View Poll Results: What is the Tea Party to America?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good!

    42 48.84%
  • Good but Looney

    6 6.98%
  • Neutral.... no harm and no good

    2 2.33%
  • Negative and Looney

    24 27.91%
  • Flat out Disgusting!

    2 2.33%
  • People that are Very secure financially that dont understand reality!

    5 5.81%
  • I make love to the Papaya!

    5 5.81%
Page 28 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 802

Thread: The Tea Party Is.....

  1. #271
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,187

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    I make love to the Papaya!

    The Tea Party is quickly being absorbed into the Republican party. Ever notice how there are no "Tea Party" challengers in Democratic primaries?

  2. #272
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,359

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Smaller government, less spending and lower taxes? Sounds good to me.


  3. #273
    Advisor ADG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Purple Mountains Majesty
    Last Seen
    07-02-11 @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    399

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Responding to the OP, I would say the Tea Party is good. It is good because it is a sign of citizens voicing their greivances against their government. Can you think of some countries that would not tolerate this at all? Just look at the Arab Spring movements to get an idea on how some governments deal with citizen activism.

    Having said that, I will say that the Tea Party seems to have evolved since 2009 when it first came onto the national stage. I remember hearing of the initial protest and agreeing partially with the message. We panty-waist liberals typically don't like war, so we had been yelling about the cost of Iraq and Afganistan for years. And some pundits like Rachel Maddow and Thom Hartmann harped on the rising deficit since before Bush was elected. Now, it does seem that the Tea Party, at least for members in congress, are struggling with the established GOP members for their say in the legislative process. I think it is fair to say that there is a power struggle inside congress and it is unclear who is winning.

    The other change I see is that the Tea Party began as a largely grass root mission, but I think it has been co-opted by those with other agenda's in mind, like the Koch Bro. and Dick Armey.
    "Action expresses priorities."
    ~Mohandas Gandhi

  4. #274
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ADG View Post
    Responding to the OP, I would say the Tea Party is good. It is good because it is a sign of citizens voicing their greivances against their government. Can you think of some countries that would not tolerate this at all? Just look at the Arab Spring movements to get an idea on how some governments deal with citizen activism.

    Having said that, I will say that the Tea Party seems to have evolved since 2009 when it first came onto the national stage. I remember hearing of the initial protest and agreeing partially with the message. We panty-waist liberals typically don't like war, so we had been yelling about the cost of Iraq and Afganistan for years. And some pundits like Rachel Maddow and Thom Hartmann harped on the rising deficit since before Bush was elected. Now, it does seem that the Tea Party, at least for members in congress, are struggling with the established GOP members for their say in the legislative process. I think it is fair to say that there is a power struggle inside congress and it is unclear who is winning.

    The other change I see is that the Tea Party began as a largely grass root mission, but I think it has been co-opted by those with other agenda's in mind, like the Koch Bro. and Dick Armey.
    In my opinion youve hit on many true points.

  5. #275
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    If you read the Wsj/NBC poll results it goes far beyond simple fiscal issues. It attracts REPUBLICANS first and foremost and they make up the vast majority of the group.
    Socker, the STRONG supports of the Tea Parties are the more conservative. Who would've thought.

    However those that simply identify with the group? 57% best identify with Republicans. The other 43% are Democrats or Independents.

    Yes, a CONSERVATIVE movement is more likely to attract people from the major CONSERVATIVE political party in this country. That doesn't change the fact that more than a third of the Tea Party is made up of non-Republicans.

  6. #276
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:42 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,355
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Socker, the STRONG supports of the Tea Parties are the more conservative. Who would've thought.

    However those that simply identify with the group? 57% best identify with Republicans. The other 43% are Democrats or Independents.

    Yes, a CONSERVATIVE movement is more likely to attract people from the major CONSERVATIVE political party in this country. That doesn't change the fact that more than a third of the Tea Party is made up of non-Republicans.
    What I find interesting from the poll results, taken from the actual poll page: The Winston Group Behind the Headlines: What’s driving the Tea Party Movement?

    Tea party identifies as conservative: 65 %
    Overall conservative: 33 %

    Tea party identifies as moderate: 26 %
    Overall moderate: 45 %

    Tea party identifies as liberal: 8 %
    Overall liberal: 20 %

    Conservatives make up 2/3 of the tea party, about double their national rate, while moderates and liberals are significantly lower represented in the tea party than national average.

    Also, tea party favorable opinion of republicans in congress, 57 %, versus 39 % overall.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #277
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,911

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    How being liberal entails spending that isn't viable I do not understand.
    Because socialist economics doesnt work in an capitalist economy... actually doesn't work in any economy.

  8. #278
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,074

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Socker, the STRONG supports of the Tea Parties are the more conservative. Who would've thought.

    However those that simply identify with the group? 57% best identify with Republicans. The other 43% are Democrats or Independents.

    Yes, a CONSERVATIVE movement is more likely to attract people from the major CONSERVATIVE political party in this country. That doesn't change the fact that more than a third of the Tea Party is made up of non-Republicans.
    it simply renders them as irrelevant and powerless compared to the vast majority of GOP zealots.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #279
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    We are your worst nightmare, we understand what's going on we aren't going to let either side get away with it anymore.
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  10. #280
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:42 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,355
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    We are your worst nightmare, we understand what's going on we aren't going to let either side get away with it anymore.
    My worst nightmare involves snakes. People with overly simplistic views on economics getting power in barely in the top 5.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 28 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •