View Poll Results: What is the Tea Party to America?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good!

    42 48.84%
  • Good but Looney

    6 6.98%
  • Neutral.... no harm and no good

    2 2.33%
  • Negative and Looney

    24 27.91%
  • Flat out Disgusting!

    2 2.33%
  • People that are Very secure financially that dont understand reality!

    5 5.81%
  • I make love to the Papaya!

    5 5.81%
Page 45 of 81 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 802

Thread: The Tea Party Is.....

  1. #441
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    So you are saying the tea party activley excludes black folk? There are numerous black folks in the tea party, to suggest its a white movement is dishonest. I find your posts racist and abhorrent.
    They exclude themselves because most blacks are still democrats/liberals.
    The left prefers to call the Tea Party racist, because ignoring facts is what they do best.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  2. #442
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,905

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Yes, there are some in the tea party faction who are concerned mainly with fiscal responsibility - or at least their particular spin on what constitutes that concept.

    And yes, there are others who are using that facade to attempt to promote a far rightist agenda that has failed to get off the ground over the last fifty years.

    The existence of one group does not deny the existence of the other group. They both seem fairly comfortable with each other.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #443
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    The Tea Party is about fiscal and governmental conservatism.
    I really believe you believe that is the case, but the reality is that it is a religous movement. That will become more apparant in the years to come.

  4. #444
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    The tea party may be about economic issues, but it does attract more conservatives than liberals, and more social conservatives than libertarians. It may have started out as a libertarian movement, but it has evolved since then.

    Polling the Tea Party - Interactive Feature - NYTimes.com
    I really don't know why any liberal would agree with the tea party. Blue dog dems, but not liberals or even regular dems.
    Government is not the answer, but Liberals think it is.
    If liberals start identifying with the TP, either they are changing their views and no longer liberal, or something has seriously gone wrong with the TP.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  5. #445
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,696

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Yes, there are some in the tea party faction who are concerned mainly with fiscal responsibility - or at least their particular spin on what constitutes that concept.

    And yes, there are others who are using that facade to attempt to promote a far rightist agenda that has failed to get off the ground over the last fifty years.

    The existence of one group does not deny the existence of the other group. They both seem fairly comfortable with each other.
    So its fair to say that all liberals are racist because their are racists amongst their numbers? Beautiful logic process that!

    The Tea Party FORMED to fight excessive government spending. the Tea Party formed to stand AGAINST a REPUBLICAN president. You may not like it (yeah...thats what we call an 'understatement') but their primary goal is to oppose out of control federal spending.

  6. #446
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,696

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    The tea party may be about economic issues, but it does attract more conservatives than liberals, and more social conservatives than libertarians. It may have started out as a libertarian movement, but it has evolved since then.

    Polling the Tea Party - Interactive Feature - NYTimes.com
    That CANT be a surprise tho, right? By and large MOST conservatives are opposed to federal spending on social issues (and are far less concerned than they should be about federal spending on things like military spending) whereas most liberals...well...reverse that. More social spending, less defense spending. Maybe we would ALL benefit if we were unitied on excessive and out of control federal spending first.

  7. #447
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    So its fair to say that all liberals are racist because their are racists amongst their numbers? Beautiful logic process that!

    The Tea Party FORMED to fight excessive government spending. the Tea Party formed to stand AGAINST a REPUBLICAN president. You may not like it (yeah...thats what we call an 'understatement') but their primary goal is to oppose out of control federal spending.
    But only if God is in agreement...

    /Sarc off


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  8. #448
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,696

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I really believe you believe that is the case, but the reality is that it is a religous movement. That will become more apparant in the years to come.
    Sure...that was their motivation...George Bush was proposing bailing out the banks and a group of people banded together and said THIS would be a great time to form a religous anti-government movement...

  9. #449
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,696

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    But only if God is in agreement...

    /Sarc off


    Tim-
    Yeah...cuz they are all secretly disguising wood crosses under those flags...and...wait...let me guess...manage to put aside their specific religous backgrounds for a 'greater good'....

  10. #450
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Oh that was a question? The answer would be no. I'm sorry that you were offended by the two pics of tea party rallies that I randomly grabbed off of google images.

    It's totally not a white movement. The fact that 95% of the movement is white is just a coincidence.
    No, not considering only about 5% of blacks voted against Obama. Are the blacks racist against old white guys like McCain, or is it that most black people are democrats and wouldn't identify with tea party?
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

Page 45 of 81 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •