View Poll Results: Defund NPR and PBS!

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • I agree!

    63 51.64%
  • I disagree.

    59 48.36%
Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 519

Thread: De-fund NPR and PBS

  1. #351
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    I'd consider public media to be "socialistic", which is good as it benefits those who are trying to escape poverty.
    Those mired in a poor state will benefit very little as they prefer garbage(commercial) TV and entertainment...
    Why do the conservatives fear NPR so ?
    That the people may learn the truth ?

  2. #352
    Devourer of Poor Children
    DrunkenAsparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DC
    Last Seen
    01-20-16 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,496

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    So now you're comparing pornography -- which legally can't be played on the public airwaves -- to news programming.

    Congratulations on raising the bar on this discussion.
    No, I'm using an extreme example to prove a point. I put something on the TV that many feel is objectionable (of course there will be stronger feelings toward this than biased news reporting). IT does not matter if there is far more universally accepted programming. The hour of XXX is going to cause outrage, and for good reason.
    "Doubleplusungood"

    George Orwell

  3. #353
    Devourer of Poor Children
    DrunkenAsparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DC
    Last Seen
    01-20-16 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,496

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    About NPR: Public Radio Finances

    What portion of PBS funding comes from the federal government? - Quora

    NPR gets less than 6% of its funding from state, local, and federal governments. PBS gets a little higher than 12%. Keeping the subsidies are not going to make us debt slaves to China, but eliminating subsidies are not going to kill Big Bird.
    "Doubleplusungood"

    George Orwell

  4. #354
    Advisor DontDoIt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois, Land of Liberals
    Last Seen
    11-22-15 @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    391

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Where exactly do people expect to start at when anytime someone proposes a damn cut anymore it always gets the excuse "it's minimal to the budget". If you're so damn supportive of the thing make a damn donation.
    "It is a sad day in society when people adjust the facts to fit their beliefs, rather than adjust their beliefs to fit the facts."
    Libertarian/Conservative/Christian Beliefs

  5. #355
    Guru
    cAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,928
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by DontDoIt View Post
    Where exactly do people expect to start at when anytime someone proposes a damn cut anymore it always gets the excuse "it's minimal to the budget". If you're so damn supportive of the thing make a damn donation.
    Well and the argument kinda works either way (which implies its mootness doesn't it?) as you can easily say:

    Since the amount the government funds PRI is such a small amount of PRI's total budget, then wheres the problem with the idea that we can save the government money and let the private sector take up the slack.

  6. #356
    Guru
    cAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,928
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Thus the point for me is:

    We need to save money as a government MUCH more than we need to give PRI the small amount of it's budget we give it.

    It is important for our children that we don't spend money we don't have.

    Even if it is on Big Bird. He could use a bit less seed anyway by the looks of him.

  7. #357
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by DontDoIt View Post
    Where exactly do people expect to start at when anytime someone proposes a damn cut anymore it always gets the excuse "it's minimal to the budget". If you're so damn supportive of the thing make a damn donation.
    You have to take into account the liberal mind numb mind........and the fact that they cant even bring themselves to cut a cowboy poetry contest......much less the funding for DNC TV/RADIO. Its like the Democrat voter facing foreclosure when Obama didnt pay her mortgage.......who insists on paying $300 to Dish Network and $100 to Sirius.

    Libtards will claim that cutting (insert any number) million isnt significant....or billion....and it should be the big budget items that receive a trimming.

    .........of course to even whisper about cutting the wellstones of Social Security or Medicare gurantees the loudest collective whine audible to the human ear......from Democrats across the country. They cant cut anything, and they cant stop inventing new ways to spend money.....all Democrat roads lead to Bankruptcy, USA and only Bankruptcy, USA.
    .
    .
    .

  8. #358
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Since I can't do that, I'm sticking with the fact that it does what it is supposed to do, and as such should be left the heck alone.
    Example #3,345: They cant even cut a cowboy poetry contest
    .
    .
    .

  9. #359
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    No, I'm using an extreme example to prove a point. I put something on the TV that many feel is objectionable (of course there will be stronger feelings toward this than biased news reporting). IT does not matter if there is far more universally accepted programming. The hour of XXX is going to cause outrage, and for good reason.
    I'm not going to take you seriously when you compare pornography to news programming.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  10. #360
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by DontDoIt View Post
    Where exactly do people expect to start at when anytime someone proposes a damn cut anymore it always gets the excuse "it's minimal to the budget". If you're so damn supportive of the thing make a damn donation.
    If I could, I would. Back before I had a wife and two kids to support, I did donate.

    ETA: If you're serious about making meaningful budget cuts, you start with bigger pieces of the pie. Public broadcasting funding is something like 0.002% of the Federal budget.
    Last edited by TacticalEvilDan; 03-21-11 at 10:51 PM.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •