?
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  9. #279
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    You're evidence is a document whose words can be interpreted to support almost any argument for government?
    Well what did you expect from a so called lawyer?
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  10. #280
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,935

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Check the Constitution sometime-that would answer your silly questions
    Thank you.

    I did.

    There is nothing there to support your boast or claim or allegation or statement of ideological belief.

    Try again and be specific... if you can please.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •