View Poll Results: What is the Tea Party to America?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good!

    42 48.84%
  • Good but Looney

    6 6.98%
  • Neutral.... no harm and no good

    2 2.33%
  • Negative and Looney

    24 27.91%
  • Flat out Disgusting!

    2 2.33%
  • People that are Very secure financially that dont understand reality!

    5 5.81%
  • I make love to the Papaya!

    5 5.81%
Page 18 of 81 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 802

Thread: The Tea Party Is.....

  1. #171
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    And the tea party movement is a largely conservative movement. Nothing wrong with pointing that out.

    The issue is when you start talking about specific portiosn of it. The Anti-war movement isn't about environmentalism, and the Tea Party movement isn't about social conservatism.
    There is nothing wrong with pointing out that anti-war types tend to support pro-environmental issue candidates. Again, it is part of the package. The anti-war movement is largely a liberal group, and that carries some baggage with it. If they support candidates with positions other than "war is bad", then it is not unfair to point out that they support candidates who support those other issues. That is part of the cost of supporting specific candidates.

    Contrast it to what some groups do, which is grade candidates by how well they represent whatever issue the group represents, but does not actually support candidates.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #172
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    That is your belief and you are entitled to it. However, under the same logic foreigners are not citizens either so are they not under the protection of the will of the people in our country?
    If they aren't here by Visas, then they are illegal and thus they have no rights that are protected by our Constitution.

    Is citizenship the only thing that should determine that a life is valuable and protected? Other's believe that the Constitution promotes Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness and that abortion is the ending of life (of the unborn), liberty (of the unborn), and the pursuit of happiness (of the unborn) and that abortion violates the Constitution.
    People are entitled to believe what they want to believe but they are not entitlted to violate another individaul's rights simply to protect the rights of someone who is not even recognized under law simply because they believe they should have rights. If you want to change it then amend the Constitution.

  3. #173
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Again, as I ask in a previous post, are you suggesting Libertarians are fine with foriegners being murdered because they're not citizens? That there is some mandatory philosophical point of libertarianism that believes rights extend only to citizens?
    Why would a libertarian wish to kill another individual if that individual was not messing with the libertarian?

  4. #174
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,470

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    that requires a DNR, or brain death.





    3rd trimester? 2nd trimester?
    Minors don't have DNR orders... it's up to their parent/guardian to decide.

    zygote, embryo... early stage fetus..

    Most abortions occur between 4 to 8 weeks... I don't have a problem with that..

  5. #175
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,944

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    As to the poll question, the Tea Party is ultimately good for America as it helped to focus the last set of elections on fiscal issues and fiscal responsability and continue to push it that direction. I imagine as a movement it will die down either when:

    1. We get into a good financial situation in this country (not soon)
    2. We have a government primarily made up of conservatives
    3. We have a strong public swing against fiscal conservatism
    4. We have those that were elected in with tea party backing not living up to expectations

    I think instance one is unlikely to happen very soon. I think issue two is possible and will end up largely like the anti-war movement under Obama, it will still be present but the coverage and focus will be less and the outrage will be less (human nature, see numerous other posts I've made). Issue three is possible as casual political observers make up the largest portion of the voting base I believe which leads to an easy shifting of the sands about what's the hot button topic of choice. Issue four will likely result in a short intense ramp up followed by it mostly going the way side.

    I think once it reaches one of the above points it'll either go out with a wimper and stay on the back burner, ala the anti-war movement, or it may be hijacked and used for other purposes as a niche thing ala the feminist movement.

  6. #176
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Mostly tea partiers seems to make the association of white=racist. Rev won't even admit that he belongs to a movement comprised mostly of dissatisfied white people.
    What would be wrong with that if it were true? Would a I be racist if I was a member of a group comprised of mostly dissatisfied black people? Would that make the group racist?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  7. #177
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,953

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    If they aren't here by Visas, then they are illegal and thus they have no rights that are protected by our Constitution.
    So it's ok for people to kill illegal immigrants? Is it ok for the military to go oversees and target innocent civilians and kill them because they aren't protected by our Constitution? So unless a human life has a file in some bureaucratic office proving that the life is under the US Constitution as a legal citizen or as a visa holding immigrant that the life is invalid and worthy of death at the elective decision of another?
    People are entitled to believe what they want to believe but they are not entitlted to violate another individaul's rights simply to protect the rights of someone who is not even recognized under law simply because they believe they should have rights. If you want to change it then amend the Constitution.
    I would support that, however I believe the current form of the Constitution protects human life in the fetal stages. If we believe that gays should have the right to marry do we need to amend the Constitution? It's silent on marriage and sexuality, so is an amendment required to make gay marriage federally legal and recognized?
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  8. #178
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    So it's ok for people to kill illegal immigrants?
    This is an outrageous statement to make. Are you assuming that if we don't have laws protecting illegal immigrants from being murdered that people will just start killing them for the fun of it?

  9. #179
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,944

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I actually don't think this statement isn't going to help you look or sound less racist...
    Huh? What did I say that was racist? I thought we established earlier in this thread that pointing out the makeup of individuals in a group isn't racist or race baiting?!

    Most of the statistics I have seen say that whites are a higher % of welfare recipients.
    Really? The states you just posted say 61.2% of all welfare recipients are minorities.

    Say.......you didn't get incredibly touchy and start trying to disprove my statement while claiming racism just because I happened to point out the makeup of a group now did you?

  10. #180
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,953

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    This is an outrageous statement to make. Are you assuming that if we don't have laws protecting illegal immigrants from being murdered that people will just start killing them for the fun of it?
    No, what I'm saying is that your point that "If they aren't here by Visas, then they are illegal and thus they have no rights that are protected by our Constitution." And that " the unborn do not attain citizenship and thus the protection of the will of the people, until they are born." Would also mean that it's ok to kill illegal immigrants because they are not protected under our Constitution (in your words) and just like a fetus isn't, that it's ok to kill them electively just like with an abortion?
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

Page 18 of 81 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •