View Poll Results: What is the Tea Party to America?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good!

    42 48.84%
  • Good but Looney

    6 6.98%
  • Neutral.... no harm and no good

    2 2.33%
  • Negative and Looney

    24 27.91%
  • Flat out Disgusting!

    2 2.33%
  • People that are Very secure financially that dont understand reality!

    5 5.81%
  • I make love to the Papaya!

    5 5.81%
Page 29 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 802

Thread: The Tea Party Is.....

  1. #281
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Ahhh yes...the old "gravitas" crap

    So redress, if you make 3000 a month how long can you soend 6000 before your world crashes?

    Simple question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    My worst nightmare involves snakes. People with overly simplistic views on economics getting power in barely in the top 5.
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  2. #282
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,333
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    Ahhh yes...the old "gravitas" crap

    So redress, if you make 3000 a month how long can you soend 6000 before your world crashes?

    Simple question.
    This is exactly what I am talking about actually. Overly simplistic views of the economy. Hint: the country is not a private individual.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #283
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    I know exactly what you are talking about

    Nope, it is made up of a SERIES of individuals...Macro economics consists of the totality of Micro....

    How much should we "take" from the Rich...and just "who" are they.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This is exactly what I am talking about actually. Overly simplistic views of the economy. Hint: the country is not a private individual.
    Last edited by Amazed; 04-11-11 at 09:43 PM.
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  4. #284
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,138

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    interesting that those who oppose it are unable to do so without denigrating it...

  5. #285
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,333
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    I know exactly what you are talking about

    Nope, it is made up of a SERIES of individuals...Macro economics consists of the totality of Micro....

    How much should we "take" from the Rich...and just "who" are they.
    Hey look, now you are busy trying to assign my arguments to me. Not going to play that game.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #286
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,333
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    interesting that those who oppose it are unable to do so without denigrating it...
    Is explaining why I disagree with Tea Partiers denigrating them? Would that not mean that your explaining why you disagree with liberal positions means you are denigrating them?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #287
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oaxaca, Mexico
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 09:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,579

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Negative and looney would describe Democrats.

  8. #288
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    I've been told they are extreme.
    Tea Part ="extremist"

    Donald Trump="McCarthyism"

  9. #289
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    What I find interesting from the poll results, taken from the actual poll page: The Winston Group Behind the Headlines: What’s driving the Tea Party Movement?
    Seems about what I expect. While I would never call the Republican a "Republican" movement I absolutely would call it a Conservative one. It doesn't surprise me that its primarily made up of more Conservatives than moderates and especially liberals. I'm also not surprised that most have a favorable opinion of Conservatives in congress, especially for a poll taking post the January.

    There's a large difference between suggesting that the Tea Party's membership with regards to party affiliation has a large non-Republican segment and suggesting that the Tea Party's membership with regards to political ideology is largely conservative. I would definitely say the majority of its appeal is towards those who lean right to some degree.

  10. #290
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,456
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Sure it does. You're engaging in an activity that has the chance to allow your body to become attached to another living organism. Its entirely your choice to engage in such an act or take such a risk.
    So what you're saying is that if I get a tapeworm from eating sushi that I have to live with it because I knew that was a possibility.

    You do understand that technically a fetus is a parasite, defined as an organism?

    Just thought the other side of the debate should come in.

    And I have a serious problem with people demanding every child be born with one breath and demanding that every program that supports children be cut with the next.

    Being able to think of two things at the same time sure isn't common in political discourse.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

Page 29 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •