View Poll Results: Men, would you be willing to take hormonal birth control?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 31.25%
  • No

    19 39.58%
  • Maybe

    8 16.67%
  • I am a woman and I don't see it happening

    5 10.42%
  • I am a woman and think men wouldn't have a problem with this

    1 2.08%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 108

Thread: Men, would you be willing to take hormonal birth control?

  1. #51
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,825

    Re: Men, would you be willing to take hormonal birth control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    As the topic is hormonal birth control, I thought it would have been obvious.



    Is the thread title: "Men, would you be willing to take general medications?"

    No. We're talking about hormonal birth control.



    How about "I had a vasectomy" as a reason.
    Vasectomy would be a GREAT reason lol
    but I was just trying to get your REAL insight which I should have just known better
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #52
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Men, would you be willing to take hormonal birth control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    'Cuz I don't want that **** in my system.
    But you expect women to take pills, etc? But don't want them to have options when those pills fail?

    As I expected - a large number of men (not all men) have no interest in "poisoning" theirselves but they expect women to do it all the time by use of cosmetics, pills and other chemical-means of BC (iud's, deprovera) . . . and by staying at home with the kids instead of heading to the doctor and dentist - and so on.

    A serious flaw in the general 'conservative male' view on many issues - women hold a position of 'sacrificial' rather than 'important' - so long as the man goes to work - nothing else equates.

    Of course- this isn't typical of *all men* and this isn't typical of *all male conservatives* - just a lot.
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 03-02-11 at 03:52 PM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Men, would you be willing to take hormonal birth control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Vasectomy would be a GREAT reason lol
    but I was just trying to get your REAL insight which I should have just known better
    Or my personal favorite: Sex is reserved for marriage, and I'm not married, therefore....

  4. #54
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,825

    Re: Men, would you be willing to take hormonal birth control?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    No, I meant to say wife
    LOL honest mistake either way doesnt matter

    I was just curious where your limits are, I know you are quite more religious than I am in the literal/by the book sense. So I was shocked you dont view sex, purposely without the intent to conceive as a sin. Not that I think it is and "shocked" is probably too strong of a worried, more like interesting thats all.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Men, would you be willing to take hormonal birth control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    But you expect women to take pills, etc? But don't want them to have options when those pills fail?
    Hell no. My X was, as my oldest says, "crazy bonkers", while she was on the pill. At least her cycles were predictable when she was not on it. I wouldn't recommend hormonal birth control to anyone....except maybe menopausal women who need it for other reasons.

    Wait till you're at least engaged to do the nasty, then if she gets pregnant, so what, raising kids is what marriage is for. If you and your spouse want to wait, great, we have lots of bc options besides the pill. When you've had your fill of kids, either or both of you can get fixed. No problem.

  6. #56
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,825

    Re: Men, would you be willing to take hormonal birth control?

    Im sure I could look it up but is Depo-Provera hormonal? Cause I was basing my answer of of that particular BC because the last hand-full of GFs Ive had were all on it and loved it. Only one was mentally/emotionally effected even a little and she just god sad sometimes with movies and stuff lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #57
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,825

    Re: Men, would you be willing to take hormonal birth control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Or my personal favorite: Sex is reserved for marriage, and I'm not married, therefore....
    Yeah me too
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Men, would you be willing to take hormonal birth control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Im sure I could look it up but is Depo-Provera hormonal? Cause I was basing my answer of of that particular BC because the last hand-full of GFs Ive had were all on it and loved it. Only one was mentally/emotionally effected even a little and she just god sad sometimes with movies and stuff lol
    My X was on that for a few years, good stuff at first, but it took a toll on her body. I believe her problems were rare and unique to her, because the shot exacerbated pre-existing issues; it didn't cause anything new of it's own. The water retention was easy to counter as we peddle-biked everywhere for the sake of being healthy. In fact, when we decided to have kids, she didn't get pregnant for just over a year after she stopped taking it.

  9. #59
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Men, would you be willing to take hormonal birth control?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Hell no. My X was, as my oldest says, "crazy bonkers", while she was on the pill. At least her cycles were predictable when she was not on it. I wouldn't recommend hormonal birth control to anyone....except maybe menopausal women who need it for other reasons.

    Wait till you're at least engaged to do the nasty, then if she gets pregnant, so what, raising kids is what marriage is for. If you and your spouse want to wait, great, we have lots of bc options besides the pill. When you've had your fill of kids, either or both of you can get fixed. No problem.
    The vareity of options for me was cut down due to unrelated factors - but I never had emotional issues because of the birth control pills I was on.

    Things that effect me *emotionally*: my menstrual cycle - pill or no pill. Being pregnant, caring for kids (extreme stressors). And dealing with my husband's problems.

    But I'm only speaking for myself - not everyone else.

    I can see your point, though - just recently I told my husband to stop taking his psych meds. . . the dr's kept prescribing different things for his issues and none of them did anything but make him more angry, remove his sense of concern, and made him more unbalanced.

    He's better off *not* on anything.

    But that's not true for everyone - I do agree that it is a decision that should be investigated and looked into - Dr's seem to content with just prescribing *whatever's out there* or *whatever they get a kickback on* rather than trying to understand your chemistry - and what would benefit you the most.

    People are often given pills like they're guinea pigs - with no consideration *at all* before hand.

    It's a widespread problem stemming from some practitioners and their level (or lack of) 'care'
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 03-02-11 at 04:13 PM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Last Seen
    03-07-12 @ 03:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,692

    Re: Men, would you be willing to take hormonal birth control?

    Almost everyone woman I know who has taken the pill long-term has had irregular periods or none for up to a year after. I would hate to think what this could do to men if they took some kind of hormonal birth control.

    The pill ****s up your body and all those hormones enter the water systems when you urinate, causing mutations in wildlife. In some areas, people end up drinking water from the tap that has birth control in it, which is just gross.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •