View Poll Results: What is the Tea Party to America?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good!

    42 48.84%
  • Good but Looney

    6 6.98%
  • Neutral.... no harm and no good

    2 2.33%
  • Negative and Looney

    24 27.91%
  • Flat out Disgusting!

    2 2.33%
  • People that are Very secure financially that dont understand reality!

    5 5.81%
  • I make love to the Papaya!

    5 5.81%
Page 38 of 81 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 802

Thread: The Tea Party Is.....

  1. #371
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    If you are referring to me, I just brought up the skin color argument because I found it funny how defensive tea partiers like Rev are when it is simply mentioned. I never said a thing about racism, but he was so bothered by the fact that he belonged to a group of mostly white people that even mentioning race set him off on a tirade. I have no problem with the tea party being a mostly white movement, and I mention it simply as an observation. I'm not sure why the tea pary movement is composed primarily of dissatisfied white people, and I'm not sure why nobody has bothered to find out. Even you seem to find it offensive to even ask such a question, which I find rather hilarious. When I see responses like the one above it screams "DEFENSIVE". Why are you bothered by belonging to a white movement?
    Why is it funny? Because you think it true...or because you think it untrue and just like casting aspersions?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  2. #372
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i doesn't occur to me that they are minorities.
    So why does it occur to you that most of the tea party is white?


  3. #373
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    The difference being that when we see a gathering of tea party folk engaged in their public demonstrations, the visible signs of racism are unmistakable throuogh the many signs we have seen in videos presented right here in this thread and elsewhere.
    The communist unionist left wing extreme "true believers" will often repeat this lie, the next we can expect is you tube videos.


    Can you say the same for a gathering of teachers? Of Liberals? of Communists? Of doctors? of lawyers? Of any of the groups or people who mentioned?
    When the communist far left extremist goes out of his way to build up a strawman, one should expect an asinine follow up question like this.


    No.

    For some reason, racist displays at tea party gatherings seem to be a component that is undeniable and part and parcel of that crowd.

    And then the true believer far left union apologist marxist, will in turn come to his own true believer conclusion based on the nonsensical lies he displayed at the start of his post.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #374
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Yukon View Post
    The average TEA Bagger is white, middle-aged, overweight, with racist tendancies. He opposes abortion, supports state sanctioned murder as punishment, is a war monger and knows he is too old and purned out to ever have to fight. He owns several guns and listens to country music. He tells people he has many coloured friends but in fact would shoot the first coloured guy who came onto his property after dark. Yes, the TEA Baggers are just what America needs.
    You're assumptions are growing nuttier with every post. I know several Tea Party members in DC and none of them fit that description.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  5. #375
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,133

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    95% of blacks who did vote voted for Obama, it was up 13% or so from previous elections. no one cares about this.
    Apparantly you care because you not only brought it up but you know the exact percentages. Why does race matter so much to you Rev?

    As the same no one cares why the tea party's makeup is what it is. It bothers me not.
    Then why do you react so defensively when I mention it? Why do you avoid answering the question of why the movement is composed primarily of white people?

    but lets play, black folks vote for democrats because how the left has enslaved them with entitlement plans, Good old white boys giving the black man a handout to keep him poor and dependant...
    So is that your answer of why the tea party is not composed of black folks? They are enslaved by entitlement plans and thus they won't join the tea party because they want the good old white boys to keep giving them a hand out?

  6. #376
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Apparantly you care because you not only brought it up but you know the exact percentages. Why does race matter so much to you Rev?



    Then why do you react so defensively when I mention it? Why do you avoid answering the question of why the movement is composed primarily of white people?



    So is that your answer of why the tea party is not composed of black folks? They are enslaved by entitlement plans and thus they won't join the tea party because they want the good old white boys to keep giving them a hand out?



    /facepalm


    I was mocking your diatribe.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #377
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,006

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    The communist unionist left wing extreme "true believers" will often repeat this lie, the next we can expect is you tube videos.




    When the communist far left extremist goes out of his way to build up a strawman, one should expect an asinine follow up question like this.





    And then the true believer far left union apologist marxist, will in turn come to his own true believer conclusion based on the nonsensical lies he displayed at the start of his post.
    Your post makes no sense replying to what I wrote. Why would you copy my posts and then adress your comments about communists and marxists? There is no connection and its offensive for you to attempt to pretend to make one.

    We have seen the actual signs of the tea party people with racist messages.

    We have seen the actual video evidence of the tea party people with racist messages.

    This has nothing to do with communists or unionsits of members of the Leon Trotsky Ballroom Dancing Club or any other nonsense you want to bring up. It has nothing to do with it.

    This is about judging the tea party folks based on he signs they have presented publicly and proudly to the rest of the nation.

    The fact is a simple one - you see these racist signs at tea party gatherings and DO NOT see them at the gatherings of doctors, lawyers, teachers and other groups that were mentioned in the post by Mellie.

    Lets stick to the topic here and not attack me with childish names.
    Last edited by haymarket; 04-12-11 at 01:25 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #378
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,133

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    I really don't understand why race and skin color is such an obsession still in the US. We shouldn't be asking "why are all the black kids sitting together in the cafeteria?" but "why are all of these kids (of all skin colors) failing reading?" Ask the important questions, not the ones that will keep up divided by something as trivial as skin pigmentation.
    I think Rev and lpast provided some interesting suggestions. Apparently the black folk are enslaved by entitlement programs and won't give up their hand out from the good old white boys by joining movements llike the tea party. Does that sound about right to you? Or do you have an alternative suggestion as to why the tea party is composed mostly of white people?

  9. #379
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Your post makes no sense replyin to what I wrote.

    We have seen the actual signs of the tea party people with racist messages.

    We have seen the actual video evidence of the tea party people with racist messages.

    This has nothing to do with communists or unionsits of members of the Leon Trotsky Ballroom Dancing Club or any other nonsense you want to bring up. It has nothing to do with it.

    This is about judging the tea party folks based on he signs they have presented publicly and proudly to the rest of the nation.

    The fact is a simple one - you see these racist signs at tea party gatherings and DO NOT see them at the gatherings of doctors, lawyers, teachers and other groups that were mentioned in the post by Mellie.

    Lets stick to the topic here and not attack me with childish names.



    What the unionist true believer marxist doesn't mention is that by his logic, the left are a bunch of pedophilic sociopathic killing clowns ala john wayne gacey, because the exception is the basis for the standard to the marxist far left true believer/
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #380
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,133

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    /facepalm


    I was mocking your diatribe.
    I'm simply asking the same question, "Why is the tea party composed mostly of white people?"

    I think I'll ask the same question in every tea party thread from here on out since it seems to bother you tea party folk so much and I find that rather funny. If race is so irrelevant then it should be a simple question to answer. I personally think race is irrelevant, but I can't wait to hear more responses from your fellow tea partiers to that question.

Page 38 of 81 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •