View Poll Results: What is the Tea Party to America?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good!

    42 48.84%
  • Good but Looney

    6 6.98%
  • Neutral.... no harm and no good

    2 2.33%
  • Negative and Looney

    24 27.91%
  • Flat out Disgusting!

    2 2.33%
  • People that are Very secure financially that dont understand reality!

    5 5.81%
  • I make love to the Papaya!

    5 5.81%
Page 44 of 81 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 802

Thread: The Tea Party Is.....

  1. #431
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    You expect me to show evidence from 50 yrs ago...Ill pass on that...crime and taxs were the major contributors to the decaying and the present decay of cities...the jobs moved OUT...to cheaper pastures
    For somebody who is demanding I be critical it doesn't seem like you are all that critical. The fact is, it doesn't matter how good your economic policies are. Cities are largely based on manufacturing. If there aren't any jobs, then things are going to fall apart. Here is some more data for ya.


  2. #432
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    I've been told they are extreme.
    Yea, that cracks me up. Putting our country in the position where we are borrowing 40 cents for every dollar we spend is not "extreme" but cutting spending by a few billion is "extreme" Go figure.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  3. #433
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Most major cities have fallen apart as a result of the manufacturing industry shutting down and being outsourced. It has little to do with the economic policies of either party. I sincerely doubt it is any different where you were raised.

    You want to demonstrate how critical you are, show me some evidence that your city is any different.
    Not just major cities. There are a huge number of small towns that have turned into a ghost of their former selves because the major employer left. Once where you had good families and decent jobs, now you have crystal meth...
    Last edited by tacomancer; 04-12-11 at 03:50 PM.

  4. #434
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I'm a libertarian. Why do you think that I support throwing money at anyone? I simply like facts. I know that is something that you could never understand. I think a debate needs to be based on facts for it to be worth anything, not semantics like you use in every debate, but on actual observable and measurable ideas. When people say something that is wrong, I'm going to correct them because if I don't then nobody learns. If an ideology cannot stay faithful to the truth, then it isn't a worthy ideology. I have nothing to fear to sticking to facts, unlike you who has to distort them every chance he gets.

    Now as I requested kindly in my PM to you, stop talking to me.
    Umm.. What exactly is the format for debating facts? Nobody debates facts silly.. We're all interested in them, sure, and when they are presented we must conceed. Start presenting them and see if I challenge you? Fail to present them, and I'll challenge you everytime, which is generally how people debate. They don't debate facts (RE: Zyphlin's statistical breakdown of minority welfare) they debate the details surrounding those facts, and present variables that, if otherwise present would cause the fact to come into question.

    No get with the program already..


    Tim-
    Last edited by Hicup; 04-12-11 at 03:54 PM.
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  5. #435
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post


    There is one black guy in this crowd. See if you can find him.



    Here is another. Can you find the one Asian?

    Tea Party rally pics could be used like "Where's Waldo" books, only just make it into "Where's the Racial Minority?"
    Blacks are the minority in America. 95% of that minority voted for Obama. The percentage of black people who are Democrats isn't much lower. Why would you even expect a lot of black people to be attending tea party rally's at this time?
    However, times are a changin'. I believe blacks are finally waking up and more and more will become conservatives. Herman Cain and Alan West are tea party favorites. I don't know how that could happen if the TP is racist.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  6. #436
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,939

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    This is ridiculous.

    Tea Party Closely Linked to Religious Right, Poll Finds - The Note

    Christian conservatives make up only 22% of America but comprise half of the tea party movement. As a group the tea party is just as much a religious movement as it is an economic one.
    No, its not.

    It has MEMBERS that are. However the group isn't a religious focused one.

    Lets say I advertise for a group of Football fans to talk about football, setup football events, watch football, etc. We'll call it "Football Club". I get a lot of people to come out and this group starts having these events. Now, since many people who like one sport like other sports as well, suddenly we find out that half of the people in this club also like Baseball. Individually, they may even organize up and go to baseball events or be more in favor of events with the "Footbal club" watching football also will have baseball on TV rather than events that won't have this. That doesn't mean "Football Club" suddenly becomes about Football AND baseball. "Football Club" is still doing events based on football. "Football Club" has members joining first and foremost due to caring about Football. "Football Club" is about Football, but some of its members have other interests and are not robots so don't just participate in one thing and one thing only.

    The Tea Party is about fiscal and governmental conservatism. That's what its policies, its views, its movement is about. Because of that it does tend to attract people with other conservative views, and those other people may push on more individual or localized levels for their other views as well as the Tea Parties. But the Tea Party, as a movement, has never focused nor made a part of its core principles nor heavily endorsed singularly other forms of Conservatism other than Fiscal and Governmental. It doesn't say they're bad, it doesn't say their good, its indifferent, because its not what the group is about.

  7. #437
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,269
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Yea, that cracks me up. Putting our country in the position where we are borrowing 40 cents for every dollar we spend is not "extreme" but cutting spending by a few billion is "extreme" Go figure.
    Hey Barb, that is entirely a straw man. If you are going to debate issues, at least debate what people actually say, not what you wish they would say.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #438
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    No, its not.

    It has MEMBERS that are. However the group isn't a religious focused one.

    Lets say I advertise for a group of Football fans to talk about football, setup football events, watch football, etc. We'll call it "Football Club". I get a lot of people to come out and this group starts having these events. Now, since many people who like one sport like other sports as well, suddenly we find out that half of the people in this club also like Baseball. Individually, they may even organize up and go to baseball events or be more in favor of events with the "Footbal club" watching football also will have baseball on TV rather than events that won't have this. That doesn't mean "Football Club" suddenly becomes about Football AND baseball. "Football Club" is still doing events based on football. "Football Club" has members joining first and foremost due to caring about Football. "Football Club" is about Football, but some of its members have other interests and are not robots so don't just participate in one thing and one thing only.

    The Tea Party is about fiscal and governmental conservatism. That's what its policies, its views, its movement is about. Because of that it does tend to attract people with other conservative views, and those other people may push on more individual or localized levels for their other views as well as the Tea Parties. But the Tea Party, as a movement, has never focused nor made a part of its core principles nor heavily endorsed singularly other forms of Conservatism other than Fiscal and Governmental. It doesn't say they're bad, it doesn't say their good, its indifferent, because its not what the group is about.
    I think its fair to say in an org where it is grass roots and without an enforced definition or heirarchy to create a definition, that whatever its members are, it is. In your example a person started the football club and is responsible for it and to it. This is not the case with the tea party. At least, this is how I look at it.

  9. #439
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,269
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    I find it sad that this has become about race. Of all the interesting things to talk about in relation to the tea party, you all talk about the least interesting factor.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #440
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post

    Here is another. Can you find the one Asian?

    Tea Party rally pics could be used like "Where's Waldo" books, only just make it into "Where's the Racial Minority?"
    How many black guys do you think you will find at anti-war rallies? At Gay rights rallies? on the staff at MSNBC or NPR? And what difference does any of this make? With the steady stream of lies labelling the Tea party racist how many would hyou EXPECT to find there?

    The Tea Party promotes one primary message...fiscal responsibility. Id love to see the fiscally conservative democrat version of people standing in opposition to out of control government spending.

    And BTW...what is this tendency to create so much heat about the 'Tea Party'? Could it be that the 'Tea Party' threatens what many want most...MORE government spending...more free cheese?

Page 44 of 81 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •