View Poll Results: Defund NPR and PBS!

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • I agree!

    63 51.64%
  • I disagree.

    59 48.36%
Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 519

Thread: De-fund NPR and PBS

  1. #221
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Layla_Z View Post
    I listen to NPR every day. If I miss shows I like, I listen to them as podcasts. I don't watch PBS as often but I just watched it tonight. I have the PBS app on my phone.
    and now for NPR theme



    actually it ain't bad.

  2. #222
    Professor
    Layla_Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,440
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post


    Its a completely unbiased news network.......and a great reason to fleece Taxpayers......
    .
    .
    .
    1995 - really we're going back that far. OK, that was a nasty thing to say but she didn't say it on the station. She also apologized for it. Is she the only public person to say something they shouldn't have? Heck, Glenn Beck does it every day.
    ~Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
    ~I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.
    ~If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?
    George Carlin

  3. #223
    Professor
    Layla_Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,440
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    So how about you and your liberal friends who all just love DNC TV/RADIO support it........and quit relying on the overburdened taxpayers in this country. Our wallets need a break.......thanks!
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Your wallet needs a break from the fraction of a cent that NPR gets? Wow! This idea that PBS/NPR is biased is ridiculous. It's sad when honest truth is considered bias. Both networks build our national culture unlike the other networks who seem more interested in tearing it down. If I hear the name Snookie one more time...
    ~Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
    ~I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.
    ~If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?
    George Carlin

  4. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Layla_Z View Post
    1995 - really we're going back that far. OK, that was a nasty thing to say but she didn't say it on the station. She also apologized for it. Is she the only public person to say something they shouldn't have? Heck, Glenn Beck does it every day.
    Except Glenn Beck isnt a recipient of US Tax dollars......

    .....

    .....is 2 weeks ago sufficient?
    .
    .

  5. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Layla_Z View Post
    Your wallet needs a break from the fraction of a cent that NPR gets? Wow! This idea that PBS/NPR is biased is ridiculous. It's sad when honest truth is considered bias. Both networks build our national culture unlike the other networks who seem more interested in tearing it down. If I hear the name Snookie one more time...
    .....this is why Democrats cant bring themselves to even cut a Cowboy Poetry Contest.......why this country faces massive debt and deficit......why this country is destined for Bankruptcy.....because of this liberal attitude of "Well its only (insert any number) million/billion taxpayer dollars".
    .
    .
    .

  6. #226
    Professor
    Layla_Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,440
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    Except Glenn Beck isn't a recipient of US Tax dollars......

    .....

    .....is 2 weeks ago sufficient?
    .
    .
    First, so what, he thought he was having a private conversation. He is allowed to have and express opinions. He wasn't on the air or even speaking to the public. Second, several reputable news sources have now said that the way the video was edited was dishonest and made his statements sound worse. Last, he and his boss resigned. I didn't think they needed to but that is what honest people do when they have damaged the reputation of their network.

    If you want to find bias, look at the jerk who makes these videos.
    ~Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
    ~I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.
    ~If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?
    George Carlin

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Layla_Z View Post
    First, so what, he thought he was having a private conversation. He is allowed to have and express opinions. He wasn't on the air or even speaking to the public.
    .....and we saw the bias required to command DNC TV/RADIO.....

    Second, several reputable news sources have now said that the way the video was edited was dishonest and made his statements sound worse.
    Yes "reputable" Liberal media outlets who attack any non-Democrat whistleblower....

    Last, he and his boss resigned. I didn't think they needed to but that is what honest people do when they have damaged the reputation of their network.

    If you want to find bias, look at the jerk who makes these videos.
    .......so how would you feel if government was stealing money from you and giving it to O'Keefe?
    .
    .
    .

  8. #228
    Professor
    Layla_Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,440
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    .....this is why Democrats cant bring themselves to even cut a Cowboy Poetry Contest.......why this country faces massive debt and deficit......why this country is destined for Bankruptcy.....because of this liberal attitude of "Well its only (insert any number) million/billion taxpayer dollars".
    .
    .
    .
    Are you kidding me, this country faces massive debt because of NPR and PBS? Really!?! This country has massive debt because of two wars and tax breaks for the richest people. De-funding NPR/PBS would do nothing except make close minded conservatives with their heads up their butts feel better. This is another attack by the right on something they don't like. Why, because they can. That has always been a good enough reason for the ultra conservative right to do anything. I mean really, what jackass wants to take away or even risk damaging Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, or my favorite, Electric Company? NPR is the only sources of unbiased, in-depth news coverage on the radio. Causing these networks to compete with commercial networks would ruin them.
    ~Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
    ~I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.
    ~If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?
    George Carlin

  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Layla_Z View Post
    Are you kidding me, this country faces massive debt because of NPR and PBS? Really!?! This country has massive debt because of two wars and tax breaks for the richest people.
    Wow.....did you hear that on NPR?

    De-funding NPR/PBS would do nothing except make close minded conservatives with their heads up their butts feel better. This is another attack by the right on something they don't like. Why, because they can. That has always been a good enough reason for the ultra conservative right to do anything. I mean really, what jackass wants to take away or even risk damaging Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, or my favorite, Electric Company? NPR is the only sources of unbiased, in-depth news coverage on the radio. Causing these networks to compete with commercial networks would ruin them.
    Of course its ubiased......you can tell by all the bipartisan support going around.
    .
    .
    .

  10. #230
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    I think the things that can be defunded with the least amount of pain, should be. I think thinks like PBS,NPR,NEA fit that category. Others need to be cut a certain percentage even if it will hurt some people. The WIC program and Headstart are two really good proprams that are supposedly getting cut some. This kind of stuff has to be done. I really don't see much sense in just cutting some from the ones that are not needed. Just get rid of them all together.
    I would argue that NPR/PBS serves their communities well and for the tiny cost there is no reason not to continue with some funding. As this thread shows though, it has nothing to do with cutting the budget(since for all intents and purposes, this does not affect the budget), and is all about scoring points.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •