View Poll Results: If we completely left the Muslim countries, would they make peace with the U.S.?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they would make peace with us.

    6 10.34%
  • No, they would not be satisfied.

    34 58.62%
  • Not sure

    8 13.79%
  • Other

    10 17.24%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 110

Thread: Would radical Muslims leave the U.S. alone if....

  1. #51
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,296
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Would radical Muslims leave the U.S. alone if....

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Do you think they dislike us because we support Israel?
    Well one things for sure Digsbe...

    They don't hate your "freedoms" and your "way of life"...

    There is a direct correlation between the Middle Easts ire of America and the creation if Israel...

  2. #52
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Would radical Muslims leave the U.S. alone if....

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    No, I don't think they would make peace with the US if we left the region. They us the US occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan as an excuse to hate America. If we leave they will find another excuse or focus more on other insane rhetoric. The conflict lies within them, and it must be resolved within them.
    This must be based on your conservative beliefs....
    All of the Islamics must be included in any peace process. IMO, the problem is Israel based.
    If they do not grow up and accept the existence of Israel, then - WWIII....Its their choice.
    As it is we should have no trade, zero petroleum from any and all and Islamic nations - this should have occurred many years ago..
    Fortunately, I think the Islamics are progressing, are "growing up".
    We shall see.

  3. #53
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,790

    Re: Would radical Muslims leave the U.S. alone if....

    While I can't say they'd "make peace" with us, whatever that means, they'd certainly have less reason to be bothering us if we'd just leave them to their own devices. They have just as much right to self-determination as we do. Let them.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  4. #54
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Would radical Muslims leave the U.S. alone if....

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And see, what I see is making excuses. Both religions attract a radical element. Both radical elements can be violent. Both try and demonize the other.



    List of Islamic Terror Attacks



    Really? I think you are building a strawman and making a bad incorrect correlation here. The numbers are not even close.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #55
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,984

    Re: Would radical Muslims leave the U.S. alone if....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Well one things for sure Digsbe...

    They don't hate your "freedoms" and your "way of life"...
    Really, that's for "sure" Jet? There are no radical muslims that hate America and the West because I can draw a picture of Muhammed ****ing a pig while making a comment that its even better because the pigs still an adolescent and there's not a damn legal thing they can do about it? There's no radical muslims that hate America and the West because two men can plow each others asses and then skip through the streets holding hands and kissing, proclaiming their love for one another without any fear of the state stoning them to death? There's no radical muslims that hate America and the West because an, in their eyes, scantally clad woman could be the boss of and order around muslim men on a routine basis?

    Do I think the "hate us for our freedoms" line is overused and over blown. Definitely. But its absolutely ridiculous to suggest that "for sure" that there is not hatred or resentment towards the west and the US for some of those things as some kind of absolute truth.

  6. #56
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Would radical Muslims leave the U.S. alone if....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Well one things for sure Digsbe...

    They don't hate your "freedoms" and your "way of life"...

    There is a direct correlation between the Middle Easts ire of America and the creation if Israel...


    Really?




    (2) The second thing we call you to, is to stop your oppression, lies, immorality and debauchery that has spread among you.

    (a) We call you to be a people of manners, principles, honour, and purity; to reject the immoral acts of fornication, homosexuality, intoxicants, gambling's, and trading with interest.

    We call you to all of this that you may be freed from that which you have become caught up in; that you may be freed from the deceptive lies that you are a great nation, that your leaders spread amongst you to conceal from you the despicable state to which you have reached.

    (b) It is saddening to tell you that you are the worst civilization witnessed by the history of mankind:

    (i) You are the nation who, rather than ruling by the Shariah of Allah in its Constitution and Laws, choose to invent your own laws as you will and desire. You separate religion from your policies, contradicting the pure nature which affirms Absolute Authority to the Lord and your Creator. You flee from the embarrassing question posed to you: How is it possible for Allah the Almighty to create His creation, grant them power over all the creatures and land, grant them all the amenities of life, and then deny them that which they are most in need of: knowledge of the laws which govern their lives?

    (ii) You are the nation that permits Usury, which has been forbidden by all the religions. Yet you build your economy and investments on Usury. As a result of this, in all its different forms and guises, the Jews have taken control of your economy, through which they have then taken control of your media, and now control all aspects of your life making you their servants and achieving their aims at your expense; precisely what Benjamin Franklin warned you against.

    (iii) You are a nation that permits the production, trading and usage of intoxicants. You also permit drugs, and only forbid the trade of them, even though your nation is the largest consumer of them.

    (iv) You are a nation that permits acts of immorality, and you consider them to be pillars of personal freedom. You have continued to sink down this abyss from level to level until incest has spread amongst you, in the face of which neither your sense of honour nor your laws object.

    Who can forget your President Clinton's immoral acts committed in the official Oval office? After that you did not even bring him to account, other than that he 'made a mistake', after which everything passed with no punishment. Is there a worse kind of event for which your name will go down in history and remembered by nations?

    (v) You are a nation that permits gambling in its all forms. The companies practice this as well, resulting in the investments becoming active and the criminals becoming rich.

    (vi) You are a nation that exploits women like consumer products or advertising tools calling upon customers to purchase them. You use women to serve passengers, visitors, and strangers to increase your profit margins. You then rant that you support the liberation of women.

    (vii) You are a nation that practices the trade of sex in all its forms, directly and indirectly. Giant corporations and establishments are established on this, under the name of art, entertainment, tourism and freedom, and other deceptive names you attribute to it.

    -Osama Bin Laden in a "letter to America"

    Lets not deny that which is before us.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #57
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Would radical Muslims leave the U.S. alone if....

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Do you think they dislike us because we support Israel?

    That's because there are no radical Christian theocracies that are bent on destroying another nation...
    Not really so..
    George Bush and the conservatives destroyed Saddam Hussein's Iraq ten year ago.
    Of course we are not nearly as evil, buts its close, too close for comfort...
    And , in the same position, I may have done the same as George....So ,we cannot have nut cases running a nation.

  8. #58
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Would radical Muslims leave the U.S. alone if....

    They would not. Radical Islam hates the US for it's success, while the ME with all of it's turmoil leave the majority of people in poverty. Radicals like to target the US as the cause for this poverty, as they feel our exploitation of their lands makes us rich at their expense. While there is some truth to this, the main reason these people are poor is bad government and Medieval beliefs. We are seeing that some of these peoples are waking up to some of this, as the riots and protests show and some of the leadership are using the radical Islam approach of "blame the West." However, most of these are asking for help from the West. Thus, regardless of pullout or whahave you, radical Islam will blame the US for all of the ME's shortcomings.

  9. #59
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Would radical Muslims leave the U.S. alone if....

    We are hated for who we are, and this hatred magnifies the nature of what we do.

    Idealogues typically of the right ignore the effects of what we do in terms of exacerbating the hatred. Apologists typically of the left ignore the fact we are hated for who we are.

    Both are clueless.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  10. #60
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,296
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Would radical Muslims leave the U.S. alone if....

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Really?

    Lets not deny that which is before us.
    His goals are ultimately political, he wants all American and western forces out of the Middle East and he wants Israel destroyed.

    Everything else is secondary.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •