View Poll Results: What is the Tea Party to America?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good!

    42 48.84%
  • Good but Looney

    6 6.98%
  • Neutral.... no harm and no good

    2 2.33%
  • Negative and Looney

    24 27.91%
  • Flat out Disgusting!

    2 2.33%
  • People that are Very secure financially that dont understand reality!

    5 5.81%
  • I make love to the Papaya!

    5 5.81%
Page 6 of 81 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 802

Thread: The Tea Party Is.....

  1. #51
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,513

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I will grant that the premise of smaller government, lower taxes, and more accountable reps, would appeal to social conservatives, but given its limited platform, I think all these polls are an innacurate portrayal of the tea party. I think the underlying factors I outlined, appeal to more people than "social conservatives". I find it to be a more libertarian movement that not only appeals to the minority libertarians, but also a majority of many folks.
    I think it appeals to social conservatives... It hasn't been attracting many outspoken Libertarians. When I think of the TP voices, I think Bachmann and Palin.

    In fact, most Libertarians like Paul say the TP highjacked the original TP and he doesn't even view them favorably.

    Ron Paul’s Shocking Message To The Tea Party
    Even GOP conservative Ron Paul draws Tea Party opposition | Texas Legislature News - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News
    Ron Paul: The Tea Party Is Now Corporately Owned - Digg

  2. #52
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,990

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why are you so hung up on the tea party being a white movement? So what? Why does that automiatically make it racist? Yeah, the Tea Party is mostly dissatisfied white people. Does the fact that a group of predominately white people got together to protest inherently mean that it is a racially motivated movement? Perhaps it says something else. Could you think of what else it could mean?
    I am sure he was calling me racist out of sarcasm because I support the Tea Party. I also believe it may be an attempt to expose the logical fallacies and typical rhetoric used against the Tea Party to try and paint them as ignorant white racist Republicans.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  3. #53
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,767

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I think the rev is right on the idea that it is a combination of different things including a strain of libertarianism. The seem to combine right wing populism, right wing libertarianism, a hatred of unions, opposition to most progressive reforms and developments over the last fifty years and the Wal Mart brand of republicanism.

    All of those things are despicable in and of themselves. When you mix it all together, you have the Long Island Iced tea party of politics. Their totality is much worse than merely the sum of each of its parts. I expect only of of two things will happen with it:
    1) they pretty much take over lock, stock and barrel complete control of the Republican party nominating Christine O'Donnell type candidates all across the land including some wingnut for President,
    2) being denied that by the Wall Street wing of the GOP, they begin to drift away and eventually form a third party only to see that fall apart in short order due to lack of funding and central leadership.


    This is not what I stated at all. dishonest much?


    It's an economic movement that attracts 25% of folks who are clearly indepenbdant and 48% who are right-independent. As you can see by liblady's graphic.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #54
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    look up, I just did.
    you posted there were numerous blacks in the tea party. where did you prove that?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  5. #55
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,767

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I think it appeals to social conservatives... It hasn't been attracting many outspoken Libertarians. When I think of the TP voices, I think Bachmann and Palin.

    In fact, most Libertarians like Paul say the TP highjacked the original TP and he doesn't even view them favorably.

    Ron Paul’s Shocking Message To The Tea Party
    Even GOP conservative Ron Paul draws Tea Party opposition | Texas Legislature News - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News
    Ron Paul: The Tea Party Is Now Corporately Owned - Digg



    Ron paul is butt hurt he's not at the forfront. though I do agree if the media annointed him instead of palin and co. it would be better off.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #56
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,092

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why are you so hung up on the tea party being a white movement? So what? Why does that automiatically make it racist? Yeah, the Tea Party is mostly dissatisfied white people. Does the fact that a group of predominately white people got together to protest inherently mean that it is a racially motivated movement? Perhaps it says something else. Could you think of what else it could mean?
    Excellent question. I think some of the more politically astute tea partiers know full well the limitation it will place on the movement if they get the common perception that they are racist of just a bunch of angry white folks. So they counter this perception by denial, denial and more denial. Its a smart move and if I were part of an extremist anti-American movement like the tea party i would do much the same thing to hide my true colors under a red, white and blue Halloween costume. I think the Rev has been around a while and he knows this better than most.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #57
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,513

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    I have a lean proposal in the suggestion box, you should support it
    There's a test from Political Compass...

    Political Compass - Analysis

    Anybody that has social conservative values is going to be more in the upper righthand box than on the libertarian line.

  8. #58
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,767

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Excellent question. I think some of the more politically astute tea partiers know full well the limitation it will place on the movement if they get the common perception that they are racist of just a bunch of angry white folks. So they counter this perception by denial, denial and more denial. Its a smart move and if I were part of an extremist anti-American movement like the tea party i would do much the same thing to hide my true colors under a red, white and blue Halloween costume. I think the Rev has been around a while and he knows this better than most.


    yeah but it's better than dressing up in all red like a unionist clown.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #59
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I am sure he was calling me racist out of sarcasm because I support the Tea Party. I also believe it may be an attempt to expose the logical fallacies and typical rhetoric used against the Tea Party to try and paint them as ignorant white racist Republicans.
    I know. I'm just enjoying the fact that Rev is so uncomfortable with the reality that the tea party is mostly dissatisfied, white people. Just merely mentioning the fact to him sets him off on a defensive rage because clearly you are insinuating he is a racist for daring to belong to a movement of mostly white people.

  10. #60
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,767

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why are you so hung up on the tea party being a white movement? So what? Why does that automiatically make it racist? Yeah, the Tea Party is mostly dissatisfied white people. Does the fact that a group of predominately white people got together to protest inherently mean that it is a racially motivated movement? Perhaps it says something else. Could you think of what else it could mean?


    I'm not. I just don't like racists trying to tell me how its a white movement full of racists.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 6 of 81 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •