View Poll Results: What is the Tea Party to America?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good!

    42 48.84%
  • Good but Looney

    6 6.98%
  • Neutral.... no harm and no good

    2 2.33%
  • Negative and Looney

    24 27.91%
  • Flat out Disgusting!

    2 2.33%
  • People that are Very secure financially that dont understand reality!

    5 5.81%
  • I make love to the Papaya!

    5 5.81%
Page 55 of 81 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 802

Thread: The Tea Party Is.....

  1. #541
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,973

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Essentially I am too lazy to bother looking up candidates who lost in 2010 and the people who may have won had they run in their place. I think you know that nobody gives a crap enough to bother to go through that much work and so you are trying to use it as a tactic to win the debate, but really you haven't presented any evidence to the contrary so my argument still stands.
    You being too admittedly lazy to look up the information to back up your claim, or to erroneously make a claim as if it was fact without any prior knowledge other than your gut instinct, isn't showing that your argument stands. If someone can show me a legitimate Republican primary contender to a tea party backed Republican who was more in line fiscally/governmentally with the Tea Party, or somehow someway a Democrat that was more fiscally in line with the Tea Parties fiscal conservatism than the tea party backed Republican I'd be happy to relent. To date, I've not heard of one such case. Bitching that they supported some candidates who ALSO happened to be social conservatives to varying degree's while ignoring the other realistic alternatives presented to them is a useless and non-informative argument.

  2. #542
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Dissatisfied white people.
    so black people are supporters of massive debt and taxation/ is that because percentage wise most of them aren't paying federal income taxes



  3. #543
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Gotta a percentage of how many communist, socialist, white people with trust funds make up the anti-war movement?


    No, but this video gets interesting at around the 4:00 mark. Notice the yellow socialist sign and booth? Notice right beside it (no more than 2 ft) the Code Pink Booth? Well, so right beside the anti-war booth they are selling all kinds of socialist books, but more than that the guy is really pushing the Communist Manifesto. There's all kinds of room to set up, so apparently code pink is more then happy to cozy up to the commies at the one nation rally.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  4. #544
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Actually, as I have stated before, I am all for evicting the fetus intact.
    By full term live birth then?
    Otherwise it will likely be ripped apart by at least one method. Not sure about the saline burning alive method. Are they kept intact then?
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  5. #545
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    You being too admittedly lazy to look up the information to back up your claim, or to erroneously make a claim as if it was fact without any prior knowledge other than your gut instinct, isn't showing that your argument stands. If someone can show me a legitimate Republican primary contender to a tea party backed Republican who was more in line fiscally/governmentally with the Tea Party, or somehow someway a Democrat that was more fiscally in line with the Tea Parties fiscal conservatism than the tea party backed Republican I'd be happy to relent. To date, I've not heard of one such case. Bitching that they supported some candidates who ALSO happened to be social conservatives to varying degree's while ignoring the other realistic alternatives presented to them is a useless and non-informative argument.
    Meh, whatever. You could point out just one tea party candidate who was pro choice or pro gay rights and I would be happy to concede the point.

  6. #546
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Because the anti-war movement is divided up into different individual groups, and the tea party is one large group that has people in political office because of their backing.
    I believe there are many more tea party groups than anti-war groups. Some support candidates, some don't. Some don't even allow politicians to speak at their rallys because they don't want to be affiliated with any one party.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  7. #547
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Meh, whatever. You could point out just one tea party candidate who was pro choice or pro gay rights and I would be happy to concede the point.
    I'm okay with gay marriage, but I'm not a candidate. You know Obama isn't for gay marriage, right?


  8. #548
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    so black people are supporters of massive debt and taxation/ is that because percentage wise most of them aren't paying federal income taxes
    I dunno, let's ask this guy.

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Democrats embrace bottom up economic policies and Republicans favor trickle down economic policies and as black folk tend to be more impoverished, they favor Democratic policies out of self interest. The fact that the tea party is 89% white is indicative of the socioeconomic realities of the tea party's composition and it represents a segment of the population that is not nearly as impoverished and thus is more likely out of self interest to support trickle down policies.

  9. #549
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    I'm okay with gay marriage, but I'm not a candidate. You know Obama isn't for gay marriage, right?
    I didn't vote for Obama. I'm not a Democrat.

    Of course now I know you are just another partisan.
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 04-12-11 at 11:24 PM.

  10. #550
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    (smile) What a crock, you are a bigot.

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    Ask any of the ones who voted the Tea Party is good for America and you'll find that they believe Obama is not a Citizen, Obama will use death squads to determine which senior citizen lives or dies, the super rich deserve their ill-gotten gains, giving big corporations tax breaks will mean more jobs, and all Muslims are radicals.

    ricksfolly

    ricksfolly
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

Page 55 of 81 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •