View Poll Results: Defund NPR and PBS!

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • I agree!

    63 51.64%
  • I disagree.

    59 48.36%
Page 20 of 52 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 519

Thread: De-fund NPR and PBS

  1. #191
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    MSNBC has conservatives on it's payroll. Does that make them not conservative?

    Why does almost every single post you make invoke Soros?
    One conservative? And why is Soros off limits?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #192
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oaxaca, Mexico
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,579

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Tacticalevildan: "Right, because being entirely privately funded has protected CNN, MSNBC and the big three from being constantly accused of liberal bias."

    Are you somehow under the impression the discussion is about protecting NPR's reputation? Don't be silly. They would still have the same bias they already have but taxpayers wouldn't be forced to support them.

    Enemies? Nixon? Noooo, I think you're thinking of the guy who said, "We reward our friends and punish our enemies." Unfortunately, his enemies aren't our enemies. Or maybe it was those folks who whined endlessly about the vast right-wing conspiracy. Remember those folks? And if you want to talk about someone with enemies, real or imagined, consider the new mayor of Chicago.
    Last edited by Patrickt; 03-19-11 at 10:31 PM.

  3. #193
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I disagree, like others have stated, there is a benefit to having news stations that don't have to please their bosses.
    Just curious...does NPR ever have a problem with any Dem policies? Do they ever have a problem with Obama's policies? Or is it only the Republicans and Conservatives who get negative coverage? How are they covering the Unions these days? What kind of coverage does the tea party get?
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  4. #194
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    One conservative? And why is Soros off limits?
    Is it only one? I can think of more than one off the top of my head.

    Why do you have to build those strawmen? Did I say Soros was off limits?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #195
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I remember tuning into NPR while driving through the US. They were discussing healthcare, and the segment focussed in on the Canadian system. I think if more Americans would have tuned in, they would hold a much different opinion on the facets of our system, suchs as our government does not run our healthcare as opposed to just funding it (amongst other interesting tidbits and facts that even educated me about my own system). It was an interesting and informative couple of hours that didn't *GASP* once mention "death panels," and other faulty misconceptions. It's great when a station does not have an agenda. Like Americans, we have our own publicly funded radio (CBC) and if my government decided to scrap it, I would be one of the first on Parliament Hill to protest.
    I bet they also didn't mention the long waiting lists for people to get knee or hip replacements either. I bet they didn't have one negative thing to say about Canadian health care.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  6. #196
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    I bet they also didn't mention the long waiting lists for people to get knee or hip replacements either. I bet they didn't have one negative thing to say about Canadian health care.
    I bet you are making an uninformed guess.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #197
    Professor
    Layla_Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Seen
    05-31-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,440
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Right now Les Miserables is on PBS. How else would this glorious music be accessible to everyone. Listening to it on CD is just not the same. What a loss PBS and NPR would be.
    ~Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
    ~I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.
    ~If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?
    George Carlin

  8. #198
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    I bet they also didn't mention the long waiting lists for people to get knee or hip replacements either. I bet they didn't have one negative thing to say about Canadian health care.
    Rationing is coming anyway. Obama-care or not. We can't go on with continuing to guarantee people any healthcare they need. That's what's killing the budget, and I sincerely doubt that the Republicans have the political will do anything. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm skeptical.

  9. #199
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrickt View Post
    Tacticalevildan: "Right, because being entirely privately funded has protected CNN, MSNBC and the big three from being constantly accused of liberal bias."

    Are you somehow under the impression the discussion is about protecting NPR's reputation? Don't be silly. They would still have the same bias they already have but taxpayers wouldn't be forced to support them.

    Enemies? Nixon? Noooo, I think you're thinking of the guy who said, "We reward our friends and punish our enemies." Unfortunately, his enemies aren't our enemies. Or maybe it was those folks who whined endlessly about the vast right-wing conspiracy. Remember those folks? And if you want to talk about someone with enemies, real or imagined, consider the new mayor of Chicago.
    I'd respond to you, but you obviously didn't read my comments in the context of the post I was replying to.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  10. #200
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I am an American. Always have been. Always will be and proud to be so.

    It is an insult to thinking people to attempt to pretend that Beck and his biases are "pro American". They are pro insanity. They are pro right wing. They are pro nutjob. they are pro whacko. They are pro corporatist.

    None of that is pro American except in the mind of the True Belivers who prostrate themselves before the same perverted and twisted altar Beck worships at.

    They are about as anti-American as one can get and not be waging war against the USA.

    Although come to think of it, he is doing that also.
    I'm with you , Haymarket.
    And at time I was a conservative, a Berry Goldwater conservative.
    Years of seeing things, and thinking changes this.
    But I think I am a social liberal and a fiscal conservative, but that too is changing.

Page 20 of 52 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •