View Poll Results: Would you support Human supremacy?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, absolutely.

    10 27.78%
  • No, i would advocate the unity of all Sapiens.

    17 47.22%
  • Other.

    9 25.00%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 89

Thread: If Humans where not the only race, would you be a Human supremacist?

  1. #51
    Advisor Arcadius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Somewhere far away.
    Last Seen
    10-27-11 @ 07:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    390

    Re: If Humans where not the only race, would you be a Human supremacist?

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    How did you let that happen??? I never lost a soul, and I've played it at least six times...
    I didn't really know what I was supposed to do to keep my team alive. I just kind of jumped into the game. I did a lot better on my retry.
    Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.~ Ernest Hemingway

  2. #52
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: If Humans where not the only race, would you be a Human supremacist?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Weirdest poll i've made on this forum but i can't stop thinking about it. Basically im playing this game set in the future, where human development takes them beyond our solar system, into different nebula's and galaxies. There are many different types of intelligent life forms from different evolutionary backgrounds and planets that humans inevitably cross paths with. They mingle in our cities and we in theirs, imagine; they can talk like you, learn your language, adapt to your culture, share the same interests as you, have a collective sense on what is right or wrong. They have big cultural differences, different ways of doing or understanding things, the way people did before the days of planes, ships and globalization, before the days of integration right here on Earth.

    Yet, although all these races live together, prejudices exist, historic hatred and stereotyping still alive, just like in today's society. Naturally, inter-human race supremacy ideals would shift slowly to human race supremacy in such an event. And even though this galactic society has its tensions, they collectively agree racism is wrong, should be combated and equality promoted, again, like today's world.

    But in-game exists an organization called Cerberus. It promotes pro-Human agenda's, sometimes even resulting in violence against other races to ensure its dominance and genetic pool is maintained. It emphasizes on inter-human breeding, human only colonies, independent human political system, military intervention to save human lives only and promotes the importance of the human culture, history and identity over others.

    In such a hypothetical world, as a citizen of the galaxy in the world 2100, would you be in favor of lifting racial prejudices of human vs alien, or would you support the Cerberus cause?

    Every time i think about what my answer would be, i cant help but think "well, would i be a white supremacist against other human races?". But its different....or did people see it in a similar light back then? Me vs this foreigner who looks nothing like me, who has a different background as me? Will that be the next big step towards a discriminant free society in the distant future? All hypothetically speaking, of course.
    Yes, **** those crazy looking, large eye, grey skin aliens! I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill them all!
    Last edited by Ikari; 03-07-11 at 11:16 AM.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #53
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: If Humans where not the only race, would you be a Human supremacist?

    If their natural or selected way of life presents no harm to humans and vise versa, I would probably advocate for a harmonious relationship. However, if this is a race of vampires (or they really like the way humans taste), then no way, I want to live.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Last Seen
    03-07-12 @ 03:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,692

    Re: If Humans where not the only race, would you be a Human supremacist?

    There might not even be a point to being a human supremacist, since superiority complexes could be uniquely human and no one else would care.

    If they do care, it could go one of two ways:
    1) The other lifeforms are indifferent or even peaceful, so they let us think what we want.
    2) They are hostile and supremacy has to be proven with who has the most power. Humans would lose.

  5. #55
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    10-18-17 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,388
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: If Humans where not the only race, would you be a Human supremacist?

    Paragon all the way though ME 1 and 2.
    Everyone lived.
    We need the combine might of the whole Galaxy to win.
    Also it's all about Tali.=)

  6. #56
    Student
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago area
    Last Seen
    11-06-13 @ 06:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    234

    Re: If Humans where not the only race, would you be a Human supremacist?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Weirdest poll i've made on this forum but i can't stop thinking about it. Basically im playing this game set in the future, where human development takes them beyond our solar system, into different nebula's and galaxies. There are many different types of intelligent life forms from different evolutionary backgrounds and planets that humans inevitably cross paths with. They mingle in our cities and we in theirs, imagine; they can talk like you, learn your language, adapt to your culture, share the same interests as you, have a collective sense on what is right or wrong. They have big cultural differences, different ways of doing or understanding things, the way people did before the days of planes, ships and globalization, before the days of integration right here on Earth.

    Yet, although all these races live together, prejudices exist, historic hatred and stereotyping still alive, just like in today's society. Naturally, inter-human race supremacy ideals would shift slowly to human race supremacy in such an event. And even though this galactic society has its tensions, they collectively agree racism is wrong, should be combated and equality promoted, again, like today's world.

    But in-game exists an organization called Cerberus. It promotes pro-Human agenda's, sometimes even resulting in violence against other races to ensure its dominance and genetic pool is maintained. It emphasizes on inter-human breeding, human only colonies, independent human political system, military intervention to save human lives only and promotes the importance of the human culture, history and identity over others.

    In such a hypothetical world, as a citizen of the galaxy in the world 2100, would you be in favor of lifting racial prejudices of human vs alien, or would you support the Cerberus cause?

    Every time i think about what my answer would be, i cant help but think "well, would i be a white supremacist against other human races?". But its different....or did people see it in a similar light back then? Me vs this foreigner who looks nothing like me, who has a different background as me? Will that be the next big step towards a discriminant free society in the distant future? All hypothetically speaking, of course.
    That would depend upon how the aliens voted. If they supported Obama then death to the alien scum. If they supported more conservative candidates then I would be a big time supporter of NAAA (the National Association for the Advancement of Aliens).

  7. #57
    Advisor Arcadius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Somewhere far away.
    Last Seen
    10-27-11 @ 07:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    390

    Re: If Humans where not the only race, would you be a Human supremacist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevergolfpar View Post
    That would depend upon how the aliens voted. If they supported Obama then death to the alien scum. If they supported more conservative candidates then I would be a big time supporter of NAAA (the National Association for the Advancement of Aliens).
    I feel like they wouldn't give a f*ck about human politics.
    Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.~ Ernest Hemingway

  8. #58
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: If Humans where not the only race, would you be a Human supremacist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    At the end of Mass Effect 2, I told the Illusive Man to screw off, so there's my answer
    Ditto, but it was because I did not trust him, nor did I like his manipulative ways. I feel his agenda is not driven by what is the best of humanity, but is instead driven by more selfish motives - or he is something other than human, those fake looking eyes just did not sit well for me, and it seemed a cue that things may not quite be what they seem to be..

    All human council, but I also told the illusive man to piss off.

    I also am quite renegade - I will do what I feel needs to be done to get the desired end result, and in ME2 that was using Cerberus and discarding them when I was through.
    ME1 paragon: 139, renegade: 454
    ME2 paragon: 522, renegade: 1250

    Regarding the question posed in the OP, I would be loyal to my own (humans), but would also accept that we had limitations and concede that alien races would almost certainly have different strengths and weaknesses than us. A blanket superior Vs. inferior categorization would be inadequate, unless we are discussing specifics.
    Last edited by marduc; 03-07-11 at 01:49 PM.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  9. #59
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: If Humans where not the only race, would you be a Human supremacist?

    If Humans where not the only race, would you be a Human supremacist?
    I'm a vegan.

    Ditto, but it was because I did not trust him, nor did I like his manipulative ways. I feel his agenda is not driven by what is the best of humanity, but is instead driven by more selfish motives - or he is something other than human, those fake looking eyes just did not sit well for me, and it seemed a cue that things may not quite be what they seem to be..

    All human council, but I also told the illusive man to piss off.

    I also am quite renegade - I will do what I feel needs to be done to get the desired end result, and in ME2 that was using Cerberus and discarding them when I was through.
    ME1 paragon: 139, renegade: 454
    ME2 paragon: 522, renegade: 1250

    Regarding the question posed in the OP, I would be loyal to my own (humans), but would also accept that we had limitations and concede that alien races would almost certainly have different strengths and weaknesses than us. A blanket superior Vs. inferior categorization would be inadequate, unless we are discussing specifics.
    I'm not sure if that is wise. I mean, the Illusive Man would probably use the tech acquired at the Collector Base to turn innocent bystanders into husks or something, but those are the kind of measures you need to get the 'optimal' Renegade play through.
    Last edited by Morality Games; 03-07-11 at 02:34 PM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  10. #60
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: If Humans where not the only race, would you be a Human supremacist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadius View Post
    I feel like they wouldn't give a f*ck about human politics.
    They probably would and we theres. Infact, we wouldn't just care, we would probably be inclined to be concerned.

    2) They are hostile and supremacy has to be proven with who has the most power. Humans would lose.
    I believe in the power of human ingenuity....we also have a great knack for blowing stuff up. Plus, they might not even be as advanced as us or our alien allies would probably prop us up with some sweet nanotech. Unless of course they developed invisibility suits, teleports, time machines and massive laser guns that can destroy a planet at the press of a button. More reason to colonize exoplanets!
    Last edited by kaya'08; 03-07-11 at 02:38 PM.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •