View Poll Results: Defund NPR and PBS!

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • I agree!

    63 51.64%
  • I disagree.

    59 48.36%
Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 519

Thread: De-fund NPR and PBS

  1. #211
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Let's pause the debate for a second. I have a question: Has anyone here listened/watched NPR/PBS within the last, say, two-three weeks?

    I need to know this because some people here have admitted that they listened/watched years ago. If that is the case, then wait until tomorrow and legitimately watch PBS, then get back to me.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  2. #212
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    I'm sorry?.....
    I know. It's okay.






    We better ourselves by holding excellence and intellect in high esteem.

    Our country worships undereducated, semi-literate athletes... and pro-wrestlers.

    A populist movement thriving on anti-intellectualism, lead by people proud not to read.

    PBS and NPR represent a place where art and intellect are preserved. By publicly funding them, we sustain our national integrity and character.
    Last edited by hazlnut; 03-20-11 at 01:19 AM.

  3. #213
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    Let's pause the debate for a second. I have a question: Has anyone here listened/watched NPR/PBS within the last, say, two-three weeks?

    I need to know this because some people here have admitted that they listened/watched years ago. If that is the case, then wait until tomorrow and legitimately watch PBS, then get back to me.
    I just listened to Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me this morning on NPR and Les Miz in Concert last week on PBS.


  4. #214
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS



    Its a completely unbiased news network.......and a great reason to fleece Taxpayers......
    .
    .
    .

  5. #215
    Professor
    Layla_Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,440
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    /facepalm

    Once again, defunding PBS doesn't mean they would be taken off the air. If you'd like to donate to that channel, go for it. Why should everyone be forced to pay for a TV station??

    Look at the crap people do watch and what is provided by the commercial networks. We need NPR/PBS and we need to support it. I send my money. The money saved by defunding them is not worth the risk that they would change.
    ~Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
    ~I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.
    ~If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?
    George Carlin

  6. #216
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Layla_Z View Post
    Look at the crap people do watch and what is provided by the commercial networks. We need NPR/PBS and we need to support it. I send my money. The money saved by defunding them is not worth the risk that they would change.
    NPR is unconstitutional and should be thrown out into the private sector and quit raping me for that dollar they need to attempt to tell me a bunch of bull**** I have no interest in.

  7. #217
    Professor
    Layla_Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,440
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    You realize that just because you see it on the Internet doesn't make it true. You've cited someone's opinion as though it is fact.
    Wow, you dare they encourage children to take good care of the earth. Really, what are they thinking?
    ~Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
    ~I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.
    ~If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?
    George Carlin

  8. #218
    Professor
    Layla_Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,440
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    I'm sorry?.....
    You should be. Apology accepted.
    ~Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
    ~I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.
    ~If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?
    George Carlin

  9. #219
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Layla_Z View Post
    Look at the crap people do watch and what is provided by the commercial networks. We need NPR/PBS and we need to support it. I send my money. The money saved by defunding them is not worth the risk that they would change.
    So how about you and your liberal friends who all just love DNC TV/RADIO support it........and quit relying on the overburdened taxpayers in this country. Our wallets need a break.......thanks!
    .
    .
    .
    .

  10. #220
    Professor
    Layla_Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,440
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    Let's pause the debate for a second. I have a question: Has anyone here listened/watched NPR/PBS within the last, say, two-three weeks?

    I need to know this because some people here have admitted that they listened/watched years ago. If that is the case, then wait until tomorrow and legitimately watch PBS, then get back to me.
    I listen to NPR every day. If I miss shows I like, I listen to them as podcasts. I don't watch PBS as often but I just watched it tonight. I have the PBS app on my phone.
    ~Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
    ~I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.
    ~If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?
    George Carlin

Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •