View Poll Results: Would you favor a law banning burqas in the United States?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    109 56.77%
  • No

    78 40.63%
  • Other

    5 2.60%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 115

Thread: Would you favor a law banning burqas in the United States?

  1. #91
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: Would you favor a law banning burqas in the United States?

    What's the matter with you people? Why all the anger towards Arab women, that's what they are, you know, Arabs who happen to have a religion called Muslim. What you're really doing, and you don't even know you're doing it, is regurgitating the long time antagonism between Christians and Arabs, dating back to the first crusade... Didn't realize there were so many avenging Christians out there.

    ricksfolly

  2. #92
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Would you favor a law banning burqas in the United States?

    The tea-bagging conservatives must have "participated" heavily in this poll, but with their spamming and stupidity....
    That we respect one's religion and freedoms(most of the time) !! is what makes our nation great..

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Would you favor a law banning burqas in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    What's the matter with you people? Why all the anger towards Arab women, that's what they are, you know, Arabs who happen to have a religion called Muslim. What you're really doing, and you don't even know you're doing it, is regurgitating the long time antagonism between Christians and Arabs, dating back to the first crusade... Didn't realize there were so many avenging Christians out there.

    ricksfolly
    Ok, well I don't feel that way at all. I live in the downtown and people just can't go around that can't be identified in a line up. I would feel completely differently if this was mandated by her religion. It is not.

    But I love all the world's beautiful beautiful people. They are all precious miracles.

    I think they should try being more American because American girls have more fun.

  4. #94
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,893

    Re: Would you favor a law banning burqas in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    Ok, well I don't feel that way at all. I live in the downtown and people just can't go around that can't be identified in a line up. I would feel completely differently if this was mandated by her religion. It is not.

    But I love all the world's beautiful beautiful people. They are all precious miracles.

    I think they should try being more American because American girls have more fun.
    Just how does one "be more American"?
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Would you favor a law banning burqas in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Here you go

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Oh dear lord
    The correct phrase is...

    GREAT SCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

  6. #96
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Would you favor a law banning burqas in the United States?

    So 55% say "YES".
    Thank goodness that our law-makers (most of them) are smarter than their constituents.

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Would you favor a law banning burqas in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    Just how does one "be more American"?
    I dig a french bikini on Hawaii island

    I saw two coupkes walking to Easter mass. The men were in the front the women in the back. All dressed for church. It was so Norman Rockwell.

    Ya try to be more Norman Rockwell to be more American. Or more Beach Boys.

  8. #98
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Would you favor a law banning burqas in the United States?

    Have you people seen how damn ugly most of these women are? Are you that big of a rights taking con that you want to see these ugly women? I'm sure tho if the question was to ban baggy jeans or witty graphic tees or something else you hate youngsters and others that aren't you do you would want to ban those things also.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Would you favor a law banning burqas in the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    Have you people seen how damn ugly most of these women are? Are you that big of a rights taking con that you want to see these ugly women? I'm sure tho if the question was to ban baggy jeans or witty graphic tees or something else you hate youngsters and others that aren't you do you would want to ban those things also.
    Yeah, I don't like those pants on the ground look. It seems people want to look as unemployable as possible. But when they rob me I can identify them in a lineup.

  10. #100
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Would you favor a law banning burqas in the United States?

    So a woman with a bunch of **** on top of her head is gonna rob you?
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •