View Poll Results: Do you agree with Obama?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I agree.

    39 32.77%
  • No, I disagree.

    80 67.23%
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 305

Thread: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social programs?

  1. #191
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    I've been proud of my country my entire life. Sometimes less proud than others, but it's always been there. It didn't start at a certain point in my adult life.
    Not what I asked you. I asked where does pride stem from. Some believe that we must have pride no matter what, as it is the sense of it being us and nothing else. Others believe that pride comes in what we do and not just by being. Remember those efforts to build children's self esttem by praising them constantly? Some see this is how we should be proud of our nation, praise it constantly or you don't love it, or have pride in it.

    So, to recap, the question is where does pride stem from?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #192
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,356

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    If our social programs work so well, why are there still poor Americans?
    Because people grow up seeing that they can get what they need to survive without much effort along with believing there is no other way to survive.


  3. #193
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:56 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,294
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Mellie, since you are here again, I want to repeat my question from earlier: Is the question whether we agree with the comments Obama made, or is the question do we think America would be great without social programs, which is not what Obama said in your quote? Also, did Obama say what you attribute to him in the title, or is it intentionally misleading?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #194
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,356

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Mellie, since you are here again, I want to repeat my question from earlier: Is the question whether we agree with the comments Obama made, or is the question do we think America would be great without social programs, which is not what Obama said in your quote? Also, did Obama say what you attribute to him in the title, or is it intentionally misleading?
    "Do you agree with what Obama said?"

    The title is not misleading.


  5. #195
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,356

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    It would be really awesome if people weren't allowed to jack with the poll results.


  6. #196
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:56 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,294
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    "Do you agree with what Obama said?"

    The title is not misleading.
    Title of the thread, cut and pasted so there is no mistake:

    Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social programs?
    This is not what Obama said in the quote you posted. Unless he said something else I am not aware of, the thread title is dishonest.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #197
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:56 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,294
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    It would be really awesome if people weren't allowed to jack with the poll results.
    I count the total among members at 27 yes, 25 no, and pretty much no surprises in who voted for which.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #198
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I count the total among members at 27 yes, 25 no, and pretty much no surprises in who voted for which.
    Right down partisan lines as usual.

    Nothing against you Red.

    I am so sick of partisan politics in this country, nothing but a bunch of bleating sheep marching lock step with their masters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #199
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Right down partisan lines as usual.

    Nothing against you Red.

    I am so sick of partisan politics in this country, nothing but a bunch of bleating sheep marching lock step with their masters.
    I am not a sheep, I have valid numerical reasons for not supporting them!!
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  10. #200
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:56 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,294
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you agree with Obama that we wouldn't be a great country without social progra

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Right down partisan lines as usual.

    Nothing against you Red.

    I am so sick of partisan politics in this country, nothing but a bunch of bleating sheep marching lock step with their masters.
    There are times when I don't disagree with the above sentiment, however this is not one of them. To me, this topic is what defines liberal and conservative.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •