View Poll Results: Will Obama get a second term?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 50.00%
  • No

    28 50.00%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 52

Thread: Will Obama get a second term?

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Will Obama get a second term?

    Why do so many people think Jimmy Carter--Back in Black........is going to get a third term?

    .........I guess it only makes 652 days from now that much sweeter......seeing Barack and Moochelle leaving the Whitehouse.
    .
    .
    .

  2. #42
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Will Obama get a second term?

    Yes he'll be reelected, because people in this country love to be punished.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #43
    Advisor DontDoIt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois, Land of Liberals
    Last Seen
    11-22-15 @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    391

    Re: Will Obama get a second term?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Who knows why you used a chart that only went up to 5 months ago, but the unemployment rate has come down another point since then.

    Currently, the unemployment rate is up 13% on Obama's watch. While that's not good, it's better than every Republican president since Hoover after their first 26 months in office:
    The fact that you truly think unemployment has actually went down is hysterical.
    "It is a sad day in society when people adjust the facts to fit their beliefs, rather than adjust their beliefs to fit the facts."
    Libertarian/Conservative/Christian Beliefs

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Will Obama get a second term?

    Quote Originally Posted by DontDoIt View Post

    The fact that you truly think unemployment has actually went down is hysterical.
    Not as funny as you revealing to the forum that you think unemployment went up since then. Where do you get your "facts" from?

    The Bureau of Labor Statistics' unemployment figures indicate there were 943,000 fewer unemployed last month than in December, 2010:


    BLS.gov: Unemployment Level

    Subtract 395,000 from that which is the number of people dropping out of the labor force over that same period:

    BLS.gov: Not in Labor Force

    And that leaves us with a grand total of 548,000 fewer unemployed than last December. Given that, the better question becomes -- how were you under the delusion that unemployment increased following the period badmutha omitted from the chart he posted?

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    01-18-13 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: Will Obama get a second term?

    Jimmy Carter lost, America won.

    George HW Bush lost, America lost.

    Obama is worse than either of those two, and his ability to damage the country is undiminished. There's some discussion on putting troops in Libya after Obama started America's first ever and hopefully only three front war. He does that, he's gone.

    What a second Obama presidency hinges on are the stupidity of the voters in the US, something the Democrats have relied on for decades, the ability of the Republicans in the House to stop the damage Obama has done to the economy, and the ability of the media to protect the liberal candidate from honest questions.

    So, chances are good that the third worst president the US has ever had might be able to get another turn at wrecking the place. All he needs to do for now is keep granting exemptions that ridiculous socialised medicine law he pushed and signed, and hope the media won't cover them.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    05-04-11 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,086

    Re: Will Obama get a second term?

    I hope not

  7. #47
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Will Obama get a second term?

    I chose No, but I chose no to a clinton second term too, actually I said no to clinton winning his first term...I felt the pain

  8. #48
    Advisor DontDoIt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois, Land of Liberals
    Last Seen
    11-22-15 @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    391

    Re: Will Obama get a second term?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Not as funny as you revealing to the forum that you think unemployment went up since then. Where do you get your "facts" from?

    The Bureau of Labor Statistics' unemployment figures indicate there were 943,000 fewer unemployed last month than in December, 2010:


    BLS.gov: Unemployment Level

    [COLORce="blue"]Subtract 395,000 from that which is the number of people dropping out of the labor force over that same period:[/COLOR]

    BLS.gov: Not in Labor Force


    And that leaves us with a grand total of 548,000 fewer unemployed than last December. Given that, the better question becomes -- how were you under the delusion that unemployment increased following the period badmutha omitted from the chart he posted?
    Anyone that follows politics should know how misconceiving the unemployment stats are, and how rigged they are in order to make it appear politicians are doing there job...about like February when only 36,000 jobs were added but unemployment allegedly fell .4 points? Tell me how that even remotely makes since, beings how it take around 150,000 new jobs a month just to keep the rate steady?

    My point is, is the number are staggered to favor either party. The only reason the numbers "fell" for instance in that month was because 500,000 workers dropped out of the work and the government merely rules them as not being able to work since there are "no jobs"...they just exclude them. Less people to calculate into the equation = lower unemployment.

    Unemployment falls to 9 percent; only 36,000 new jobs added - San Jose Mercury News

    Although still far off from "true unemployment" ...this is an un-biased point I am making, I'm not making it because I don't like Obama.

    Gallup Finds U.S. Unemployment at 10.2% in Mid-March ....a little closer toward the actual unemployment number
    Last edited by DontDoIt; 04-12-11 at 03:21 AM.
    "It is a sad day in society when people adjust the facts to fit their beliefs, rather than adjust their beliefs to fit the facts."
    Libertarian/Conservative/Christian Beliefs

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Will Obama get a second term?

    Quote Originally Posted by DontDoIt View Post

    Anyone that follows politics should know how misconceiving the unemployment stats are, and how rigged they are in order to make it appear politicians are doing there job...about like February when only 36,000 jobs were added but unemployment allegedly fell .4 points? Tell me how that even remotely makes since, beings how it take around 150,000 new jobs a month just to keep the rate steady?
    It's absurd to give a Gallup poll more credence for the unemployment rate than the Bureau of Labor Statistics. For one thing, the BLS utilizes two methods to calculate employment; for another, the household survey data method polls up to 60,000 households per month, compared to Gallup's 18,000; also, unlike the BLS, Gallup doesn't seasonally adjust their rate; and lastly, Gallup's one method doesn't match either of the BLS's two methods. Now while you claim you're being unbiased, I can't help but feel you are since you're looking for polls that present the worst data instead of relying on the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

    All that aside, I addressed your concern about the unemployment rate not accounting for people falling out of the labor force by including those numbers. I subtracted the number of people no longer in the work force from those who became unemployed and the number was still a drop in unemployment by more than million.


    Quote Originally Posted by DontDoIt View Post

    My point is, is the number are staggered to favor either party. The only reason the numbers "fell" for instance in that month was because 500,000 workers dropped out of the work and the government merely rules them as not being able to work since there are "no jobs"...they just exclude them. Less people to calculate into the equation = lower unemployment.

    Unemployment falls to 9 percent; only 36,000 new jobs added - San Jose Mercury News
    First of all, I can't explain how you didn't notice that the numbers I gave you included the number of people who dropped out of the work force. Secondly, where are you getting that figure that 500,000 people dropped out of the work force in February? That number is 87,000:

    BLS.gov: Not in Labor Force

  10. #50
    Advisor DontDoIt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois, Land of Liberals
    Last Seen
    11-22-15 @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    391

    Re: Will Obama get a second term?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    It's absurd to give a Gallup poll more credence for the unemployment rate than the Bureau of Labor Statistics. For one thing, the BLS utilizes two methods to calculate employment; for another, the household survey data method polls up to 60,000 households per month, compared to Gallup's 18,000; also, unlike the BLS, Gallup doesn't seasonally adjust their rate; and lastly, Gallup's one method doesn't match either of the BLS's two methods. Now while you claim you're being unbiased, I can't help but feel you are since you're looking for polls that present the worst data instead of relying on the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

    All that aside, I addressed your concern about the unemployment rate not accounting for people falling out of the labor force by including those numbers. I subtracted the number of people no longer in the work force from those who became unemployed and the number was still a drop in unemployment by more than million.



    First of all, I can't explain how you didn't notice that the numbers I gave you included the number of people who dropped out of the work force. Secondly, where are you getting that figure that 500,000 people dropped out of the work force in February? That number is 87,000:

    BLS.gov: Not in Labor Force
    There was a big thread on it back in February on here, I couldn't find it, I'll look here in a minute, but there was reportedly around 500,000 jobs lost in February which "dropped out of the working force, and was considered no longer looking for work"

    The Employment Disappearing Act: Where Did 500,000 Jobs Go? - WhatTheyThink
    Unemployment Rate Drops to 9% (if you believe it) but 504,000 drop out of the labor force | Scotty Starnes's Blog
    January 2011 Unemployment Rate Drops Due to Labor Force Drop of 504,000, Not Due to People Finding Jobs | Grownup Economics
    "It is a sad day in society when people adjust the facts to fit their beliefs, rather than adjust their beliefs to fit the facts."
    Libertarian/Conservative/Christian Beliefs

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •