View Poll Results: Do you agree with Obama?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I agree.

    39 32.77%
  • No, I disagree.

    80 67.23%
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 305

Thread: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social programs?

  1. #231
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    I love watching conservatives tell liberals what they believe. As always, they get it wrong.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #232
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,709

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I love watching conservatives tell liberals what they believe. As always, they get it wrong.
    just as most liberals tell us false reasons for what they believe?



  3. #233
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I wonder if there was a law that those on welfare could not vote would the dems try so hard to keep so many people dependent on the government
    I couldn't go along with that. However, if we had a fair tax, poor people wouldn't be able to vote for the candidates most likely to raise taxes on others to benefit themselves.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  4. #234
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I love watching conservatives tell liberals what they believe. As always, they get it wrong.
    I've seen so many threads that just turn into conversations between conservatives about what liberals "really" believe. I like to watch.

  5. #235
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    just as most liberals tell us false reasons for what they believe?
    It seems important for you to believe that... or else you might actually have to discuss what people say, rather than what you want them to say

    Btw, you just proved Redress correct.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #236
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I've seen so many threads that just turn into conversations between conservatives about what liberals "really" believe. I like to watch.
    Get used to it. It's a weak debate tactic. Respond to what you WANT your opponent to say or believe rather than what he/she ACTUALLY says or believes. Remember, when you talk to yourself, you can always respond, perfectly. Some of our conservatives seem to do this a lot.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #237
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,709

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    I couldn't go along with that. However, if we had a fair tax, poor people wouldn't be able to vote for the candidates most likely to raise taxes on others to benefit themselves.
    that works for me

    anything that prevents politicians from buying the votes of the many by taking from those who pay most of the taxes

    people should not be able to vote themselves the wealth of others when they have not contributed to the pot



  8. #238
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,709

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    It seems important for you to believe that... or else you might actually have to discuss what people say, rather than what you want them to say

    Btw, you just proved Redress correct.
    really captain

    so tell me

    when liberal politicians say they want to ban or restrict guns to prevent crime do you think they really believe that--or do they have other reasons

    when they say the rich don't pay their fair share of taxes do they say that to appeal to class envy or because they really believe that

    and to throw you a bone-when many conservatives say they are against abortion because it ends innocent life I think they say that because its far more wholesome than saying they want to punish women for engaging in sex outside of marriage



  9. #239
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    really captain

    so tell me

    when liberal politicians say they want to ban or restrict guns to prevent crime do you think they really believe that--or do they have other reasons
    I think some really believe that. And I think many of those who would say that are either stupid, uneducated on the issue, or naively idealistic.

    when they say the rich don't pay their fair share of taxes do they say that to appeal to class envy or because they really believe that
    Again, some really believe that. Doesn't mean they are correct.

    Turtle, you can't paint this stuff with broad strokes, which is what you tend to do. You are not a mind-reader. People have different motivations for things... sometimes different people have different motivations for the same things.

    and to throw you a bone-when many conservatives say they are against abortion because it ends innocent life I think they say that because its far more wholesome than saying they want to punish women for engaging in sex outside of marriage
    And I think that some believe it is because they truly believe that abortion ends an innocent life.

    Wow... and you've called ME cynical in the past.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #240
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,709

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    some do but most do not.



Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •