View Poll Results: What is the Tea Party to America?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good!

    42 48.84%
  • Good but Looney

    6 6.98%
  • Neutral.... no harm and no good

    2 2.33%
  • Negative and Looney

    24 27.91%
  • Flat out Disgusting!

    2 2.33%
  • People that are Very secure financially that dont understand reality!

    5 5.81%
  • I make love to the Papaya!

    5 5.81%
Page 33 of 81 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 802

Thread: The Tea Party Is.....

  1. #321
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    It amazes me that in the US in 2011 people are still obsessed with skin color.
    Civil rights were fought in the sixties. That means we have less than 50 years after civil rights. Those who thing all problems can be vanished in so short a time really don't understand how these things work.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #322
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Civil rights were fought in the sixties. That means we have less than 50 years after civil rights. Those who thing all problems can be vanished in so short a time really don't understand how these things work.

    yah especially when left wing partisans see racism in anything that they disagree with.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #323
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    Also interesting to me is that the same people who look at a tea party and say "Where are the black people????" as evidence of "racism" never, ever, ever say that when talking about, say, a rap concert or church that is made up of entirely black people. Why not say "Where are all the white people????" as evidence of "racism"? Hmmmm..... It's only "racist" if it's all white people, eh? Hypocrites.

    Do you all see how moronic this argument is? Who CARES what color skin people have? We are all HUMANS no matter what skin color we have. A group of people of all different skin colors isn't "better" than a group of all one skin color. Skin color should be NO FACTOR in your opinions about the "goodness" of the group. Listen to what they SAY and DO, not what they look like. Gah!
    If you are referring to me, I just brought up the skin color argument because I found it funny how defensive tea partiers like Rev are when it is simply mentioned. I never said a thing about racism, but he was so bothered by the fact that he belonged to a group of mostly white people that even mentioning race set him off on a tirade. I have no problem with the tea party being a mostly white movement, and I mention it simply as an observation. I'm not sure why the tea pary movement is composed primarily of dissatisfied white people, and I'm not sure why nobody has bothered to find out. Even you seem to find it offensive to even ask such a question, which I find rather hilarious. When I see responses like the one above it screams "DEFENSIVE". Why are you bothered by belonging to a white movement?

  4. #324
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    10-18-17 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,388
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Civil rights were fought in the sixties. That means we have less than 50 years after civil rights. Those who thing all problems can be vanished in so short a time really don't understand how these things work.
    And people that blindly call out Racism make that much harder to fight against real Racism.

    Typo: you is now that
    Last edited by cpgrad08; 04-12-11 at 12:46 PM.

  5. #325
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    If you are referring to me, I just brought up the skin color argument because I found it funny how defensive tea partiers like Rev are when it is simply mentioned. I never said a thing about racism, but he was so bothered by the fact that he belonged to a group of mostly white people that even mentioning race set him off on a tirade. I have no problem with the tea party being a mostly white movement, and I mention it simply as an observation. I'm not sure why the tea pary movement is composed primarily of dissatisfied white people, and I'm not sure why nobody has bothered to find out. Even you seem to find it offensive to even ask such a question, which I find rather hilarious. When I see responses like the one above it screams "DEFENSIVE". Why are you bothered by belonging to a white movement?


    People aren't stupid. you mentioned it because you knew that associating the tea party with race is straight out of the left wing play book, if you didn't, what does that say about you?


    Are you arguing ignorance, or lack of intellectual capacity?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #326
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    yah especially when left wing partisans see racism in anything that they disagree with.
    Or, I suppose, partisans who see it nowhere, no matter how blatant, and who see any question as the race card. Those generalities work both ways you know.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #327
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    If you are referring to me, I just brought up the skin color argument because I found it funny how defensive tea partiers like Rev are when it is simply mentioned. I never said a thing about racism, but he was so bothered by the fact that he belonged to a group of mostly white people that even mentioning race set him off on a tirade. I have no problem with the tea party being a mostly white movement, and I mention it simply as an observation. I'm not sure why the tea pary movement is composed primarily of dissatisfied white people, and I'm not sure why nobody has bothered to find out. Even you seem to find it offensive to even ask such a question, which I find rather hilarious. When I see responses like the one above it screams "DEFENSIVE". Why are you bothered by belonging to a white movement?
    I think largely its a cultural thing. The country is becoming more diverse and changing away from WASP culture more specifically, which is generally going to mean white people will be upset since they are quite well represented in that demographic.

  8. #328
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Or, I suppose, partisans who see it nowhere, no matter how blatant, and who see any question as the race card. Those generalities work both ways you know.


    except in this case. as one who has been called a racist by many on the left for disagreeing with Obama or for being part of the tea party, I see a far cry difference than a left wing idiot suggesting that I am racist, than the strawman of stating that someone argued that racism doesn't exist anywhere.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #329
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    If you are referring to me, I just brought up the skin color argument because I found it funny how defensive tea partiers like Rev are when it is simply mentioned. I never said a thing about racism, but he was so bothered by the fact that he belonged to a group of mostly white people that even mentioning race set him off on a tirade. I have no problem with the tea party being a mostly white movement, and I mention it simply as an observation. I'm not sure why the tea pary movement is composed primarily of dissatisfied white people, and I'm not sure why nobody has bothered to find out. Even you seem to find it offensive to even ask such a question, which I find rather hilarious. When I see responses like the one above it screams "DEFENSIVE". Why are you bothered by belonging to a white movement?
    We don't get defensive because we are bothered by the tea party being composed of mostly white people. Hell, the entire country is composed of mostly white people. Are you bothered by living here?

    We get defensive and annoyed because it doesn't matter and it's a stupid argument to make. Also, many people call tea partiers racist simply because it's a mostly white group. How moronic can you be to even think that?


  10. #330
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    I think largely its a cultural thing. The country is becoming more diverse and changing away from WASP culture more specifically, which is generally going to mean white people will be upset since they are quite well represented in that demographic.


    I for one love the diversity, the food man, the FOOD! damn me and my racist ways.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 33 of 81 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •