View Poll Results: What is the Tea Party to America?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good!

    42 48.84%
  • Good but Looney

    6 6.98%
  • Neutral.... no harm and no good

    2 2.33%
  • Negative and Looney

    24 27.91%
  • Flat out Disgusting!

    2 2.33%
  • People that are Very secure financially that dont understand reality!

    5 5.81%
  • I make love to the Papaya!

    5 5.81%
Page 40 of 81 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 802

Thread: The Tea Party Is.....

  1. #391
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    You kept asking for an answer I thought id give you one

    Ill give you a real answer...The teaparty is mostly white because it is fundamentally a protest against the Obama Administrations policies and spending. We all know that blacks voted for Obama to the tune of 98% and that seems to reflect the same in the teaparty. Stating that blacks almost always blindly vote democrat is not RACIST its a fact and the same reasoning applies to why the teaparty is mostly white.

  2. #392
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    you posted there were numerous blacks in the tea party. where did you prove that?
    Just a guess but I suspect that out of all the black people that actually pay taxes, a good portion of them would be tea party backers..


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  3. #393
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    except in this case. as one who has been called a racist by many on the left for disagreeing with Obama or for being part of the tea party, I see a far cry difference than a left wing idiot suggesting that I am racist, than the strawman of stating that someone argued that racism doesn't exist anywhere.
    I think you believe that racism must be open and blatant in order to eixst. I would say that would be false. I would never argue everyone in the tea party is racist. Have no evidence to support that. But as much as some may go overboard with claims of racism, just as many go too far in their denials. There is an element of racism in the Tea Party. The only debate is how large it is. I tend to think rather small. But it's not deniable that there isn't some there.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #394
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I think you believe that racism must be open and blatant in order to eixst. I would say that would be false. I would never argue everyone in the tea party is racist. Have no evidence to support that. But as much as some may go overboard with claims of racism, just as many go too far in their denials. There is an element of racism in the Tea Party. The only debate is how large it is. I tend to think rather small. But it's not deniable that there isn't some there.
    There is an element of racism in AMERICA, so it follows that your assertion is blatently obvious; and ultimately meaningless.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  5. #395
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Ill give you a real answer...The teaparty is mostly white because it is fundamentally a protest against the Obama Administrations policies and spending. We all know that blacks voted for Obama to the tune of 98% and that seems to reflect the same in the teaparty. Stating that blacks almost always blindly vote democrat is not RACIST its a fact and the same reasoning applies to why the teaparty is mostly white.
    So why do you suppose that black people typically vote Democrat?

  6. #396
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    So why do you suppose that black people typically vote Democrat?
    Because they're stupid!


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  7. #397
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Because they're stupid!


    Tim-
    ROFL! So you are suggesting that black people are stupid?

  8. #398
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    ROFL! So you are suggesting that black people are stupid?
    I thought you weren't talking to me anymore?

    No, all people who vote democrat are stoooopit!! Including the colored folk..


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  9. #399
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,939

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Now I have to repeat myself.

    It is becaue I love human behavior. What people don't say often says a lot more about them than what they do say. And the fact is, there is something that neither you nor Rev will say. You won't say why the tea party is commposed mostly of white people. Instead of saying why, you choose to argue that it is irrelevant or you get incredibly defensive and argue that anyone who would even mention race is a racist or hypocrite. That says an awful lot about you even though you aren't even aware that you are communicating. It says that it bothers you and you would rather avoid it entirely than think about it.
    The Tea Party is a majoritly white group for likely a number of reasons.

    The first of which is that whites make up the largest segment of the population and generally speaking national groups that do not specifically cater to an individual minority will tend to have more whites than any other singular minority.

    The second is that minorities, blacks in particular, tend to be more liberal in their political ideology and as such are going to be less likely to take part in a conservative movement. The same goes for Latino's when it comes to non-social issues. This in and of itself makes up the two largest minority demographics in the country. So the base of those minorities that the Tea Party would be likely to gain membership from is already smaller percentage wise than that of Whites as there a higher percentage of those minorites identify liberla than conservative then whites do.

    Thirdly, in addition with the above, whites in general are less likely to be recieving things like Welfare which is the type of big government program that is presented as something the Tea Party doesn't like. Roughly 1 in every 17 white people are on welfare compared to 1 in every 4 for blacks and 1 in every 5 for hispanics. So your base of people likely to be attracted to the Tea Party reduces itself at 3 times the rate from the Hispanic and Black communities then it does from the white community.

    Fourthly, coverage. The Tea Party came into prominence opposite of the time where arguably the most popular President with minorites came into power, and came into prominence largely against his policies. It was covered almost from the start with an air of racism, and by "start" I mean its Ron Paul supporting roots. As it became larger in prominence the implication, or direct accusation, of racism grew. Message feeds upon message and acts as a deterent for some of those minorites that would've potentially been on the fence from actually taking the leap.

    So in summary I would say the likeliest reasons the tea party is largely made up of white individuals is because:

    1) They are the largest population in the, more than double all other minorities combined.
    2) The two largest minorities groups lean liberal on fiscal and governmental issues shrinking the base of appeal
    3) A higher percentage of minorities engage in the types of programs the Tea Party is depicted at being against
    4) The Tea Party has been implied or flat out called racist from its inception which potentially deters on the fence minorities

  10. #400
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    I thought you weren't talking to me anymore?

    No, all people who vote democrat are stoooopit!! Including the colored folk..


    Tim-
    I told you not to talk to me. But when you say something as idiotic as black people are stupid because they vote democrat it merits investigation.

Page 40 of 81 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •