View Poll Results: Beyonce In Blackface: Racist Imagery or Art?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Racist

    23 48.94%
  • Art

    16 34.04%
  • Not Sure

    3 6.38%
  • Other/Explain

    10 21.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: Beyonce In Blackface: Racist or Art?

  1. #11
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Beyonce In Blackface: Racist or Art?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Being in business and making money in pretty much everything you do shows some kind of intelligence. How else can we explain Glenn Beck and Fat Limbaugh?
    While I know it is love with Bey and JayZ? There is something to be said about two smart folks making a couple. Seems smart to me
    Last edited by Kali; 02-23-11 at 12:48 AM.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  2. #12
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,723

    Re: Beyonce In Blackface: Racist or Art?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Beyonce is a dumb bimbo.
    I disagree with this. I became a fan of hers when I saw the video of her singing "Halo" to a little girl with cancer.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avuev...e_gdata_player

    That same year, she gave her spotlight to Taylor Swift after Kanye West shut Swift down. I know nothing of her politics, but I think she's talented, a stand up person and besides, she's hot.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  3. #13
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,623
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Beyonce In Blackface: Racist or Art?

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    The thing about blackface is it's only racist if it's done to mock black people, which this clearly isn't.
    I see this as nothing more than an ode to her African roots. Seriously, this is a model being a model, nothing racist about it.

  4. #14
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,325
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Beyonce In Blackface: Racist or Art?

    I don't see anything racist with this, however I don't see anything particularly artistic about it either. Therefore I voted other.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #15
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,207

    Re: Beyonce In Blackface: Racist or Art?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I don't see anything racist with this, however I don't see anything particularly artistic about it either. Therefore I voted other.
    Art is in the eyes of the beer holder.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Beyonce In Blackface: Racist or Art?

    Do we seriously have to scoop his eye out to get our art back?

  7. #17
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Beyonce In Blackface: Racist or Art?

    It's a PR stunt to generate buzz and get people to talk about it. It worked.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  8. #18
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,068

    Re: Beyonce In Blackface: Racist or Art?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Beyonce is a dumb bimbo.
    Sounds like someone is a bit jealous...
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Beyonce In Blackface: Racist or Art?

    Since no names appear in the poll for the 18 who chose 'racisit', I would think that indicates they were not members, so I'll simply discount those voters as trolls trying to stir up trouble...

    A black woman wearing blackface of her own free will is certainly not racist.

  10. #20
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,982

    Re: Beyonce In Blackface: Racist or Art?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Do you know what blackface is? Black face isn't putting make up in order to shoot pictures of yourself wearing clothes most people can't afford. Black face is tied to a performance denigrating black people by making a mockery of the entire race. Wearing dark make up is not racism anymore than LeBron James posing with some white woman is.
    Stephen A. Smith would like to have a word with you

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •