View Poll Results: Are you evil?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    27 55.10%
  • No

    15 30.61%
  • Don't Know

    7 14.29%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 91

Thread: Are you evil?

  1. #81
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Are you evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Evil is a hypothetical construct.


    I disagree.... While my last post was in fun. Seriously men are not evil, sometimes however we do evil things, and these things haunt us until our graves.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  2. #82
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:08 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,440

    Re: Are you evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I disagree.... While my last post was in fun. Seriously men are not evil, sometimes however we do evil things, and these things haunt us until our graves.
    No matter what you call "evil", it is a construct. It's subjective in nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  3. #83
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Are you evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    No matter what you call "evil", it is a construct. It's subjective in nature.


    Construct or not, its very very real.....


    Our entire existance is a construct of our minds.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  4. #84
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Are you evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Original sin and the sinful nature we have. I believe we have evil natures and we all do evil things (sin). But I also believe through God's Spirit that we have the potential for good.
    Then how do atheists manage to be good people?

  5. #85
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    03-05-18 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,862

    Re: Are you evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Then how do atheists manage to be good people?
    What? There are atheists who are good people? Who says?





    Just having fun. . . .

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #86
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:08 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,440

    Re: Are you evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Construct or not, its very very real.....


    Our entire existance is a construct of our minds.

    That's what my initial post was referring to.

    "I voted evil, therefore I'm evil." ~ "I think, therefore I am."
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  7. #87
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,298

    Re: Are you evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Then how do atheists manage to be good people?
    They may be "good people" by our standards, but they are still guilty of sin like Christians and everyone else is.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  8. #88
    Rule of Two
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,359

    Re: Are you evil?

    As my friend Cherokee (may he rest in peace) would say: you bet your sweet ass I am Suzy.
    Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Through Passion I gain Strength. Through Strength I gain Power. Through Power I gain Victory. Through Victory my chains are Broken. The Force shall free me.

  9. #89
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    05-20-18 @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,437

    Re: Are you evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Then how do atheists manage to be good people?
    as Jesus put it, no one is good.

  10. #90
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    05-20-18 @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,437

    Re: Are you evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Would anybody declare themselves as evil within their own definition of evil?
    that is, in fact, a central tenet of Christian theology

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •