View Poll Results: Who's worse Bush or Obama?

Voters
230. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bush

    97 42.17%
  • Obama

    133 57.83%
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 262

Thread: Who Do You Think Has Done More Damage to the Country, Bush or Obama?

  1. #61
    Sage
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,757

    Re: Who Do You Think Has Done More Damage to the Country, Bush or Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by OhIsee.Then View Post
    The way the auto business is split up into may pieces, most supported by cash flow,
    when you stop a significant piece of it you can break the whole thing.
    Regardless to what you think is a "reasonable" amount of time this is how we should approach big business. Just stating why the failing of the companies would be really bad doesn't justify bailing them out. If the system in which they organize their product is flawed, it needs to fail. And IF you do choose to bail them out you would at least need to instill a plan to slowly run the company out of business with a downsizing plan in order to dampen the shock on the economy. In the end, the company needs to be revamped or fail, not just given money so they can just go on about their business without any repercussions.

  2. #62
    Advisor LimeLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    01-15-12 @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    343

    Re: Who Do You Think Has Done More Damage to the Country, Bush or Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadius View Post
    I'm going to keep my opinion out of the first post. I think the title pretty much sizes things up. George W. Bush vs. Barack Hussein Obama
    I don't see it reasonable to throw blame onto presidents alone. I think theres a large gray area that is missed by blaming them alone. It's easier to blame one person then a group though.
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

    Umberto Eco

  3. #63
    Sage
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,757

    Re: Who Do You Think Has Done More Damage to the Country, Bush or Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by LimeLight View Post
    I don't see it reasonable to throw blame onto presidents alone. I think theres a large gray area that is missed by blaming them alone. It's easier to blame one person then a group though.
    i mean you are right, but it is the presents burden to take the blame in a way. He is the face, the executive, representative of political discussion, and has more power then any other single individual in the entire government. If the presidents views are proven to not be in the best interest of the country, then he is responsible.

  4. #64
    Sage
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,757

    Re: Who Do You Think Has Done More Damage to the Country, Bush or Obama?

    Ill put it in college terms. If the fraternity Alpha-Alpha-PI threw a huge party one night and three underage girls got completely wasted and two of them walked home alone and got hit by a car. Who is responsible? Who is in trouble? -The president of the fraternity. Because he is liable for everything that goes on in fraternity affairs.

  5. #65
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    MI and AZ
    Last Seen
    03-15-15 @ 12:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,581

    Re: Who Do You Think Has Done More Damage to the Country, Bush or Obama?

    Presluc let me quote you:
    "I agree with what you say if we would have let certain corporations fail and colapse it would have meant hard times but in the long run it would have been better for America and it's people."

    Yup, long hard times, many deaths, deprived children, etc., and for what reason? To teach us the same lesson again?

    "Who's to say the ones we bailed out might think they have leverage over America now, and who's to say they won't do the same thing they did before?"

    Oh, they did before, do now; and they'll screw up and do it again. And, bty they do have leverage over America.

    "Business like cards is at best a gamble.
    Perhaps it would not hurt to change the cards from time to time."

    The cards are the people. Business leaders are of the same ilk. The faces might change but the type doesn't change. A king is a king

  6. #66
    Frankernaut peepnklown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-16-15 @ 03:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    607

    Re: Who Do You Think Has Done More Damage to the Country, Bush or Obama?

    It has been a team effort so; we need a lot of presidents added to this poll.
    'The whole universe is going to die!'

  7. #67
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    05-15-18 @ 10:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,940

    Re: Who Do You Think Has Done More Damage to the Country, Bush or Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by OhIsee.Then View Post
    Presluc let me quote you:
    "I agree with what you say if we would have let certain corporations fail and colapse it would have meant hard times but in the long run it would have been better for America and it's people."

    Yup, long hard times, many deaths, deprived children, etc., and for what reason? To teach us the same lesson again?

    "Who's to say the ones we bailed out might think they have leverage over America now, and who's to say they won't do the same thing they did before?"

    Oh, they did before, do now; and they'll screw up and do it again. And, bty they do have leverage over America.

    "Business like cards is at best a gamble.
    Perhaps it would not hurt to change the cards from time to time."

    The cards are the people. Business leaders are of the same ilk. The faces might change but the type doesn't change. A king is a king
    Kings have been dethroned before.

    Without people there are no customers without customers no profit.
    Sooner or later if corporations keep screwing up they will fall .

    Example; Edsel, 8 track tapes vcrs, MCI, ECT ECT.

    Remember at one time Cotton was King and slaves picked it.
    NO MORE.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  8. #68
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    MI and AZ
    Last Seen
    03-15-15 @ 12:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,581

    Re: Who Do You Think Has Done More Damage to the Country, Bush or Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    Kings have been dethroned before.

    Without people there are no customers without customers no profit.
    Sooner or later if corporations keep screwing up they will fall .

    Example; Edsel, 8 track tapes vcrs, MCI, ECT ECT.

    Remember at one time Cotton was King and slaves picked it.
    NO MORE.
    YES Kings have been dethroned before, BUT they are replaced with Kings, only the face of the king changes. I guess I wasnít clear.

    YES Without people there are no customers without customers no profit.

    Sooner or later if corporations keep screwing up they will fall. Corporations screw up all the time, but a few screw ups donít cause failure. It takes many or a very large screw up to cause a corporation to fail. However, some types of failures are caused by outside influences that corporations canít foresee or canít do anything about. For this reason corporations want influence in government.

    Example; Edsel, 8 track tapes vcrs, MCI, ECT ECT.
    Edsel was a famous mistake, but on the small side. Ford sailed right through it, no big problem.
    8tracks, VCRís etc. were leading edge technologies, made a lot of money and played a lot of music etc. The only thing that would have been an error was to not build and sell them.

    Remember at one time Cotton was King and slaves picked it.
    NO MORE. No, just not in the US. Yes things change. They will always change. You canít wait for things to become stable then design your product and corporation.

  9. #69
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    05-15-18 @ 10:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,940

    Re: Who Do You Think Has Done More Damage to the Country, Bush or Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by OhIsee.Then View Post
    YES Kings have been dethroned before, BUT they are replaced with Kings, only the face of the king changes. I guess I wasn’t clear.

    YES Without people there are no customers without customers no profit.

    Sooner or later if corporations keep screwing up they will fall. Corporations screw up all the time, but a few screw ups don’t cause failure. It takes many or a very large screw up to cause a corporation to fail. However, some types of failures are caused by outside influences that corporations can’t foresee or can’t do anything about. For this reason corporations want influence in government.

    Example; Edsel, 8 track tapes vcrs, MCI, ECT ECT.
    Edsel was a famous mistake, but on the small side. Ford sailed right through it, no big problem.
    8tracks, VCR’s etc. were leading edge technologies, made a lot of money and played a lot of music etc. The only thing that would have been an error was to not build and sell them.

    Remember at one time Cotton was King and slaves picked it.
    NO MORE. No, just not in the US. Yes things change. They will always change. You can’t wait for things to become stable then design your product and corporation.
    My mistake I thought you were talking American corporations.
    If you are talking global ,well that's a differant story.

    1ST Most global corporations don't have a golden parachute to bail them out when profits drop.

    2ND, Most global countries have more exports than imports.
    America has more imports than exports.
    Also, most countries have a fair trade agreement.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  10. #70
    Guru
    Muddy Creek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 08:02 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,103

    Re: Who Do You Think Has Done More Damage to the Country, Bush or Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    i mean you are right, but it is the presents burden to take the blame in a way. He is the face, the executive, representative of political discussion, and has more power then any other single individual in the entire government. If the presidents views are proven to not be in the best interest of the country, then he is responsible.
    That's a fallacy. The President is 1/3 the government with no more power than Congress
    Alex Carey:

    ... the 20th century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.

    Australian social scientist, quoted by Noam Chomsky in World Orders Old and New

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •