View Poll Results: Who's worse Bush or Obama?

Voters
230. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bush

    97 42.17%
  • Obama

    133 57.83%
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 262

Thread: Who Do You Think Has Done More Damage to the Country, Bush or Obama?

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    01-18-13 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: Who Do You Think Has Done More Damage to the Country, Bush or Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
    I think it is obviously Bush. From 9-11 and Katrina to the economic collapse he left to Obama. No question. Obama had to do the spending he did in order to keep the economy from a complete breakdown. I can list all the top economists who said he needed to shore things up. The stock market has returned, The job situation is heading north. Now I don't think housing will come back for a while and since it was our main economic engine the past ten years that is going to continue to hurt us. But the entire mess including two wars that were unfunded were all left behind by GWB. That is a fact no matter what you think of Obama. Without the crash Obama would have never had to spend what he did. And BTW it was congress as well that passed the spending. So there you are. My take. Thank you thank you. I'm here all week. Oh and before someone says it...I liked Bush

    No honest person says the stock market has returned.

    Index it for inflation, buddy. Try to remember what is happening while the Federal Reserve is monetizing Obama's debt. Certainly, while Mayor Snorkum opposes putting the image of a living politician on American currency, there's no doubt that Obama should be on the nation's first billion dollar federal reserve notes printed for general circulation.

    Remember the Weimar Republic, Remember Zimbabwe.

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    01-18-13 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: Who Do You Think Has Done More Damage to the Country, Bush or Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    Well you must lean to the right or a die hard rightwinger.

    You guys tend to go this way then that way when it comes to the economics of America

    I like to keep things simple.

    Like money, the American goveernment runs on money.
    Money comes from taxes.
    If budget cuts are needed tax revenue is low.

    I leave you with an old Private Detective motto, "FOLLOW THE MONEY"
    No.

    If budget cuts are needed, spending is too high. Given that the left is having hernias over the thought that something as silly as NPR is getting cut, then the Left needs to get counseling and treatment for the their spendning addiction.

  3. #123
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oaxaca, Mexico
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 08:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,579

    Re: Who Do You Think Has Done More Damage to the Country, Bush or Obama?

    Comparing eight years to two years is fair. I think President Obama has already won the competition, though. I don't know why we didn't go with Bush in eight years or Obama in the last five minutes.

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Last Seen
    07-07-16 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,854

    Re: Who Do You Think Has Done More Damage to the Country, Bush or Obama?

    I say Bush because
    1. He is the cause of Obama. If a better president was elected, then the republicans wouldn't have been that unpopular.

    2. He sent America into two wars

    3. He was an embarrasment for Americans at the international stage and strengthening the stereotype that Americans are stupid.

    4. He didn't care about the deficits either.

  5. #125
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,923

    Re: Who Do You Think Has Done More Damage to the Country, Bush or Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayor Snorkum View Post
    No.

    If budget cuts are needed, spending is too high. Given that the left is having hernias over the thought that something as silly as NPR is getting cut, then the Left needs to get counseling and treatment for the their spendning addiction.
    Strange I thought budget cuts came from less tax revenue due to less jobs.

    As far as I'm concerned the left as well as the right both need counseling and treatment for their spending addiction.

    However 8 yrs with Bush?
    How much was the deficit in 2000, how much was the deficit in 2008? do the math

    Obama almost 4 yrs.
    How much was the deficit in 2008 How much is the deficit now? do the math.
    Granted Obama didn't do much better, but the name of the post ask a question.
    Mathmatics is the answer,numbers don't lie.
    You can make excuses or plead bad luck but numbers are numbers.
    Last edited by presluc; 04-04-11 at 05:49 PM.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  6. #126
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    04-08-11 @ 12:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18

    Re: Who Do You Think Has Done More Damage to the Country, Bush or Obama?

    Bush sucked but Obama is worse. I find it humorous that some of you say that bush is responsible for two wars. Actually the terrorists are responsible for the war in afghanistan. The war in Afghanistan is a war of necessity and survival. Anybody who says otherwise probably wouldnt support any war in any circumstance. The war in Iraq was bogus, I know because i have been there and all we have accomplished was a pile of dead G.I.'s and a pile of debt, Bush was entirely responsible for that. However i think obama is more responsible for stripping our rights which is the most imortant thing to an American.

  7. #127
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,923

    Re: Who Do You Think Has Done More Damage to the Country, Bush or Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by beholdaredhorse View Post
    Bush sucked but Obama is worse. I find it humorous that some of you say that bush is responsible for two wars. Actually the terrorists are responsible for the war in afghanistan. The war in Afghanistan is a war of necessity and survival. Anybody who says otherwise probably wouldnt support any war in any circumstance. The war in Iraq was bogus, I know because i have been there and all we have accomplished was a pile of dead G.I.'s and a pile of debt, Bush was entirely responsible for that. However i think obama is more responsible for stripping our rights which is the most imortant thing to an American.
    Ever read a little thing called the Patriot act?
    How about the Homeland security color coded defence notice in case of attack?
    How about Ridge's speech on in case of a bilogical attack try duck tape?

    You do know that all of these and many more was approved by the then President of the United States, George W. Bush.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  8. #128
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    04-08-11 @ 12:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18

    Re: Who Do You Think Has Done More Damage to the Country, Bush or Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    Ever read a little thing called the Patriot act?
    How about the Homeland security color coded defence notice in case of attack?
    How about Ridge's speech on in case of a bilogical attack try duck tape?

    You do know that all of these and many more was approved by the then President of the United States, George W. Bush.
    The patriot act is in my opinion horrible I agree, however your other two points im not seeing how those particular things effect our rights so how about you elaborate...

  9. #129
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,923

    Re: Who Do You Think Has Done More Damage to the Country, Bush or Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by beholdaredhorse View Post
    The patriot act is in my opinion horrible I agree, however your other two points im not seeing how those particular things effect our rights so how about you elaborate...
    I must apologise,

    You see in my humble opinion the American people depend on leaders to make some hard desitsions in a time of chrises.

    Duct tape for a biological attack, todays threat is orange??

    I do not consider these good desisions.

    To be fair I do not consider Obama's Insurance ad ... err I mean Health bill any better.

    However as I have said numbers do not lie.

    The lesser of two evils is Obama Bush he was worce for America.
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  10. #130
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: Who Do You Think Has Done More Damage to the Country, Bush or Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadius View Post
    I'm going to keep my opinion out of the first post. I think the title pretty much sizes things up. George W. Bush vs. Barack Hussein Obama
    Too early for sensible people to rate Obama. Wait and see how he fares after 2012..

    ricksfolly

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •