View Poll Results: Defund NPR and PBS!

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • I agree!

    63 51.64%
  • I disagree.

    59 48.36%
Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 519

Thread: De-fund NPR and PBS

  1. #301
    Clown Prince of Politics
    Psychoclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hiding from the voices in my head.
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 09:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,738

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    It struck me that maybe the Cons just don't want people to be able to read.

    Critical thinking does prevent one from becoming a tea partier.
    And two functioning brain cells keep one from becoming a left wing hack who specializes in worthless drive by posts on political forums. See how easy it is to play this game
    Slipping into madness is good for the sake of comparison - Unknown.

  2. #302
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    Hey if you dont want to stand with the Most Intelligent and Successful people in this country......

    ......the Democrat Party will gladly have you.
    Hmm...last I saw, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, George Soros, etc. weren't proclaiming their love of the Tea Party. Unless you want to argue they aren't among the most intelligent and successful people in the country

    In any case, the NY Times article submitted the idea that the average Tea Partier was above the average American. Okay, so what?
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  3. #303
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    One other thing though, I can see people honestly opposing it for non-fiscal reasons if they believe there is a liberal slant, even a slight one. The government funds should not be used to advance one political agenda over another. Now I personally have no idea if the NPR is biased or not and if so, how biased it is. I've never listened to it, and I'm not going to take someone else's word for it. But I do think it's VERY difficult to give any kind of in depth analysis of political issues and events without letting one's own political bias creep in. And if one bias is consistently presented over the other with federal tax dollars, then I would call that that as a problem.
    Unfortunately it barely registers for any bias, this is more about cultural contention than anything else.

  4. #304
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Unfortunately it barely registers for any bias, this is more about cultural contention than anything else.
    Wouldn't bias be judged by those who view the program, it apparently is because many have a problem with NPR, such as myself although for many other reasons as well. It is bias to me but perhaps not to others but I am not going to listen to some pundit or talking head try to convince me otherwise, I see and hear what I see and hear. Then again I suppose it's good to debate and if NPR is agreeable to you and others then by all means fund it through your payroll taxes, but do not force others to fund something they totally disagree with. NPR has some good programming such as Nova etc. but I have also witnessed bias opinion in these programs not all but some.

  5. #305
    Educator Sgt Meowenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    620

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrickt View Post
    Meowenstein: "Try telling that to the majority of Americans who support having a public option or the majority who support the DREAM Act."

    That's hilarious. A majority of Americans. That's wonderful.
    HAHAHAHA Yeah that's soooo hilarious. If by 'hilarious' you mean true. Here you go, champ. Read it and weep (or deny the legitimacy of the polls - whatever you usually do when presented with facts).


    Most in U.S. want public health option: poll | Reuters

    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Most Americans would like to see a "public option" in health insurance reform but doubt anything Congress does will lower costs or improve care in the short term, according to a poll released on Thursday.

    The survey of 2,999 households by Thomson Reuters Corp shows a public skeptical about the cost, quality and accessibility of medical care.

    Just under 60 percent of those surveyed said they would like a public option as part of any final healthcare reform legislation, which Republicans and a few Democrats oppose.
    Poll: 54 percent support DREAM Act – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

    Washington (CNN) - A majority of Americans support a measure that would give legal status to illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. as children if they join the military or go to college, according to a new national survey.

    But a Gallup poll released Friday also indicates wide partisan and generational divides over the issue.
    Fifty-four percent of people questioned in the survey say they would vote for the DREAM Act, which would provide a path to citizenship for thousands of young adults currently living in the country illegally, with 42 percent saying they would vote against the bill and four percent unsure.


  6. #306
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    01-18-13 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Funny, isn't it, that no one is presenting evidence supporting the continued existence of taxpayer funding for NPR?

    Then again, we all know that there's nothing on NPR that isn't either replicated on commercial media or can't be picked up if needed.

    Since NPR serves no unique function, there's no reason for it, even outside of the fact that Constitution does not allow it.

  7. #307
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    01-18-13 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    HAHAHAHA Yeah that's soooo hilarious. If by 'hilarious' you mean true. Here you go, champ. Read it and weep (or deny the legitimacy of the polls - whatever you usually do when presented with facts).
    Wow.

    Phony polls.

    What a surprise.

    Should Mayor Snorkum make the effort to educate the Sgt on the concept of leading questions, selected interest groups, and other forms of poll manipulation?

    Would it be worth the effort to point out that polls showing the opposite are available to counter his?

    Would it be worthwhile to point out that the voters in 2010 made it perfectly plain that their goal is the repeal of that single-payer crap Obama forced upon us which was later declared unconstitutional by the courts?

    No, beyond a certain point it is best to let the easily led be led away.

    W

  8. #308
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    HAHAHAHA Yeah that's soooo hilarious. If by 'hilarious' you mean true. Here you go, champ. Read it and weep (or deny the legitimacy of the polls - whatever you usually do when presented with facts).
    There is but one poll that matters..........the last was conducted on Nov. 2, 2010.....known as The Biggest Political Ass Whooping in History....

    ....and the results of this poll.....





    ....resulted in a majority of Single Payer advocating Democrats and Amnesty loving liberals being tossed out on their ass.......
    .
    .
    .

  9. #309
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayor Snorkum View Post
    Funny, isn't it, that no one is presenting evidence supporting the continued existence of taxpayer funding for NPR?

    Then again, we all know that there's nothing on NPR that isn't either replicated on commercial media or can't be picked up if needed.

    Since NPR serves no unique function, there's no reason for it, even outside of the fact that Constitution does not allow it.
    Go back to the first page, the evidence you won't accept is there in its entirety. Amazing what a 5 minute search on google can do, eh?
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  10. #310
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    01-18-13 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Go back to the first page, the evidence you won't accept is there in its entirety. Amazing what a 5 minute search on google can do, eh?
    Yeah, that was days ago, and those silly things were refuted right off the bat. Since there's no reason to keep NPR, there's no reason to fund it with tax dollars. If others feel NPR can have some unstated purpose, then it can live or die on the free market just like every other radio station.

    Is there some reason all those programs you people claim are so interesting and important can't survive without the corporate subsidies you condemn for private businesses?

Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •