Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 57

Thread: Did the environmentalists of the 20th and 21st centuries end "climate change"?

  1. #1
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Did the environmentalists of the 20th and 21st centuries end "climate change"?

    200 years from now when Americans look back on the 20th and 21st century, will they say that the environmentalists today ended climate change? Let's assume the supposed problem with "climate change" will still be in play in 200 years......people then might say............

    Why didn't those environmentalists do everything they possibly could to end it? Why didn't they ban ALL electricity, ALL gasoline, ALL methane gas if they KNEW that those things are causing climate change? They obviously weren't REALLY concerned about the Earth or they would've completely eliminated any and all poisons on our Earth.

    The 20th and 21st century environmentalists were just a bunch of Earth-haters who were raping the planet for their own pleasures. Anyone who says they were lovers of our planet are delusional and clearly revising history.


  2. #2
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,880
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Did the environmentalists of the 20th and 21st centuries end "climate change"?

    If the concept of realism has vanished off the face of the planet, then maybe.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  3. #3
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Did the environmentalists of the 20th and 21st centuries end "climate change"?

    I don't know about climate change, but what we are doing to the environment is not good. And I'm not saying the world is going to end etc etc, but pollution is bad, we need to limit it. Also we need to aggressively research and develop alternative energy sources, and wean ourselves off of coal, and oil. Because those things aren't going to last forever, and it's better to get a head start on these things, instead of waiting for the last minute when there is a panic to develop those new technologies, because we are running out of fossil fuels, and the prices for those fuels are at ridiculous levels.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  4. #4
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Did the environmentalists of the 20th and 21st centuries end "climate change"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I don't know about climate change, but what we are doing to the environment is not good. And I'm not saying the world is going to end etc etc, but pollution is bad, we need to limit it. Also we need to aggressively research and develop alternative energy sources, and wean ourselves off of coal, and oil. Because those things aren't going to last forever, and it's better to get a head start on these things, instead of waiting for the last minute when there is a panic to develop those new technologies, because we are running out of fossil fuels, and the prices for those fuels are at ridiculous levels.
    Why don't we completely eliminate everything that's causing climate change RIGHT NOW?


  5. #5
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Did the environmentalists of the 20th and 21st centuries end "climate change"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    Why don't we completely eliminate everything that's causing climate change RIGHT NOW?
    Because that would be stupid, and ignorant, because A.) We don't even know if climate change is happening, and if it is, we don't know we are causing it B.) We don't have the tech to replace our energy needs that are being provided by coal and oil.

    I'm saying we need to address the issue of coal, and oil being finite, and look for infinite(relatively speaking) sources of energy that don't cause the amount of pollution that coal, and oil emit. Just because doesn't ascribe to the thought that climate change is 100% happening, doesn't mean that we should have to not worry about the effects of pollution. Pollution is bad period, and we need to limit it.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  6. #6
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Did the environmentalists of the 20th and 21st centuries end "climate change"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Because that would be stupid, and ignorant, because A.) We don't even know if climate change is happening, and if it is, we don't know we are causing it B.) We don't have the tech to replace our energy needs that are being provided by coal and oil.

    I'm saying we need to address the issue of coal, and oil being finite, and look for infinite(relatively speaking) sources of energy that don't cause the amount of pollution that coal, and oil emit. Just because doesn't ascribe to the thought that climate change is 100% happening, doesn't mean that we should have to not worry about the effects of pollution. Pollution is bad period, and we need to limit it.
    You're "very liberal" and you say we don't even know if climate change is happening or if we're causing it??? Wow.

    I need to find another liberal.


  7. #7
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Did the environmentalists of the 20th and 21st centuries end "climate change"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    You're "very liberal" and you say we don't even know if climate change is happening or if we're causing it??? Wow.

    I need to find another liberal.
    I don't know why it's a liberal stance to believe in climate change, is it perceived that way because of Al Gore?
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  8. #8
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Did the environmentalists of the 20th and 21st centuries end "climate change"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    You're "very liberal" and you say we don't even know if climate change is happening or if we're causing it??? Wow.

    I need to find another liberal.
    It's climatologists who have determined AGW is happening, not liberals. I believe them, however I can't prove it happening. The skeptics are mostly in the fossil fuel industry like Koch Industries.


  9. #9
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,880
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Did the environmentalists of the 20th and 21st centuries end "climate change"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I don't know why it's a liberal stance to believe in climate change, is it perceived that way because of Al Gore?
    You're a fake liberal!
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  10. #10
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Did the environmentalists of the 20th and 21st centuries end "climate change"?

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    You're a fake liberal!
    Damn it! I've been outed
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •