View Poll Results: Defund NPR and PBS!

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • I agree!

    63 51.64%
  • I disagree.

    59 48.36%
Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 519

Thread: De-fund NPR and PBS

  1. #121
    Clown Prince of Politics
    Psychoclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hiding from the voices in my head.
    Last Seen
    11-25-17 @ 12:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,738

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You won't even defund NPR to save money, but you'll probably defund defense all day long and nothing else.
    Is that a liberal strawman you're setting up?
    Slipping into madness is good for the sake of comparison - Unknown.

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    01-18-13 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    The problem is, then it would turn into something like Fox or MSNBC, useless partisan bulls**t. Right now, it maintains a decent amount of objectivity, a load more than the other big "news" agencies put together.
    You must be referring to the left-wing, pro-AGW Hoax bias of NatGeo and the Discovery Channel suite of stations?

    What, anyway, and be precise, is a "right wing" bias on a science documentary? Admission that AGW was a hoax, not reality? Well, since that didn't happen, what, exactly, are you worried about?

    Perhaps you can explain the right wing bias in the show "How It's Made"? Perhaps it's anti-union because it focuses on the player piano aspects of manufacturing, not the piano players?

  3. #123
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    Actually "the children" used to learn all that in school.......

    ......before a bunch of liberal union slobs took over. Anyways if you support PBS so much....start using your wallet.....mine needs a break.
    I would if I had less tax money going to the military-industrial-congressional complex and the war on drugs.
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    01-18-13 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    Then why can't I have my taxpayer's dollars go to NPR instead of to the congressional-military-industrial complex?
    Because tax dollars are collected from EVERYONE, and they're collected at gun point. People who do not wish to have their money wasted on an illegal uncosntitutional government propaganda network are denied their freedom to decline association by the fact that the payment is extracted via taxation, not solicitation.

    Why can't you write your own check? That way the Americans won't be imposed upon by an intrusive government bent on destroying their liberty.

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    01-18-13 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Juiposa View Post
    I don't care about PBS or NPR, other American stations have enough money to run themselves.

    But here in Canada, the CBC is a necessity. If there was no CBC, we'd be quickly over flown with American content and our culture would be completely assimilated in a matters of years.

    So in such a rich country like yours that holds most of the worlds good TV and Radio producers, go ahead, scrap the federal stations. But Canada and other countries need them.

    This isn't about Canada. What you people do is your business.

  6. #126
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayor Snorkum View Post
    Because tax dollars are collected from EVERYONE, and they're collected at gun point. People who do not wish to have their money wasted on an illegal uncosntitutional government propaganda network are denied their freedom to decline association by the fact that the payment is extracted via taxation, not solicitation.

    Why can't you write your own check? That way the Americans won't be imposed upon by an intrusive government bent on destroying their liberty.
    Okay. And that works for dealing with NPR. But what about all the tax dollars that I don't believe in that goes to fund the "war on drugs" that puts teenage pot smokers in jail where they are exposed and damn near forced into gang activity or to pay for no-bid contracts that legislators grant to government contractors who give them the largest campaign donation?

    I mean if you're against taxpayer money going to things we don't believe in, then let's apply it to all the things that we don't believe in.
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    01-18-13 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    Considering how ardently the Founding Fathers favored education and open debate, I think they would much prefer tax-paid informative public radio available to all the social strata of Americans rather than whatever crap brings in ratings that corporations are willing to shovel like slop to the lowest common denominator in order to get enough advertising to sell their consumerist drivel.
    Establish the substantiation of your conclusion by posting information on the newspapers the federal government was authorized to subsidize in the years following the ratification of the Constitution.

    The Founding Fathers DID welcome and encourage heated debate and discussion in the nation's PRIVATELY OWNED media.

    They DID NOT believe the government should fund those media with tax dollars.

    So your argument is like JFK's PT51, completely blown out of the water.

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    01-18-13 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    Okay. And that works for dealing with NPR. But what about all the tax dollars that I don't believe in that goes to fund the "war on drugs" that puts teenage pot smokers in jail where they are exposed and damn near forced into gang activity or to pay for no-bid contracts that legislators grant to government contractors who give them the largest campaign donation?

    I mean if you're against taxpayer money going to things we don't believe in, then let's apply it to all the things that we don't believe in.

    Ah, so now you're introducing yet another non sequitur to continue your defense of NPR.

    Well, the war on drugs is both irrelevant to this issue and personally the Mayor, as all libertarians do, does not believe that the simple possession or use of drugs for recreational purposes should carry any criminal penalties whatsoever, merely certain behaviors currently criminalized with alcohol should also be criminalized when undertaken by those influenced by other chemical substances.

    You're barking up the wrong tree if you're attempting to trap Mayor Snorkum in an inconsistency.

  9. #129
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayor Snorkum View Post
    Establish the substantiation of your conclusion by posting information on the newspapers the federal government was authorized to subsidize in the years following the ratification of the Constitution.

    The Founding Fathers DID welcome and encourage heated debate and discussion in the nation's PRIVATELY OWNED media.

    They DID NOT believe the government should fund those media with tax dollars.

    So your argument is like JFK's PT51, completely blown out of the water.
    And in the Founding Father's day, how many private corporate media conglomerates existed that owned the majority of media outlets?

    The Founding Fathers weren't just against government tyranny. They were against tyranny in general. Whether it came from governments or from private corporate organizations.
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    01-18-13 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: De-fund NPR and PBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    Limbaugh peddles ideas? I think not.
    The creator of the National Bungee Condom commercials has a fount of creativity most citizens can only envy.

Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •