View Poll Results: What is the Tea Party to America?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good!

    42 48.84%
  • Good but Looney

    6 6.98%
  • Neutral.... no harm and no good

    2 2.33%
  • Negative and Looney

    24 27.91%
  • Flat out Disgusting!

    2 2.33%
  • People that are Very secure financially that dont understand reality!

    5 5.81%
  • I make love to the Papaya!

    5 5.81%
Page 66 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 802

Thread: The Tea Party Is.....

  1. #651
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Here is a list of things that most certainly identifies most of your views are conservative, some in the extreme. Collectively, they place you firmly on the far right wing of American politics.

    Anyone who desires, including yourself, can do a search of past threads and get your own words. Quite frankly, its not worth my time to do so and in the end you simply deny it anyway. We went round and round on this with the Obama mockery MESIAH thread that you started and even when I reproduced your own posts word for word or privided links, you tried to weasal out of your own statements.

    so you won't prove your libel. noted.


    Here are isues where you fall firmly on the right wing

    And to you all right wingers are extremist.

    - Almost any issue involving African Americans from old civil rights laws to affirmative action to ripping into African American politicians whenever you get the chance

    Really? Seriously? you lie again, did I not just talk about corey ****ing booker you left wing hack? Seriously, your accusations of racism are childish and full of ****, you really should show some integrity.

    You fail right out of the gate.

    - Abortion and a womens right to decide her own reproductive processes
    I believe its a science and liberty issue, If you believe a woman has a right to late term infacticide, that does not make me the "extremist"


    - Unions and the rights of unionized workers

    Libertarian view.


    - Guns and gun owner rights and government laws involving them
    Libertarian view.

    - Economics and the issues impacting common working people
    Libertarian view. but your example is a loaded statement, perhaps you have some quotes.


    You fail so miserably.



    - President Obama and your eagerness to attack him at the drop of a hat on the vast majority of things he does

    I praise him when he does things I support, and have done so in the past. On numerous occasions. Another lie on your part.


    -Public education and teachers
    Oh right the union apologist want tenured teachers who suck to keep thier jobs how "extremist" of me...

    Merit pay, is a libertarian view.



    - Your loud and vocal support for right wing conservative politicians and the media which supports and backs them

    Like who?


    - Your loud and vocal criticism approaching vitriol and outright hatred of liberal politicians and the media which may support them

    You mean like Corey Booker? How about Eliot spitzer, both of which I think are doing excellent jobs. both are left wing democrats.


    You and the truth, never together.....




    And if all that is not enough, you exhibit a mean spiritedness towards all things liberal or progressive that borders on the pathological. Its like some clown attacked you as a small child with the word LIBERAL stamped on his chest and traumatized you forever. Its downright disturbing at times the extremes you go to in attacking liberals, progressives and almost anyone not on the far right with you.

    this is another lie. you made up all sorts of nonsense and use it to call me an extreme right winger. To you all those not lock step with your unionist marxist ideals are "right wing extremists".

    You have provided no examples, this is expected.



    Of course, none of this will do any good. You want to be a extremist and far rightwinger but for some reason known only to you prefer not to be thought of as such. Well kiss that hope goodbye since people here have already identified you as a right winger and your views as extremist.

    And perhaps you can fill us in on that reason.... why do you run from the label of being on the right?


    So tell me about how being against DADT, DOMA, Corporate welfare, against the USDA calling "pink slime" food, and letting say beef corp not include amoniasized beef trimmings in beef (that was bush), against the drug war, supports flat tax or a consumption tax, are "extreme right wing views". I've asked you this before, and you run scared never addressing it, showing it is you who is the close minded far left extremist, partisan hack..



    again, name 5 right wingers on DP who are not "extreme".


    You wont. we know. so just keep on trucking.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #652
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    The second sentence in your quote from Barbbtx ends with "noticed".

    That was the sentence I was referrng to.

    Obviously links won't prove anything to you as you only see what you want to see.

    Sheesh!

    Oh I see, my bad. I misunderstood your post.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #653
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Could you please tell me what views specifically you feel constitute the following individuals as extremists:

    Pat Toomey
    Mike Lee
    Nikki Haley
    Mo Brooks
    Ron Johnson
    Marco Rubio
    Kristi Noem

    For a group that was "extreme across the board" it shouldn't be hard to tell us specifically why you feel a good handle of them I just listed aren't extreme.

    If you want to concede that those aren't extreme, you could list me the ones you do think are extreme and see if your lists and what I can generate seems to suggest extremism "across the board" of their candidates.
    Pat Toomey:

    Voted YES on Constitutional Amendment banning same-sex marriage. (Sep 2004)
    Voted YES on protecting the Pledge of Allegiance. (Sep 2004)
    Voted YES on constitutional amendment prohibiting flag desecration. (Jun 2003)
    Voted YES on Constitutional amendment prohibiting Flag Desecration. (Jul 2001)
    Voted YES on banning gay adoptions in DC. (Jul 1999)
    Voted YES on Amendment to prohibit burning the US flag. (Jun 1999)
    Supports anti-flag desecration amendment. (Mar 2001)
    Rated 13% by the ACLU, indicating an anti-civil rights voting record. (Dec 2002)

    Pat Toomey on the Issues


    True, Toomey does not have quite the same propensity for wackjob commentary, though he did lead the Club for Growth, a far-right organization with its own track record of opposing moderate so-called RINOS (Republicans In Name Only).

    Read more: Just How Extreme Is Pat Toomey? | News and Opinion | Philadelphia Weekly

    Mike Lee:

    On CNN’s "State of the Union with Candy Crowley," Republican Sen. Mike Lee of Utah perpetuated a falsehood about gun ownership and lower murder rates.

    More Guns, Fewer Murders? | FactCheck.org

    Newly minted Republican Sen. Mike Lee of Utah said in a lecture posted to his YouTube channel that Congressional laws banning child labor are forbidden by the US Constitution.

    GOP senator: Federal ban on child labor is unconstitutional | The Raw Story

    Mo Brooks, just thinking this way is extreme:

    Committee who wrote ObamaCare doesn't understand it. (Nov 2010)
    Opposes government-run healthcare. (Aug 2010)
    Repeal any federal health care takeover. (Jul 2010)
    Remove all funding from the 2010 national healthcare law. (Jan 2011)

    Mo Brooks on the Issues

    Ron johnson:

    The science of global warming is not settled. (Aug 2010)
    (this actually says it all)

    Social Security is a giant Ponzi scheme. (Aug 2010)

    Ron Johnson on the Issues

    The entire socialism hyperbole is extreme in and of itself.

    You might also check this out as it mentions a couple on your list:

    Mitchell Bard: The Tea Party All-Stars: The Worst of Extreme GOP Midterm Candidates

    And let's not forget Michele Bachmann either.
    Kristi Noem seems like a blank slate in trying to find her positions.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #654
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,590

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Rev- Again, you keep calling me out and challenging me and then you will complain about it.

    The libertarian view and the extremist right wing view is usually the same difference between a half dozen and six.

    You are the personification of the right wing extremist who tries very very hard to remove the discussion of the word RACISM from the political lexicon. Its a intentional tactic undertaken by right wing extremists to insulate themselves from criticism from their own racist views and actions.

    I already reminded you of when I did go through the trouble on your Obama as Messiah thread when you said you do not call Obama names. I gave you the very thread that YOU started, that you ran mocking pictures of Obama in, that you invited yoru fellow right wing zealots to do the same.... and was that good enough for you? NOPE. you still denied the reality that was right in front of your face.

    And now you do like many libertarians who tell us about a few minor issues on which they are not on the far right and pretend that it is those issues that define them. Sorry but that reminds me of the German soldier who brags that he once save a prisoner at a concentration camp he worked at and we should now honor him with a freakin medal. Sorry, but I cannot find a violin small enough to show my sympathy for you on those issues.

    Do you really think that you can bring up the exceptions to your right wing extremism and it is those few exceptions which define you rather than the majority of your actions and opinions? That is foolish in the extreme. And one thing you point to as evidence of your progressivity on some issues is support for the flat tax? Gimme a break. That ruse is a rich mans effort to transfer more of the tax burden from the rich to everyone else.

    The real struggle of our time is economic issues and the desire of the far right to remove government from helping the common man. They would put us on a Road to Serfdom enabled by government withdrawing from most of life and turning this nation over to corporations, corporatists and the business community who serve only the wealthy. That is the struggle of this age and all the stuff about don't ask and other social stuff is just fluff and lipstick on the pig. The radical right in this country will gladly trade social issues for economic issues and you are a perfect example of that. Thank you for making that point.

    So keep your phony whine about libel and keep your phony whine about a liar and keep your feigned outrage because you have demonstrated you have no integrity when you make these challenges and charges and you only engge in them as pure theater and smoke and mirrors distractions.
    Last edited by haymarket; 04-13-11 at 03:35 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #655
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    The re-branding of the GOP after the 2008 election.

    Angry, frustrated middle income people with limited critical thinking skills and deep-seeded bigoted ideas... all ginned up by ideologues and demagoguery.

    Fear, paranoia, and ignorance run riot.

    /thread
    Wanting to return to the constitution and a limited government is fear, paranoia, and ignorance run riot? Sure....it is.
    What are democrats trying to rebrand themselves as?
    I recall homeland security trying to tie extreme right wing millitias, white supremacy groups, to the tea party. Big FAIL on their part. Where was HLS when this rally was going on? Looking the other way?

    One Nation Working Together Rally - Socialists Unite | Sad Hill News
    Organizing for America, President Barack Obama’s permanent campaign wing, has endorsed the ‘One Nation Working Together’ rally to be held on the National Mall at the Lincoln Memorial this Saturday, October 2, 2010.
    Anticipating “the biggest progressive demonstration in decades” are labor unions and some 300 liberal activist groups, including; the Communist Party USA, Democratic Socialists of America, AFL-CIO, Teamsters, SEIU, NAACP, ANSWER, Code Pink (ties to Hamas and other terrorist groups), National Council of La Raza (‘The Race’), National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, Queers for Economic Justice, Service Employees International Union, Rainbow Push Coalition, American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, American Federation of Teachers, and the Campaign for America’s Future
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  6. #656
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,937

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Pat Toomey:
    Why the post about what he supported. Are you suggesting someone is "extreme" simply for being agaisnt same-sex marriage? Someone is "extreme" for voting for the amendment about flag desecration. If the ACLU give syou a low score you're "extreme"?

    Or he's "extreme" because he leads a conservative organization? Or he's "extreme" because he opposes moderates? This is "extreme" right wing to you?

    Mike Lee:
    So Mike Lee suggests something that is widely disputed with both sides producing various facts that gun ownership leads to less violence and that's "extreme" to you?

    Mo Brooks, just thinking this way is extreme:
    Gotcha. So thinking that congressman at times don't bother to understand the policy their committee is wrigin is "extreme". So you fully believe everyone on the committee that wrote the patriot act fully understood it and voted on it with full understanding of it? You apparently think being against government run health care is "extreme"?

    Ron johnson:
    Gotcha, disagreeing with the notion of man made global warming is "extreme".

    Kristi Noem seems like a blank slate in trying to find her positions.
    So...nothing? Or on Rubio. Or on Harris.

    Well thank you Boo. You just basically proved exactly what I figured and what I imagine most others had figured.

    "Extreme" to you is anyone that holds right wing views. Not "extreme" right wing views, but just any.

    Anyone that doesn't agree with man made global warming as a definitive fact? EXTREME!
    Anyone that doesn't want to allow gay marriage? EXTREME!
    Anyone that is against government ran health care? EXTREME!
    Anyone belonging to a non-moderate Republican group? EXTREME!
    Anyone the ACLU ranks low? EXTREME!

    Well...its clear then that yes, the tea party is extreme in the context that you seem to see the world Boo. Which appears to be you're either liberal, moderate, OR EXTREEMEEEEEE!

    Its good to have utter confirmation to laugh and ignore your posts everytime you talk about "extremism"

  7. #657
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Rev- Again, you keep calling me out and challenging me and then you will complain about it.

    The libertarian view and the extremist right wing view is usually the same difference between a half dozen and six.

    You are the personification of the right wing extremist who tries very very hard to remove the discussion of the word RACISM from the political lexicon. Its a intentional tactic undertaken by right wing extremists to insulate themselves from criticism from their own racist views and actions.

    I already reminded you of when I did go through the trouble on your Obama as Messiah thread when you said you do not call Obama names. I gave you the very thread that YOU started, that you ran mocking pictures of Obama in, that you invited yoru fellow right wing zealots to do the same.... and was that good enough for you? NOPE. you still denied the reality that was right in front of your face.

    And now you do like many libertarians who tell us about a few minor issues on which they are not on the far right and pretend that it is those issues that define them. Sorry but that reminds me of the German soldier who brags that he once save a prisoner at a concentration camp he worked at and we should now honor him with a freakin medal. Sorry, but I cannot find a violin small enough to show my sympathy for you on those issues.

    Do you really think that you can bring up the exceptions to your right wing extremism and it is those few exceptions which define you rather than the majority of your actions and opinions? That is foolish in the extreme. And one thing you point to as evidence of your progressivity on some issues is support for the flat tax? Gimme a break. That ruse is a rich mans effort to transfer more of the tax burden from the rich to everyone else.

    The real struggle of our time is economic issues and the desire of the far right to remove government from helping the common man. They would put us on a Road to Serfdom enabled by government withdrawing from most of life and turning this nation over to corporations, corporatists and the business community who serve only the wealthy. That is the struggle of this age and all the stuff about don't ask and other social stuff is just fluff and lipstick on the pig. The radical right in this country will gladly trade social issues for economic issues and you are a perfect example of that. Thank you for making that point.

    So keep your phony whine about libel and keep your phony whine about a liar and keep your feigned outrage because you have demonstrated you have no integrity when you make these challenges and charges and you only engge in them as pure theater and smoke and mirrors distractions.



    Look dood, I've already exposed you for the left wing extremist partisan hack you are. Your whining and excuse making for your behavior bores me. Your lies, exposed.


    Will you be naming 5 right wingers here on DP you think are not "Extreme" or is everyone on the right, "extreme"
    Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 04-13-11 at 03:48 PM.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #658
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,590

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Look dood, I've already exposed you for the left wing extremist partisan hack you are. Your whining and excuse making for your behavior bores me. Your lies, exposed.


    Will you be naming 5 right wingers here on DP you think are not "Extreme" or is everyone on the right, "extreme"
    I am proud to be on the liberal left progressive wing of political thought in America.

    I only wonder why you are not equally proud to be on the conservative far right wing of political thought in America? Why do you run from this when you want to be all loud and proud about your libertarian conservatism?

    Name 5 for you? You really must think I care about stuff like that. Sorry, but i have a life and a job and I really do not keep tabs on most members here to make such an evaluation. You jump out at people the way a jack in the box jumps up and makes a loud noise so its easy to identify you since you yell so loudly and so often. I just don't care enough to start analyzing a list of members.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #659
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-11 @ 04:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    116

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    TEA baggers are frustrated Klansmen.

  10. #660
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I am proud to be on the liberal left progressive wing of political thought in America.

    I only wonder why you are not equally proud to be on the conservative far right wing of political thought in America? Why do you run from this when you want to be all loud and proud about your libertarian conservatism?

    Name 5 for you? You really must think I care about stuff like that. Sorry, but i have a life and a job and I really do not keep tabs on most members here to make such an evaluation. You jump out at people the way a jack in the box jumps up and makes a loud noise so its easy to identify you since you yell so loudly and so often. I just don't care enough to start analyzing a list of members.


    so the answer stands. anyone who is not a socialist far left unionist extremist, is a far right winger to you.


    Noted.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 66 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •