View Poll Results: What is the Tea Party to America?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good!

    42 48.84%
  • Good but Looney

    6 6.98%
  • Neutral.... no harm and no good

    2 2.33%
  • Negative and Looney

    24 27.91%
  • Flat out Disgusting!

    2 2.33%
  • People that are Very secure financially that dont understand reality!

    5 5.81%
  • I make love to the Papaya!

    5 5.81%
Page 42 of 81 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 802

Thread: The Tea Party Is.....

  1. #411
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    The numbers that keep coming up when I search is from 2006 (haven't found anything more recent) that there are roughly 29.9 million welfare recipients. Of that whites make up 39%, blacks 38%, and hispanics 17%. That comes out to 11,661,000 for whites. 11,362,000 for Blacks. And 5,083,000 for hispanics.

    Now the make up of the US from what I've found has roughly 196.8 million whites, a bit under 39 million blacks, and 26.7 million hispanics.

    Now, dividing the total population of each race with the numbers of that race on welfare, we come out with how many individuals per grouping is on welfare. Which in this case is roughly 1:17 white, 1:4 black, and 1:5 hispanic.

    Since you apparently believe them to be inaccurate that seems to imply you have some kind of different figures. What numbers do you have?

    CT just got owned..


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  2. #412
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,967

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Two of the best political posts (In a row even) that I have seen on these forums for a while now!


    Tim-
    The bonus of being called a fake conservative for a good long time or essentially being made out to be a republican uncle tom is the fact that I don't really care what people think or wish to assume based on what I write. I know what I think, how I view things, and why I view them that way. Doesn't mean I'm not swayable, but it does mean I'm not worried that I may say something politically incorrect or that could be easily manipulated by people wanting to make it seem like I'm saying more than I am. As such I generally don't mind answering typically loaded bait questions honestly.

  3. #413
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    The truth is democrats use blacks for votes just like they cultivate illegal immigration for votes.
    Most all the major predominantly minority cities in this country have been run and controlled by democrats for decades and the plight of the citizens living there has not only not improved but has gotten worse...Democrats sell lip service to minority issues for effect but in actuality dont do squat. Throwing billions at giveaway programs to employ democrats has failed and failed miserably...be honest for once and look at all the results
    Oh really? The poverty rates for African Americans have not improved at all?



    Oh poohy! Those dang facts always seem to get in the way!

  4. #414
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    The bonus of being called a fake conservative for a good long time or essentially being made out to be a republican uncle tom is the fact that I don't really care what people think or wish to assume based on what I write. I know what I think, how I view things, and why I view them that way. Doesn't mean I'm not swayable, but it does mean I'm not worried that I may say something politically incorrect or that could be easily manipulated by people wanting to make it seem like I'm saying more than I am. As such I generally don't mind answering typically loaded bait questions honestly.
    Me either.. However, I just thought that both of your posts on this issue were spot on, and wholly realistic!


    I know you and I haven't seen eye to eye on all the issues, but I never mind giving credit to a great post now and again. Just wished that I had been able to arrange in my mind, what you put down so eloquently, wihtout what appears to be any effort on your part..

    Nice post all the same!


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  5. #415
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Oh really? The poverty rates for African Americans have not improved at all?

    Wasnt addressing poverty rates specifically, was addressing quality of life in the cities...their education, their growth and where did that graph come from

  6. #416
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Oh really? The poverty rates for African Americans have not improved at all?



    Oh poohy! Those dang facts always seem to get in the way!
    Link? Looks amatuerish frankly. Did you draw it up yourself?


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  7. #417
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,967

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    That makes more sense. I didn't know you had already accounted for racial breakdown.
    Yep. I admitted earlier in this thread, a number of times, that of actual welfare recipients Whites make up the largest amount of any SINGULAR race. That said, just giving those numbers give little insight into how that might affect the race as a whole with regards to the base amount of individuals likely to be affected with regards to voting persuation.

    When you have almost 200 million people to theoritically attract, likely loosing out on 12 million of them is of little consequence comparitive to losing out on 12 of 40 million.

    I appreciate the response though I never mind people asking me to further explain my statements...god knows I'm not perfect and can have bad information/do bad math sometimes.

  8. #418
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Wasnt addressing poverty rates specifically, was addressing quality of life in the cities...their education, their growth and where did that graph come from
    ROFL! Poverty rates equate to all of those things. The fact is you have no measure for how bad things were before for blacks, you only have your anecdotal experience of how bad they are now.

    Here is the site I grabbed it from.

    Poverty in America – black poverty issues | America's North Shore Journal

  9. #419
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Yep. I admitted earlier in this thread, a number of times, that of actual welfare recipients Whites make up the largest amount of any SINGULAR race. That said, just giving those numbers give little insight into how that might affect the race as a whole with regards to the base amount of individuals likely to be affected with regards to voting persuation.

    When you have almost 200 million people to theoritically attract, likely loosing out on 12 million of them is of little consequence comparitive to losing out on 12 of 40 million.

    I appreciate the response though I never mind people asking me to further explain my statements...god knows I'm not perfect and can have bad information/do bad math sometimes.
    I'm sticking to my much simpler explaination.

    Democrats embrace bottom up economic policies and Republicans favor trickle down economic policies and as black folk tend to be more impoverished, they favor Democratic policies out of self interest. The fact that the tea party is 89% white is indicative of the socioeconomic realities of the tea party's composition and it represents a segment of the population that is not nearly as impoverished and thus is more likely out of self interest to support trickle down policies.

  10. #420
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    ROFL! Poverty rates equate to all of those things. The fact is you have no measure for how bad things were before for blacks, you only have your anecdotal experience of how bad they are now.

    Here is the site I grabbed it from.

    Poverty in America – black poverty issues | America's North Shore Journal
    I was born and raised in the inner city of a Major city, I wasnt a spoonfed white kid...and my major city is in shambles now compared to even 20 yrs ago...

    You need to get out more critical, read up on camden NJ and tell me how the black plight has improved...or newark NJ or cleveland or Philadelphia any number of black cities run by DEMOCRATS...who have been given billions in federal money and did nothing with it.

Page 42 of 81 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •