View Poll Results: Do you agree with Obama?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I agree.

    39 32.77%
  • No, I disagree.

    80 67.23%
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 305

Thread: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social programs?

  1. #241
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    some do but most do not.
    I don't agree, but I think it depends on the issue. Thing is, most people, from my experience, who make claims about what the other side believe, do so because of their own biases, not because of what the other side believes. Listen and interpret. It is true that people don't always say what they mean, but they also don't always say what you want them to mean.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #242
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I don't agree, but I think it depends on the issue. Thing is, most people, from my experience, who make claims about what the other side believe, do so because of their own biases, not because of what the other side believes. Listen and interpret. It is true that people don't always say what they mean, but they also don't always say what you want them to mean.
    I think most politicians who say things that are clearly contrary to fact do so not because they are stupid or ignorant but rather because their true motivations would cost them votes

    saying you want to ban guns to stop crime is a convenient facade that sheeple might believe while saying you want to ban guns to punish voters who tend to vote against your party or to cover up your coddling of criminals is not a winning admission

    same with saying you want higher taxes on the rich so you can claim there are ways of paying for handouts needed to buy the votes of your supporters is honest but not politically viable.



  3. #243
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I think most politicians who say things that are clearly contrary to fact do so not because they are stupid or ignorant but rather because their true motivations would cost them votes
    Facts are funny things, though. It's kinda like saying socialism is a failed economic system. Not true. Under the absolutely perfect circumstance, socialism would work. Now, we know that in practice, this would not be possible, but fact is, theoretically, it would. Theoretically, if we were able to eliminate every gun on earth, and every factory that had the ability to produce guns, gun crime would be reduced to zero. Now, is this feasible? No... someone will want a gun and figure out how to manufacture one, so there goes utopia.

    saying you want to ban guns to stop crime is a convenient facade that sheeple might believe while saying you want to ban guns to punish voters who tend to vote against your party or to cover up your coddling of criminals is not a winning admission
    Nah, I don't think most politicians are this smart. They believe that banning guns will reduce crime. They are correct... however, they would need to ban the guns from criminals, not law-abiding citizens, something that I have yet to see a gun law really address.

    same with saying you want higher taxes on the rich so you can claim there are ways of paying for handouts needed to buy the votes of your supporters is honest but not politically viable.
    We've discussed this. You know that I see your position on this as totally absurd and illogical. The position of having the rich pay a higher percentage of taxes is completely logical. Doesn't mean it is correct. Some politicians present this because they see it as logical. Some present it to get votes, solely. Arguing that you absoltuely know the motivation of another is silly, turtle.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #244
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Waxahachie Texas
    Last Seen
    04-21-11 @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    I respectfully disagree with the President. His belief that federal government programs define compassion and, thus, the
    greatness of America, is misplaced. It reminds of the occasion when President Clinton defined the role of government in a way which asserted, "government gives us the tools to make the most out of our lives", which fits with the view of his wife that the "village" necessary for raising kids demands a powerful central government.
    It is true that the visions of President Obama and the vision of persons like me are too different to reconcile, even though more conservatives than most non-conservatives wish the nation was not alienated over politics.
    We need to be a nation that cares deeply about each other, and helps each other, in order to live out our destiny. Some of us honestly believe that overbearing, bankruptcy threatening, centralized government actually UNDERMINES the greater ability to lift up every citizen to the highest potential possible!
    God bless, both those who agree with the President and others, so long as you try to do right by your families!
    Paul Richard Strange Sr
    dadprs@hotmail.com
    Waxahachie Texas 75165

  5. #245
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    anyone who has a machine tool can make a gun so your analogy fails.

    and I reject your position on taxes. I think most rich dems who push that argument do it to buy votes.
    sadly we cannot hook all of them up to jumper cables and get the truth

    so we will agree to disagree on this. I actually think most politicians are smart and dishonest. of course Jim bunning, Maxine waters and a few others are dumber than dog poop



  6. #246
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Oh I certainly won't call them Amazing. You get what you pay for...they are sufficient, though, to get anyone out of the hood that wants to get out.
    It is not that simple and that is not true. Tell that to the parents of loved ones that lose kids daily over drive by shootings. Those kids are not getting out of anywhere but out of the hood in coffins.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  7. #247
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    No you're not. You're trying to find reasons other than welfare to blame on the perpetuation of poverty. If our social programs work so well, why are there still poor Americans?
    Because we are not doing enough to help that is why. Not to mention we can make folks on welfare do jobtraining but if there are no jobs? Of course they will stay poor.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  8. #248
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    anyone who has a machine tool can make a gun so your analogy fails.
    Actually, I said something like that, so you just supported my analogy. Thank you.

    and I reject your position on taxes. I think most rich dems who push that argument do it to buy votes.
    sadly we cannot hook all of them up to jumper cables and get the truth
    We've argued this lots. I completely disagree with your position on this, and unlike gun issues, I have seen nothing that you have said on it that compells me to think any differently. You are correct. We must agree to disagree.

    so we will agree to disagree on this. I actually think most politicians are smart and dishonest. of course Jim bunning, Maxine waters and a few others are dumber than dog poop
    I think most politicians are narrow-minded, ignorant, and dishonest.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #249
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    It is not that simple and that is not true. Tell that to the parents of loved ones that lose kids daily over drive by shootings. Those kids are not getting out of anywhere but out of the hood in coffins.
    So, I am confused. Are you suggesting we start ANOTHER federal entitlement program to supply coffins to the needy?

  10. #250
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,701

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Actually, I said something like that, so you just supported my analogy. Thank you.



    We've argued this lots. I completely disagree with your position on this, and unlike gun issues, I have seen nothing that you have said on it that compells me to think any differently. You are correct. We must agree to disagree.



    I think most politicians are narrow-minded, ignorant, and dishonest.
    damn I agree with you on your last post

    (reminds me of Cardinal Ximinez)



Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •