"I ask you to prepare because your world is about to change overnight."
- Sounds to me he's just prepping the audience for his news; kinda dramatic, but not crazy. What you would expect from any T.V. show really?
"I will plant my flag on this, and I will fall on my sword if I have to!"
- It sounds like he's just using an analogy for how he his going to stick to what he is saying, even if people try to shoot him down. In other words, saying " I don't care if im saying something unpopular" because the liberal media tend's to shoot people down with opposite opinions and visa versa...
"I'm a guy that's riddled with flaws and by taking my flaws out and putting it in the refiner's fire and letting the bellows of life heated up, I get the opportunity to pound on my flaws and try to perfect it."
- He's just trying to say he is constantly trying to improve himself. The guy is on Live T.V. he's just trying to be a good public speaker.
"You want to call me crazy? Go to hell. Call me crazy all you want!"
- He's obviously pissed at people like you criticizing things you don't bother to look into. You've never told anyone to go to hell? I haven't, but just b/c its not really in my vocabulary; i don't really believe in hell so it wouldn't make sense to tell someone to sent to it haha. I've definitely insulted people though with similar word's.
"The rain has begun to fall in the perfect storm. It has begun."
- This is obviously just colorful rhetoric symbolizing that there are precursor's to his theory already happening, which he just gives the name of "perfect storm". (which he posted numerous video evidence of). If you don't agree with his theory, that's great, i don't really either, think its a little stretch in some points he makes; but there are definitely some sound evidence that the idea is there (whether or not its a threat is debatable).
"Forget BMWs and iPads and jewelry. Do you want to know what the next luxury item is? Believe it or not, orange juice."
- I actually saw this on the TV, He was just talking about the increase in food prices and how inflation is impacting our groceries. This was kind of a joke leading to his talk about food prices.
None of these are the least bit "crazy". If you think they are your just judging on your preconceived notions of Glen Beck.
Last edited by celticwar17; 03-07-11 at 09:20 PM.
Sheen is losing money by being crazy beck makes money by being crazy-Daffy quadaffi is the only one needing shooting for being crazy. Too bad Ronnie didn't get that bastard. Anyone ever see the tape they sent daffy after that missile blew up his mansion?
His reasoning why Obama could have an issue with white people and white culture is due to his religious leaders radicalism. Throughout his life he has been associated and surrounded by people who have a bone to pick with white culture. If we are the sum of our experiences than there is definitely reason for concern regarding his viewpoint towards white culture. I'm not saying he is always right, but at least he provides reasoning behind his arguments. To put him next to Ghaddafi is an insult from an individual who has failed to even attempt to listen to what the man has to say. Instead he listen to his group of friends and lib media that calls him out and out crazy, if you wanted to put a conservative media entity into this pole (though none deserve to be compared to a mass murdering communist) chose Rush Limbaugh or someone along those lines.
Glen Beck reminds me of that great line for THE USUAL SUSPECTS
"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he did not exist".
Glen Beck has convinced a few million people he should be respected and his views listened to. His insanity far exceeds either of the other two because he can outwardly pass as the most normal.
Last edited by haymarket; 03-08-11 at 02:09 PM.
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers
Beck and Sheen are psychos, but Qaddafi has the Libyan military at his disposal. Making him the craziest.
You're despicable! - Daffy Duck
It's a close race. Too close to call at the moment.
AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.