View Poll Results: What is the Tea Party to America?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good!

    42 48.84%
  • Good but Looney

    6 6.98%
  • Neutral.... no harm and no good

    2 2.33%
  • Negative and Looney

    24 27.91%
  • Flat out Disgusting!

    2 2.33%
  • People that are Very secure financially that dont understand reality!

    5 5.81%
  • I make love to the Papaya!

    5 5.81%
Page 14 of 81 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 802

Thread: The Tea Party Is.....

  1. #131
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Me personally, no, I am not against it, but not by the methods of the Tea Party, who seem to feel that it is something easy to do. It's not, and it's not something we should do all at once.


    I think when you have a people pushing for something, you have to be extreme before the government will act in your interests.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  2. #132
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I don't think it's a wart either... but I think outlawing abortion just creates more problems


    I see your point which is why I say we have to change societies perceptives, that said, I cant stand by and say nothing of the slaughter.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  3. #133
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    25,974

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    So the Anti-War movement is actually the Anti-War, Pro Environmentalism, Pro-Gun Control, Pro-Choice movement since some of the candidates it supported in 2006 talked about those things as well?

    Wow, I didn't realize when someone yelled "No blood for oil" they were really going "No blood for oil, no assult rifles for citizens, no chopping down a tree, no restricting a womans right to snuff out that mistake she made!"

    Phew, who knew they could pack so much into a simple 4 word slogan.
    The anti war movement is all of those things in general, they are just radically anti war...

  4. #134
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-23-18 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,409

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Right, and the body inside the woman, is a living human being. Tell me how killing that baby is pro-libertarian?
    Perfectly valid argument. We simply remove the fetus body from the mother's body. That way we are respecting property rights.

  5. #135
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Perfectly valid argument. We simply remove the fetus body from the mother's body.



    depriving the child of its most sacred liberty its life. FAIL.



    Also the anti-tea party mouthfoamers love to call it a rich movement, Shocked no ones tried that retrread yet.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  6. #136
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    The anti war movement is all of those things in general, they are just radically anti war...


    and mostly white
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  7. #137
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    49,531

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    The Tea Party is a movement against expanding government and federal spending. Since most of those that feed off welfare are minorities its serves to reason that most Tea Partiers are White since its counter productive to protest the government to take away your income.

    Welfare receiptients by and large are a group of disatisfied non-white people.
    Last edited by Zyphlin; 04-11-11 at 03:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWonka View Post
    In fact, I would wager to you that within 10 years of today's date that stupid MAGA hat will be registered as a symbol of hate on par with a Swastika.

  8. #138
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    25,974

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    the unborn is the living. I dont see which side of the womb as a reason for "you don't count".
    They are living... and so are people when their families decide to turn off their life support systems. I don't think that that should be illegal either...

    The fact is, the unborn does not suffer any more than that once walking, breathing person did before they were on life support, when their support system is turned off. The only people suffering from abortion are pro lifers...

  9. #139
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    96,163

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    I just love it when one True Believer libertarian tells another True Believer libertarian that they are not really libertarian.

    from the rev

    Also the anti-tea party mouthfoamers love to call it a rich movement
    throwing out your own strawmen now.... impressive.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #140
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,301

    Re: The Tea Party Is.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I haven't argued even once in this thread that the tea party is racist or even racially motivated. All I have done is point out that the tea party is mostly dissatisfied white people and a movement consisting mostly of white people. I have no problem with that fact, but a lot of the tea party people in this thread are uber defensive about the fact that they belong to a group that is mostly white.

    Furthermore, when you provide a video that the sole purpose of using a black person because they are black then that is using them as a token. Every adverstiser does the same thing to attract more people of more diverstiy. I have not ascribed any label of racism to it.

    The fun here is that simply by mentioning race next to "tea party" calls up a defensive reaction, regardless of whether anyone makes any accusations of racism.
    People have a problem with that because many will imply that majority white=racist.

    My video was made to ask African Americans what they thought about Olberman's comments regarding African Americans and the Tea Party. It wasn't made to say "look a black guy! We aren't racist."
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

Page 14 of 81 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •